• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Wednesday took way too long to get here, but it's finally game day, go Nucks! Eddie in Net and Richardson is back in the lineup.

Also please don't get scored on in the first 5 minutes too as usual, make it a good start

iFImQSzarOldo.JPG

That would be a nightmare final for me. Here's mine:

hPir8Gf.png

I love how everyone is picking the Ducks to lose in the finals.

EDIT: the whole lot of you are betting with your hearts and not you head.

zroid

Banned
Last year 7/8 of my first round picks made first round exits

This year I have:
STL, CHI, WPG, VAN
OTT, TBL, NYR, NYI

logic dictates that fans of 7/8 of those teams should be concerned

Tabris

ANA vs WPG
VAN vs CGY
CHI vs NSH
STL vs MIN

NYR vs PIT
MON vs OTT
TBL vs DET
WSH vs NYI

Here are my predictions. Upset fest in the East. I have a feeling about WPG this year and don't have same feeling about ANA anymore.

Cindro

I'm still not intimately familiar with many NHL teams outside of the Hawks, but... is there a team in the playoffs this year that I can direct some general hatred towards? The L.A. Kings had been filling that role quite nicely, but oh darn, they didn't make it into the playoffs.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So which teams are prime candidates for being swept?

Pittsburgh is probably the most obvious, right?

Ottawa/Habs either team can get swept or it can b a 7-game series, really depends lol
Pens are prime candidates
I'd even say the Jets can get swept

I'm still not intimately familiar with many NHL teams outside of the Hawks, but... is there a team in the playoffs this year that I can direct some general hatred towards? The L.A. Kings had been filling that role quite nicely, but oh darn, they didn't make it into the playoffs.

You're a Hawks fan, right? Feel free to pick us/the Canucks. For... uh... history reasons. Maybe.
Also, pretty sure Marvie/Hawks-GAF hates the Blues so you can also hate the Blues.

Cindro

You're a Hawks fan, right? Feel free to pick us/the Canucks. For... uh... history reasons. Maybe.
Also, pretty sure Marvie/Hawks-GAF hates the Blues so you can also hate the Blues.
Got it - Canucks suck, Blues lose. This is already too easy!

I'm now officially prepared for the playoffs.

I can tell you from personal experience the Montreal Canadians are pretty fun to hate on.

edit: In support of that

N1UNzfR.png

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Guys, I'm in Brazil, I want to watch the Habs game tonight, but all I have is my iphone and none of my usual streams work. Help a fellow hockey fan, paying or free!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For the new page. 23 entries so far, keep em coming folks!

It locks at 7pm eastern before the start of the first games, so get your bracket in!

I may make a few changes before than! All set for a Caps/Blues final!

I threw mine in there. I have Lightning over Blackhawks in the finals.

Filth

ITS THE YEAR OF THE RANGERS. ALL YOU NAYSAYERS IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT ILL SEND KREIDER TO RUN YOUR GOALIE. GOD BLESS THE NY RANGERS.

Marvie_3

Banned
Blackhawks-GAF reporting for duty!

I'm ready to watch Kaner crush the Preds. Hawks are going to take the series 4-2.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Welcome friend.

please don't turn out like tabris or wsox

Detroit sucks. Fuck Detroit.

Also, Blues. Fuck the Blues.

Vancouver are dildos but not as dildoey as they used to be.

Preds are shitty because their goal song is shitty. Like Blues, Wings, Canucks, and Kings combined levels of shitty. Mute your tv if they score goals at home.

Pens too but they suck so they're not really worth wasting time on.........which is what the Rangers will be thinking in about a week.

Also, fuck Detroit.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome friend.

please don't turn out like tabris or wsox

Detroit sucks. Fuck Detroit.

Also, Blues. Fuck the Blues.

Vancouver are dildos but not as dildoey as they used to be.

Preds are shitty because their goal song is shitty. Like Blues, Wings, Canucks, and Kings combined levels of shitty. Mute your tv if they score goals at home.

Pens too but they suck so they're not really worth wasting time on.........which is what the Rangers will be thinking in about a week.

Also, fuck Detroit.

Lol

imBask

Banned
how can anyone hate the Red Wings, they literally represent modern hockey

no goons, good player development, full of euros

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

they need to taste the sweet sweet flavour of defeat after making the playoffs all these damn years in a row.

imBask

Banned
they need to taste the sweet sweet flavour of defeat after making the playoffs all these damn years in a row.

they keep making the playoffs because they keep developping good players! that's way more respectable than Glen Sather buying the most expensive player every summer just because he can

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'd argue that the fact we're "full of Euros" is why we haven't gotten out of the second round in 5 years.

Silexx

Sure not as many, but it's not what I'd call "hostile" environment like some other cities to play against. I'm just saying I don't think home ice will play a deciding factor as it does in other series'.

I'm picking Flames/Habs/Isles/Hawks for tonight.

What you and many others like you fail to realise is that the sale and distribution of tickets is vastly different for playoffs than during the regular season.

Disregarding this year policy of selling within the region (which people also fail to realise is more of a strategy to combat the scalping and gauging of tickets through 3rd party ticket resellers rather than trying to prevent Habs fans from invading the arena), playoff tickets tend to go on sale before the match-up is even known, essentially ensuring that the home team fans will scoop up the tickets before the any visiting fans can.

Second, season ticket holders who are usually giving away or selling their tickets during the regular season are now keeping their tickets for themselves since they actually want to attend playoff games.

Go back and look at the tape from 2013 and tell me that crowd isn't overwhelmingly a Sens crowd.

Cindro

Wow - so many different teams to choose from to channel random displeasure towards.

To make things easier on myself, I'll just hate every playoff team that isn't the Hawks equally until I see some buffoonery from different clubs firsthand and can then make a more informed decision of disdain.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If I sign up and pay the NHL center 26$ thingy, can I watch the Habs games on my iphone tonight, or is this only for the regular season?

Plinko

okay there Don Quick

I have nothng against Euro players. I just think the league is changing. The Wings got away with the "undersized, skilled Euro" player for years. Unfortunately for them, the league has changed and that type of style doesn't win championships any more.

Marvie_3

Banned

Because there is an obvious anti-Wings conspiracy in place from the NHL and the rest of us are obligated to go along with it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wow - so many different teams to choose from to channel random displeasure towards.

To make things easier on myself, I'll just hate every playoff team that isn't the Hawks equally until I see some buffoonery from different clubs firsthand and can then make a more informed decision of disdain.
Stop being a pussyass hockey fan. WE NEED IRRATIONAL HATRED UP IN THIS BITCH! ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!

Clydefrog

Guys, I'm in Brazil, I want to watch the Habs game tonight, but all I have is my iphone and none of my usual streams work. Help a fellow hockey fan, paying or free!

whoa, sweet! where in Brazil?

I would give you my cable provider's password for nbcsports.com but... it's also my password for a lot of other things, lol. Sorry.

imBask

Banned
Stop being a pussyass hockey fan. WE NEED IRRATIONAL HATRED UP IN THIS BITCH! ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!

I go to hfboards for irrationnal hatred! Everyone on the habs board hate EVERYTHING about the habs!

but you're right

SENS SUCK , OTTAWA IS THE MOST IRRELEVANT AND BORING TOWN IN THE WORLD.
YOU GUYS SUCK SO MUCH YOU HAVE TO LIMIT TICKET SALE TO YOUR OWN REGION SO WE DON'T INVADE YOUR PATHETIC ARENA HOLY SHIT

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
whoa, sweet! where in Brazil?

I would give you my cable provider's password for nbcsports.com but... it's also my password for a lot of other things, lol. Sorry.

Currently in Porto de Galhinas. Going back home this weekend.

no idea, but you should sign up for hockeystreams.com instead anyway

I filled the invite request but who knows when it will go through:(

Does it work on iphone?

ShaneB

I filled the invite request but who knows when it will go through:(

Does it work on iphone?

Should go through pretty quickly. Also note they have a playoff special going on for a few more days, 33 bucks for the Playoffs I believe. I also think there is a "preview" option, maybe check that to see if it's fine for your iphone needs since the app is only for android.

edit: Here's the mobile link preview.. http://m.hockeystreams.com/index.php?pg=preview

I locked my account, but realize maybe I'll need to unlock it, I need an option to watch games outdoors some nights!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The preview option works, now waiting for that invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom