• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
11078328_713240432155470_341764455_n.jpg

Round 2 #youknowwhywehere 👌👀 @smithpelly #GHG

AGally and DSP with dat bromance, now DSP just needs to actually get in shape and put some effort into becoming a good power winger for AGally.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This is the play right before the goal that should have been whistled down for a high stick, not sure why it wasn't because it doesn't look like Chiasson touched the puck at all

FaintKlutzyHusky.gif

ZeroGravity

This is the play right before the goal that should have been whistled down for a high stick, not sure why it wasn't because it doesn't look like Chiasson touched the puck at all
Yeah, seems pretty obvious. And that's one of the calls they almost never miss, and in fact often seem to blow down any puck that looks even close to being hit with a high stick.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

FaintKlutzyHusky.gif

Something similar happened to the Habs against the Bruins in game 7 a few years ago.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yeah, seems pretty obvious. And that's one of the calls they almost never miss, and in fact often seem to blow down any puck that looks even close to being hit with a high stick.

I'm actually more annoyed about that non-whistle than the early whistle on the disallowed goal because, like you said, they blow down a high stick almost every single time.

What happened with the Pageau disallowed goal unfortunately happens every once in a while(and in this case it unfortunately helped decide the series).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

FaintKlutzyHusky.gif

The goal itself looks like it may have been a high stick, too.

gallagherspin80sco.gif

It's hard to tell what exactly is going on from this side. It's either hitting him in the helmet, or it's hitting his stick between his hands. You can see here it's not going off of either glove, at least.

gallagherhighstickvos85.png

Would love to know where the hell the reverse angle replay is on this one.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The goal itself looks like it may have been a high stick, too.

Would love to know where the hell the reverse angle replay is on this one.
CBC showed a replay from the side and it seemed pretty obvious from first glance it wasn't a high stick. Gallagher has the same benefit Gionta had in that high sticks are rarely an issue for him.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
CBC showed a replay from the side and it seemed pretty obvious from first glance it wasn't a high stick. Gallagher has the same benefit Gionta had in that high sticks are rarely an issue for him.

Did they? Every replay I've looked at only has the regular TV side and/or goal cam, neither of which are really clear.

Solo

And that is why Carey Price is your 2015 Vezina/Hart winner, folks. What a fucking stud pitching a shutout in a series-clinching game.

Bring on Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom