• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
T4p0nux.gif

Socreges

Banned
Damn.. you still can't give the Flames credit, been shitting on them all season.
This is a perfect example of the whining I was talking about. You, Terror and yoda are ridiculous. Meanwhile, in reality:

Socreges said:
Flames would be a great matchup. The best possible. But the Canucks have struggled mightily against them, so it's not too comforting.

Flames over CANUCKS in 6

Thanks bro I missed you too

Happy for the Flames and happy they made me so very wrong. Who knew

Flames looking good tonight

Sbisa sucks

Also. I didn't pick the Flames or the Canucks to make the playoffs. I thought both teams would eventually slip out of contention. They both surprised me. And I said as much at the end of this season. I was never at all confident that the Canucks would get past them.... though I didn't expect to be out in 5 either.

yoda, as much as he seems like a miserable person who is wrong and stupid virtually all the time, is totally right about these teams heading in different directions. The Canucks core had lots of success for years while the Flames wallowed in squalor.... but they're old and slow now.

calder

I thought Age of Ultron was really good. As good as the first, just a hair behind my favourite Marvel movies like Cap 2.

zedge

I have to imagine our theaters are better than theirs, so they're still in for a treat!

Nah we got that ultra avx, dbox, imax shit up in here.

This is a perfect example of the whining I was talking about. You, Terror and yoda are ridiculous. Meanwhile, in reality:

I meant to save your quotes about the flames not being able to maintain there winning etc all season. Couldn't be assed in the end.

Just got home from ultron, it's kind of a filler movie as far as the franchise is concerned, it does a lot to develop the relationship of the avengers while having some pretty great moments and good action scenes.

Foggy

Thought the first Avengers was boring, I'll wait a few weeks to see the new one.

Yeah, I'll see it eventually, but I'm gonna wait for the crowd to die down a bit. I enjoy a lot of Whedon's character work, but that's about all he brings to the table. The action was just so...bland in the first one. Can't say I'm thrilled to see another Avengers movie with a central bad guy and a horde of minions again.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will probably mitigate that, but still. These villains could easily get wrecked by this team any day of the week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure the only Marvel movies I've seen at this point are...the first Thor movie and the first Iron Man movie.

Curufinwe

What are the Lines for the World Championships for Canada?

HFB says:

29 Nathan MacKinnon-87 Sidney Crosby-90 Jason Spezza
63 Tyler Ennis-28 Claude Giroux-91 Tyler Seguin
4 Taylor Hall-9 Matt Duchene-14 Jordan Eberle
79 Ryan O'Reilly-7 Sean Couturier-73 Tyler Toffoli
20 Cody Eakin

2 Dan Hamhuis-88 Brent Burns
46 Patrick Wiercioch-58 David Savard
6 Jake Muzzin-22 Tyson Barrie
5 Aaron Ekblad

41 Mike Smith
31 Martin Jones

Scratched
10 Brayden Schenn

HFB says:

29 Nathan MacKinnon-87 Sidney Crosby-90 Jason Spezza
63 Tyler Ennis-28 Claude Giroux-91 Tyler Seguin
4 Taylor Hall-9 Matt Duchene-14 Jordan Eberle
79 Ryan O'Reilly-7 Sean Couturier-73 Tyler Toffoli
20 Cody Eakin

2 Dan Hamhuis-88 Brent Burns
46 Patrick Wiercioch-58 David Savard
6 Jake Muzzin-22 Tyson Barrie
5 Aaron Ekblad

41 Mike Smith
31 Martin Jones

Scratched
10 Brayden Schenn

Hnnnnng Nathan and Sid on the Same line. And MacKinnon just scored. Decent.

Sometimes I flip through a 15 page GAF thread and go "wow, as human beings and from a societal standpoint, we're so fucked"

Also, why are Canuck fans giving Flames fans shit in this thread? I thought this was the playoff thread?

Giggzy

Hey calamari,

Know of any good places in Tustin/Irvine that sell good breakfast burritos? I can't find one anywhere here

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey calamari,

Know of any good places in Tustin/Irvine that sell good breakfast burritos? I can't find one anywhere here

I don't offhand since that's not normally my territory, but I have some friends from Lake Forest so let me see if I can get some scouting info for you.

zedge

Sometimes I flip through a 15 page GAF thread and go "wow, as human beings and from a societal standpoint, we're so fucked"

Also, why are Canuck fans giving Flames fans shit in this thread? I thought this was the playoff thread?

They are still so salty. I'm concerned about their health.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 20m 20 minutes ago

AV: "Standards...set to what's allowed as far as hitting from behind - Ovechkin on Hickey, last night on Boyle. Play up to those standards."

Paging Mr. Glass...

Cindro

It's the weekend! It's a new Hawks series! My jersey shirt came in the mail yesterday!

Excellent stuff all around. Hope NHL-GAF is having a good Friday.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I actually did that too but for me it was as good as always. I've always loved collectathons

DK64 aged horribly though

Yeah, I recently played through Kazooie and Tooie, and found both to be just as good as I remembered.

I got DK64 on the virtual console... And wow, I couldn't force myself to get too far at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom