• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Dammit guys, look at what you've done

27t4DZj.png

And in Spanish, too?

now it all makes sense

Tabris is on IKEA's payroll

Pikma

Banned
I'd fire whoever's responsible for the ad not nailing the target's language.
Or maybe we talk about burritos and tacos way too much

The Winnipeg couple sitting next to me at game 1 expressed how disappointed they were that Selanne didn't go back to Winnipeg for his final season. Like, what the fuck. Why would that even enter his mind, especially when the Ducks were on a Cup run.

Well, if there's anything that Winnipeg fans can be disappointed about, it's that Selanne didn't make this his final season. I think everyone would have liked to see Winnipeg facing the Ducks with Selanne still part of the team.

Well Calgary's top three point-getters are defencemen. That's one area the Canucks are sorely lacking in.

It's possible that Bonino and Vrbata are playing hurt; they looked slow out there. Horvat's line has been decent. Vey/Richardson, Dorsett, and Matthias have been possession black holes for awhile now.

We'll see what Baertschi on the second line and a not-100% Miller can do tonight.

Well Calgary's top three point-getters are defencemen. That's one area the Canucks are sorely lacking in.

It's possible that Bonino and Vrbata are playing hurt; they looked slow out there. Horvat's line has been decent. Vey/Richardson, Dorsett, and Matthias have been possession black holes for awhile now.

We'll see what Baertschi on the second line and a not-100% Miller can do tonight.

That's not even true. Top 3 have the most points. The only one who comes close is Wideman, followed by Giordano, who only played 60 games.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's not even true. Top 3 have the most points. The only one who comes close is Wideman, followed by Giordano, who only played 60 games.

he's talking about the playoffs

there it's Russel, Wideman and Brodie (tbf, Wideman and Brodie are tied with Gaudreau and Bennet)

The Ducks had 13 players record at least a point in the series against Winnipeg. Great numbers for four games, and really speaks to our depth.

Y'all are deeper than Sara Jay's vagina.

Hate us cause they ain't us? Ikea isn't exactly an exclusive brand, breh. Any 18 year old college freshman across the continent can tell you that.

My room is pretty much all ikea. It's nice but nothing to brag about.

EDIT: If the Canfucks win out and Kesler goes HAM on them in the next round I will buy a Kesler jersey. I promise this to you Ducks-Gaf.

My friends hate that I am going for the Ducks to win this year.

Wazzy

Banned
I'm feeling positive about tonights game. I'll be at work again so I'm cranking the speakers and wearing my jersey. :D

Y'all are deeper than Sara Jay's vagina.

My room is pretty much all ikea. It's nice but nothing to brag about.

EDIT: If the Canfucks win out and Kesler goes HAM on them in the next round I will buy a Kesler jersey. I promise this to you Ducks-Gaf.

My friends hate that I am going for the Ducks to win this year.

We're your friends now.

Carne asada fries, California burritos and IPAs for all!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have an actual practice today at 1, which means Kevin Klein is going to get the full practice he needed to know if he can be cleared to play...

Yeah, so nevermind. Klein skated a bunch before practice but did not take part in the team practice. Yandle also missed practice AGAIN, as did Zuccarello. Both are considered maintenance days and will play in Game 5 tomorrow.

AV says Kevin Klein is 50-50 to play in Game 5.

MutFox

Banned
I dunno who's worse, Tabris or YodaSoda...

Fear The Fin ‏@fearthefin 4m
Since 2012, the Canucks have won two playoff games. The Toronto Maple Leafs have won three.

Hmmm.

Yeah, heard that stat.
Our core hasn't really gone into playoff mode except in game 2 this year so far.
Hoping for a good home game tonight. (Thinking of getting some tix, to cheer em on)

I'm feeling positive about tonights game. I'll be at work again so I'm cranking the speakers and wearing my jersey. :D

Hope you get off before the 3rd period end atleast... :p

Wazzy

Banned
I dunno who's worse, Tabris or YodaSoda...

Yeah, heard that stat.
Our core hasn't really gone into playoff mode except in game 2 this year so far.
Hoping for a good home game tonight. (Thinking of getting some tix, to cheer em on)

Hope you get off before the 3rd period end atleast... :p

Doubtful :( at the very least customers will probably watch the game with me. Unless they're assholes. Which is actually what they probably will be...

MutFox

Banned
Doubtful :( at the very least customers will probably watch the game with me. Unless they're assholes. Which is actually what they probably will be...

Been there... :(
Once had a manager make me do menial tasks in the back room so couldn't watch the Canucks in the playoffs.
(Was working in a Computer/AV dept back then)
He was an a-hole.

iLLmAtlc

Anyway I'm not gonna give up hope until they lose tonight. I'd much rather be that sucker that the clown who gets locked out of the arena while the Miami Heat wins the championship.

Sedins are overdue to get some past Hiller!!

Tabris

I dunno what's worse for a fan. Never having even been in the Stanley Cup finals like Acid has had to experience his entire life... or not experienced to be accurate. Or to have lost twice in game 7s and lost another time vs a dynasty.

Either way, not even making it to a final should invalidate your ability to talk trash in the playoffs :p

EDIT: This page is really interesting - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_franchise_post-season_droughts . I think Canucks definitely have most painful history. Thankfully 2004 is only when it started to matter.

Wazzy

Banned
Been there... :(
Once had a manager make me do menial tasks in the back room so couldn't watch the Canucks in the playoffs.
(Was working in a Computer/AV dept back then)
He was an a-hole.

Okay that's uber douchy. My managers understand that our store will be dead and people are only interested in seeing the game.

I dunno what's worse for a fan. Never having even been in the Stanley Cup finals like Acid has had to experience his entire life... or not experienced to be accurate. Or to have lost twice in game 7s and lost another time vs a dynasty.

Either way, not even making it to a final should invalidate your ability to talk trash in the playoffs :p

I doesn't matter if you made it to the final if you've never won. That doesn't make your franchise any better than the Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom