• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Here's Don Cherry to tell us how good borowiecki is and how his grit is good for the Sens

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I'm getting a bit sick of Boro's penalties.

Habs fans in the arena have been pretty tame so far.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

This was *really* difficult to watch. You know that these guys are people and we're just cheering for laundry in the end, but the cost isn't always apparent. All of the props in the world to a guy hurting for his friend and other guys like him.

Concussions are messed up. I had a serious one suffered while bouncing back in the day and it was the absolute worst. I'm lucky and came through the other side with minimal effect, but while you're in it, it fucking sucks.

Sure you can. You use whatever you think looks good, whether that's something cheap from Ikea or an Eames Lounge chair?

Of course you can. You can use whatever you want in your apartment if you think it looks good or suits you. My apartment is filled with Ikea and Super A-Mart stuff. And I don't care because I don't pretend to be a pretentious connoisseur. I use prints, unique rugs and local-sourced art to tie things together, and it works.

But you have to have to call a spade a spade and realise that your apartment is still filled with Ikea.

Ikea is made from plywood, pleather and all manner of cheap materials.

It's also mass manufactured to all hell.

For $500 you can have a loungeroom that looks exactly like Mrs Jenkins' next door.

A connoisseur will have tables made from actual wood. Couches made with actual leather. And more often than not will look for unique and often imported and hard to get furniture and lounge pieces. Sculptures and expensive centre pieces that tie a room together with a mood or theme.

If you can't tell the difference between quality materials and unique pieces, and cheap mass-manufactured furniture, then you're anything BUT a connoisseur.

You're a pleb.

Own it.

Now that you've been educated, sit back and think about it and leave yesterday where it belonged.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I was ready to come into this thread today giddy about last night's win, complaining about how I had to take a nap during my lunch break because my body isn't used to getting less than four hours of sleep.

But that was heartbreaking :( I had no idea depression was such a big problem with NHL vets. I don't really follow sports outside of hockey (apart from my beloved White Sox), but is that a problem in other sports leagues as well? And, more pertinent - are there any articles written on depression within the NHL? I'd love to learn more about the subject.

Here's an article from 2011, after 3 former NHL players died (2 suicides and one OD). It speaks about depression, CTE and former NFL players.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/nhl-suicides-show-no-one-immune-to-mental-illness-1.706823

It might not be quite what you are looking for but it's a start.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
everytime someone mentions avatars I realize mine is still whiteface'd Subban and I'm still not banned

Mentok

Banned
Ok seriously, Ottawa needs to lose just so I don't have to hear anymore about Mark Stone's stupid fucking microfracture.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This game plan of standing still at the blue line to await breakout passes is working really well so far Therrien.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
5 minutes into the period. Spent almost the whole time in the Penguins zone. ZERO SHOTS.

And now maybe the PK can do something.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Johnson not having any of Romanuks bullshit and calling him out of Prices stats vs Ottawa :lol :lol

Weise on the first line. Jesus Christ, here we go.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Johnson not having any of Romanucks bullshit and calling him out of Prices stats vs Ottawa :lol :lol

Weise on the first line. Jesus Christ, here we go.

why would you not play Gretzky on the first line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom