• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I dunno what's worse for a fan. Never having even been in the Stanley Cup finals like Acid has had to experience his entire life... or not experienced to be accurate. Or to have lost twice in game 7s and lost another time vs a dynasty.

Either way, not even making it to a final should invalidate your ability to talk trash in the playoffs :p

EDIT: This page is really interesting - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_franchise_post-season_droughts . I think Canucks definitely have most painful history. Thankfully 2004 is only when it started to matter.

wow yeah you've failed longer than we have you really got me bro

It does. We are a better franchise.

Did you not watch the end of Ricky Bobby. He learns that if you're not 1st, you're last was the wrong way of thinking. You missed the life lesson at the end.

EDIT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20iio0wLpPA, here you go.

Real quick

t8qNldu.png

Fefqklg.png

One of those is from the Sharks wiki and the other is from the Canucks page. Who is who?

MutFox

Banned
Vancouver has a Stanley Cup... From 1915.
The Canucks bought the licensing right for the Millionaires;
Therefore 1 Stanley Cup is sort of in the Canucks franchise...

:|

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Canucks put 1940 to bed for us, so they've got that going for them.

All the Sharks have done for us lately is give us a concussion machine that the Devils got conned into signing, an AARP member defenseman, and Tanner Glass' understudy.

ZeroGravity

Basically a must-win game for the Lightning tonight. This team does not have the mental toughness yet to come back from a 3-1 deficit, same as their inability to come back from even a one goal deficit in an actual game.

Garrison says he's a game-time decision. We'll see. #FreeDrouin.

Clydefrog

The @VanCanucks have come back 3 times from series down 3-1, most in the NHL

Hmmm.

Fear The Fin ‏@fearthefin 4m
Since 2012, the Canucks have won two playoff games. The Toronto Maple Leafs have won three.

Hmmm.

Shut up.

Since 2015, the Canucks have won one playoff game. The San Jose Sharks have won zero.

Hmmm.

Real quick

t8qNldu.png

Fefqklg.png

One of those is from the Sharks wiki and the other is from the Canucks page. Who is who?

I fucking love NHL-Gaf.

Hmmmm.

I'm feeling positive about tonights game. I'll be at work again so I'm cranking the speakers and wearing my jersey. :D

Still at Staples? You guys sell speakers?

Vancouver better win tonight. I don’t want Tabris in my off-season thread yet.

We're your friends now.

Carne asada fries, California burritos and IPAs for all!

I’m getting fat over here, man. But I know now what I’m having for dinner!

The Canucks put 1940 to bed for us, so they've got that going for them.

All the Sharks have done for us lately is give us a concussion machine that the Devils got conned into signing, an AARP member defenseman, and Tanner Glass' understudy.

No thanks for Torts and Messier.

Giggzy

I should quit smoking weed.

So I accidentally inhaled a decent amount of hydrofluoric acid gas a little while ago. My eyes felt like they were melting, and my throat felt like it was closing. Normal procedure is to report this to our safety engineer immediately so you can get sent to the clinic to make sure you're alright. One thing they'll do for work related injuries is drug test you to make sure you aren't high/drunk while working. Well, due to my "medical" use of marijuana, I couldn't do that or I'd lose my job. Luckily there weren't any other engineers around when I did this, so I just stood there for ten minutes in pain as I contemplated what to do. Thankfully the irritation started to dissipate and now I'm fine.

TLDR: I'm not quitting smoking weed.

I'm not taking any team lightly. Vancouver can play well against us. Calgary might be mad they haven't won a game in Anaheim this decade and might try to fix that.

Oh yes, and Hiller.

Would it be weird if he lets in a couple soft goals then Ramo takes over?

Quick

Banned

So I accidentally inhaled a decent amount of hydrofluoric acid gas a little while ago. My eyes felt like they were melting, and my throat felt like it was closing. Normal procedure is to report this to our safety engineer immediately so you can get sent to the clinic to make sure you're alright. One thing they'll do for work related injuries is drug test you to make sure you aren't high/drunk while working. Well, due to my "medical" use of marijuana, I couldn't do that or I'd lose my job. Luckily there weren't any other engineers around when I did this, so I just stood there for ten minutes in pain as I contemplated what to do. Thankfully the irritation started to dissipate and now I'm fine.

You're actually dead.

GAF is purgatory.

Razorskin

----- ------

Holy fuck, while I don't like that you didn't seek help, I understand why you didn't. Just glad you're ok for now.

Your lungs will remember this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom