• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got back from the trip.

Habs are scaring me. Poor Carey, he got lit up last night. Anderson took a pelting, I'm kinda hoping he's too tired from it.

On Tuesday, I took the opportunity to see the Red Wings game at the Joe. My goodness, playoff hockey live is amazing. Detroit steamrolled TB so the crowd was nuts the entire game, the octopi were flying, the intensity on ice high. I hope to see Toronto like this at some point. To see the fans energised like that...

My sister is grumpy as hell. Thank you Rangers!

zroid

Banned
On Tuesday, I took the opportunity to see the Red Wings game at the Joe. My goodness, playoff hockey live is amazing. Detroit steamrolled TB so the crowd was nuts the entire game, the octopi were flying, the intensity on ice high. I hope to see Toronto like this at some point. To see the fans energised like that...

I think the Thursday game might've been better as a neutral hehe

you'd get all of that for like 50 minutes, and then HORROR

pg10.png

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Look at the Anderson/Prust incident again and both were idiots with Anderson delivering the first hack.

Wasn't so much a hack as it was a tap, followed by Prust spearing/poking him(would really like to see the play from another angle) in the midsection:

http://giant.gfycat.com/DismalPiercingIndianglassfish.gif

But I feel this is one thing Sens and Habs fans won't see eye to eye on.

Edit: Gif is kinda big so removing it for now to trim it down

Alucard

Banned
Well, the Pens bowed out with relative grace all things considered. Given that Fleury now seems to be a solid and reliable goalie, I can see the Pens nabbing another cup or two in the next 3 years or so. At least I hope so. Odd to think that scoring goals is now a problem.

Well, the Pens bowed out with relative grace all things considered. Given that Fleury now seems to be a solid and reliable goalie, I can see the Pens nabbing another cup or two in the next 3 years or so. At least I hope so. Odd to think that scoring goals is now a problem.

Agreed, still showed up and played to their level, was a tighter series of games than I think most were expecting. No real blowouts or one-sided matches.

Cindro

Hawks have only lost one game 6 in the Toews/Kane era. Hopefully the don't screw that up today.
Oh ye of little faith. There's no way they're losing at home tonight. No way, I tell you!

Plus I'll be cheering them on while watching on a proper TV this time, instead of via my laptop's cable stream. The transitive property of sports fandom dictates that they win.

Fell asleep early last night and slept for like 10+ hours so I missed all 3 games.

lolpens
lolhabs
lolblues

Hawks have only lost one game 6 in the Toews/Kane era. Hopefully the don't screw that up today.

I remember back when the Cubs hadn't lost back to back games with Wood and Prior pitching all season......

I can't watch the game tonight but I don't want to see a game 7.

Will only properly catch the last period of tonight's game, pretty disappointed about it. Let me know if the Canucks just slide around for the whole game.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
So I had to work late yesterday and missed Habs game. I'm assuming it was just the typical type game when Habs are in a scoring drought and the defense deserted Price (Or blocked his view more than the Sens).

Outside of that, how was the rest of it?

Were they skating slow? Giving the puck away a lot? Taking too many penalties? etc

Just curious.

I am used to them not scoring much so does not bug me in the slightest as they usually find ways to win regardless.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Will only properly catch the last period of tonight's game, pretty disappointed about it. Let me know if the Canucks just slide around for the whole game.

You do realize that a game with metal blades on an ice surface involves sliding, right.

I mean I know you're a Flames fan and don't watch good hockey often, but even you should know that

trifelife

Can confirm the Canucks will be wearing skates for tonight's hockey game, so there's a 100% chance they will be sliding!

edit: What Smelly said!

So I had to work late yesterday and missed Habs game. I'm assuming it was just the typical type game when Habs are in a scoring drought and the defense deserted Price (Or blocked his view more than the Sens).

Outside of that, how was the rest of it?

Were they skating slow? Giving the puck away a lot? Taking too many penalties? etc

Just curious.

I am used to them not scoring much so does not bug me in the slightest as they usually find ways to win regardless.

We were fine(skating fast) For like the first ten minutes then it went downhill when Sens Scored First.

zroid

Banned
Crosby and Malkin are going to be heavily criticized for not scoring enough in this series. What people don't realize is defencemen who can effectively hold the blue line and move the puck are instrumental for creating offence.

Pundits think the star forwards should be able to "turn it on" at any time and make game-breaking plays to score goals. When you have many offensive opportunities, those plays are catalyzed. Without good D-men, the forwards' ability to make plays is limited.

GSG Flash

Crosby and Malkin are going to be heavily criticized for not scoring enough in this series. What people don't realize is defencemen who can effectively hold the blue line and move the puck are instrumental for creating offence.

Pundits think the star forwards should be able to "turn it on" at any time and make game-breaking plays to score goals. When you have many offensive opportunities, those plays are catalyzed. Without good D-men, the forwards' ability to make plays is limited.

The Pens had someone who fit that bill in Simon Despres, and we all know what happened at the trade deadline...

GSG Flash

that trade was questionable to say the least

Apparently Lovejoy was on the ice for all but one of the Rangers goals :O

Edit: It was a made up rumour, but he was actually on for 8 of 11 Rangers goals

that trade was questionable to say the least

We've been fine with the trade.

The strange thing is from what I read, once Wizniewski became available, Bob didn't want to pull the trigger because of cap reasons but then Rutherford called him up and offered Despres and wanted Lovejoy and GM of the Year jumped all over that.

Had he not offered something like that, we'd probably still have Lovejoy and probably no Wizniewski.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have Caps in 7, so...go Islanders, I guess? But I love the idea of shutting down Nassau Coliseum on a crushing loss. Ack, what to do!

Eh, fuck it. BEAT THE HELL OUT OF EACH OTHER, BOYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom