• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
RIP Caps

CDmmWZBWAAIY7vU.png

The Caps are also historically terrible at home in Game 7's.

True story: the Rangers lost the regular season series to every single remaining Eastern Conference team...except the Capitals.

On the flip side, we were 2-0 against every remaining Western team, except for the Blackhawks, who we went 1-1 against.

Solo

I want to play the Rags because I feel like a Cup run is all about facing and beating teams that previously beat you. Like how Montreal scaled the Boston mountain last year and got revenge on Ottawa last night. The Rangers are the class of the East, and the road to the Cup in the East goes through NYC.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
After a nice weekend off, the Rangers are back to work with an "optional" practice.

Pretty much the entire healthy team is on the ice. So is Kevin Klein. Marc Staal, Keith Yandle, and Mats Zuccarello are not.

Solo

Not to mention that a Rags/Habs rematch would possibly be the most entertaining series of the playoffs after last year's tilt.

zroid

Banned
Why can't I have both?! :^(

I dunno if anything will beat Preds/Hawks this year, that series had everything.

Isles/Rags maybe!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
^
Yup, Zuccarello out indefinitely with a suspected concussion.

Kevin Klein says he would have played in Game 6. He expects to play in Game 1.

So we lose one and get one back.

zroid

Banned
oh my god lol ONeill is killing me

going on about how Vrbata is a useless player and Ferland and Clutteruck are the guys you need in the playoffs.

my brain cellssssssss

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For those of you pulling for the Islanders:
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay 12m 12 minutes ago

Lundqvist: If it's Rangers-Isles, "it'll be a war."

With Zucc out, the Rangers will be calling up a spare forward from the Wolf Pack after their game tomorrow night.

No lines set yet according to AV, but he gave indications that it will likely be:

Nash-Brassard-St.Louis
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Klein
Yandle-Boyle

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

going on about how Vrbata is a useless player and Ferland and Clutteruck are the guys you need in the playoffs.

my brain cellssssssss

uuh

... uuuuuuuuuh....

Vrbata was stuck with a comatose second line. Still the best off-season aquisition of last season.

trifelife

my brain cellssssssss

He's probably salty RE: Vancouver because people complained when he was a dick on-air and now he no longer does guest radio spots on our TSN radio affiliate.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So you guys know how Burrows played with a broken rib? Guess who broke it?

... a LINESMAN.

Why am I not surprised that the Refs ultimately hurt Burrows :lol

LifeLike

What would be better for the Habs?
VS Tampa Bay or VS Detroit?

Either way it's not gonna be easy. I've been watching a lot of series and MTL vs OTT was the most boring.

Pikma

Banned

Either way it's not gonna be easy. I've been watching a lot of series and MTL vs OTT was the most boring.
Nope, it was not the most boring, you say that because it was the closest one.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Detroit would be the better matchup for them, but there's the Babcock factor.

Lightning just keep on bitching about the officiating and that the Wings need to be the veteran team that they are?

1. Bolts are 2/24 on the power play while the Wings are averaging two penalties per period.

2. Most the players on the Wings were not around when they last won the cup in 2008.

Spare me, own up to not showing up but Johnson.

Solo

Detroit is the better match-up, but no series is east going forward. Hoping for Detroit though, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom