• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindro

Will the schedule for round two be announced after the Islanders v. Capitals game tonight? Is that the last series that has to wrap still for round one?

ZeroGravity

I probably won't be around for the game tonight, but I'll say now that if there's one thing I know about this Lightning team, it's that they always disappoint me when I have confidence in them, and they always surprise me when I want to write them off.

Don't really have much faith going into tonight. And Cooper still won't put Drouin in the lineup so really who cares anymore.

I probably won't be around for the game tonight, but I'll say now that if there's one thing I know about this Lightning team, it's that they always disappoint me when I have confidence in them, and they always surprise me when I want to write them off.

Don't really have much faith going into tonight. And Cooper still won't put Drouin in the lineup so really who cares anymore.

Lightning win confirmed.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Will the schedule for round two be announced after the Islanders v. Capitals game tonight? Is that the last series that has to wrap still for round one?

Lightning/Red Wings is the important one. If Detroit wins tonight, the first round is over. If Tampa wins, their Game 7 is on Wednesday.

The word on the street is that Game 1 of Rangers vs. Somebody is going to be on Thursday. The Rangers have scheduled afternoon practices for both tomorrow and Wednesday.

this offseason is going to be filled with articles about how we should trade Malkin...

everyone of them saying about how we can "get pieces to play around crosby" but no one actually giving ideas of who those pieces could possibly be. This is because they dont fucking exist

These articles also mention Crosby and Malkin's cap hit as being extraordinaire, but for some reason forget that Kane and Toews hit are worse and the hawks are just fine

Calamari41

41 > 38
I also want to see this Rangers/Isles war.

Hope it's like the ending of Man of Steel. Everything gets destroyed.

I didn't care before, but now I too want to see this war.

More than anything, though, I just want to watch the Ducks play hockey again. A shame that the Flames are about to sweep us... But at least we're lucky enough to get these four extra games.

Cindro

Lightning/Red Wings is the important one. If Detroit wins tonight, the first round is over. If Tampa wins, their Game 7 is on Wednesday.

The word on the street is that Game 1 of Rangers vs. Somebody is going to be on Thursday. The Rangers have scheduled afternoon practices for both tomorrow and Wednesday.
Oh, right - I should have remembered the Lightning/Wings series was still ongoing. I saw a car driving around (Central Illinois) today with a Red Wings flag, even (why is their logo a flying car wheel).

Seems like I can gear up for at least *one* Hawks game this weekend. I'm pretty iffy on them facing the Wild, though - if they play as sloppy as they did in series one they're going to get crushed. In fact, looking back, the Predators outplayed the Hawks in the majority of periods during the first round - pretty insane that the Hawks still took it (without even going to a game 7, no less)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I picked Isles in 6 but Isles in 7 will do!

GO ISLES

My bracket is still SOMEWHAT okay if they win.

Wild-Chicago check
Anaheim check

Tampa in 7 is still possible.......... go Tampa
Rags check
Isles still possible

Canucks and Sens have let me down

Cindro

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I went to the local sports bar for game 6. It was an absolutely great atmosphere - especially during the third period. The whole place was going so nuts when Keith scored that final goal that one of the employees started filming us - then the owner was giving people free shots in celebration of the Hawks win. Good times.

I also ended up chatting with this 54 year-old dude named George who was wearing a signed Keith jersey. He was missing most of his teeth, said he'd been playing hockey since childhood, and claimed that the Hawks were still a great team to follow during the Bill Wirtz era (that seems doubtful, from what I've read). Even though I missed a lot of the on-screen action because he wouldn't stop babbling about the glory days of his junior hockey league, he ended up buying me a drink for listening (because "George treats people how George wants to be treated - and George wants to buy you a drink").

All in all it was way, way better than watching it alone in my apartment. I was so jazzed off the win/drinks when I got home that I may have dropped $80 on another Hawks shirt:

thumb.aspx

This one is made of the same mesh material as the jerseys. It's pretty similar to the other shirt I bought a couple weeks ago:

... but I love the red and black color scheme so much I don't care. Now I just need an actual jersey, and I should be set on Hawks apparel for several years. But who to go with? Toews and Kane are too common - oh, I know!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
That's what most Lightning fans thought before the playoffs. Be careful what you wish for.

Detroit doesn't have the speed Tampa has, and if they want to sit back and play carefully against Montreal it doesn't matter because the Habs can't score anyway.

Tampa just has way more pieces I'd be worried about, and Bishop is always great against Montreal. It won't be an easy series either way, but I prefer Detroit.

ZeroGravity

Detroit doesn't have the speed Tampa has, and if they want to sit back and play carefully against Montreal it doesn't matter because the Habs can't score anyway.

Tampa just has way more pieces I'd be worried about, and Bishop is always great against Montreal. It won't be an easy series either way, but I prefer Detroit.
The problem is that even if Tampa gets by Detroit, the book is out on how to beat them.

Maybe old but just heard on the news that Versteeg is wearing the white jersey in practice.

Marvie crying tears of joy while throwing a kegger for himself.

Goddamit, beaten by the man himself(didn't see it, ahahaha)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Game 8, obviously. What's there not to understand?

It'll close for game 9 though and all Rags-Isles game will be played at the Garden.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Unlike last game, I don't think whoever scores first here is going to get the automatic win. With that said, c'mon Wings, get that next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom