• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy

Looks like I'll be rooting for the Islanders and the Flames. Islanders because one of my dudes is a big fan and the Flames because they have a flare for the dramatic. But mostly, fuck the Pens and FUCK RICK NASH!

Giggzy

ANA vs WPG
VAN vs CGY
CHI vs NSH
STL vs MIN

NYR vs PIT
MON vs OTT
TBL vs DET
WSH vs NYI

Here are my predictions. Upset fest in the East. I have a feeling about WPG this year and don't have same feeling about ANA anymore.

This makes me so happy.

Mentok

Banned
What you and many others like you fail to realise is that the sale and distribution of tickets is vastly different for playoffs than during the regular season.

Disregarding this year policy of selling within the region (which people also fail to realise is more of a strategy to combat the scalping and gauging of tickets through 3rd party ticket resellers rather than trying to prevent Habs fans from invading the arena), playoff tickets tend to go on sale before the match-up is even known, essentially ensuring that the home team fans will scoop up the tickets before the any visiting fans can.

Second, season ticket holders who are usually giving away or selling their tickets during the regular season are now keeping their tickets for themselves since they actually want to attend playoff games.

Go back and look at the tape from 2013 and tell me that crowd isn't overwhelmingly a Sens crowd.

I haven't failed to realize your points.

1) The policy of selling within the region is not new to the Sens, they did this practice in the early 2000's when they played the Leafs for like 4 straight years in a row. Say what you will about the "strategy", I see the reason differently.

2) Season ticket holders have usually hung on to their tickets when it's against a rival like the Habs/Leafs.

But my point is that the Habs will have more fans in attendance here than they would against another city in the first round.

ANA vs WPG
VAN vs CGY
CHI vs NSH
STL vs MIN

NYR vs PIT
MON vs OTT
TBL vs DET
WSH vs NYI

Here are my predictions. Upset fest in the East. I have a feeling about WPG this year and don't have same feeling about ANA anymore.

Swap MIN, MON, TBL in and these are mine.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Haha, no way! I was in Recife for a week last June and spent a day at Porto de Galinhas. You should ask to go Maracaipe, it's like 5 minutes away. Great beaches there.

We were there two days ago actually. Wanted to take some surf lessons but it was too late. We will have spent around a week in PDG. Great place to be:)

ZeroGravity

Might as well go all in:
X72I2a2.jpg

Jinaar

Only thing that needs and should happen is a Canadian VS Canadian Team final. I'll take Montreal VS Flames final.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
This definitely seems like the closest each team/series could be besides maybe pens-Rangers in quite awhile. No easy match ups. Go nucks.

Vermette scratched and Nordstrom playing in his place. Somebody fucking fire Quenneville already.

Maybe Patrick Kane was never really injured, Hawks took advantage of his LITR status to acquire Vermette and stay under the cap for regular season, and now they're scratching him to fly under the radar? Truly that is a scenario that makes more sense?

Marvie_3

Banned
Maybe Patrick Kane was never really injured, Hawks took advantage of his LITR status to acquire Vermette and stay under the cap for regular season, and now they're scratching him to fly under the radar? Truly that is a scenario that makes more sense?
Theres no cap in the playoffs so it does not make sense.

Unfortunately gonna miss the beginning of the game :(
brother came out of the hospital, has some mental health issues, but it's his first day out, even if for just a few hours :)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Got my salt mine ready. Fuck the Sens, fuck Neil, fuck this shitty, ghetto ass team and their shitty fan base.

ALL DAY

it-s-carey-price-bitch-o.gif

It feels weird cheering for the Senators. But it's against the Habs, so I can live with it.

Their cinderella story has made me dislike them less this season, and so has the story about Mark Reeds. But I'll hate it if they win the Cup, which they won't though.

Red_Man

Bergevin is wearing the same blue suit he wore in that gif from last years playoffs

STYLE ON THEM BERGY

H2D7DCO.gif

Syrinx

You'd think GCL would loosen its blackouts for the playoffs, but apparently not.

Is NBCSN or somewhere streaming for free? My class lasts til nine.

Red_Man

Going with the A.Gally jersey tonight, he'll need to step up if Patches is out for a few games.

Vermette scratched and Nordstrom playing in his place. Somebody fucking fire Quenneville already.

Saw this Monday; Q is trying to out think himself. Eventually he'll put together a lineup that makes sense and people will call him a genius.

Hopefully were not down 3-1 before he does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom