• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty the hate in this day in age is more on the flames end. In fact I'm pretty sure during game 4, flames fans were booing Luongo.

Before the first round series, I thought Canadians all got along except with the folks from Quebec. You know, enjoying hockey while drinking bagged milk while listening to Rush and Barenaked Ladies or something.

I went to look around CalgaryPuck and they sure don't like the Canucks.

Quick

Banned
The hate between Calgary and Vancouver runs deep.

Btw, I impulsively purchased The Mighty Ducks on iTunes. Still enjoyable.

I was just browsing Amazon and really almost bought this.

Christmas-Costumes-Charlie-Conway-96-Discount-Mighty-Ducks-Movie-Hockey-Jerseys-Stitch-Sewn-green-thrownback-hockey.jpg

zedge

In all honesty the hate in this day and age is more on the flames end. In fact I'm pretty sure during game 4, flames fans were booing Luongo.

99% of the vitriol and hate is from the Canucks fans directed at Calgary. Not really surprising at the reaction, it gets tiring.

#norespekt

Anyway, GG Ducks! Glad I was there. Still a bit pissed at that goal though. Throat is killing, time for bed.

Socreges

Banned
You promised we'd never go to bed angry. :(

Seriously, zero "hater" posts from Canucks fans tonight! Yet you still whine! One burn from RC actually... though to be fair he totally ripped off Smack.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Those are awesome! Is that Mirror Lake at the bottom there? I'm surprised it has so much water in it. It had way less when I went a couple of months ago.

The Falls were roaring, though.

Oh, also, I hiked to the top of Vernal Falls as well. I was pretty much ready to kill myself by the time I got back to The Ahwahnee.

Lookit you fine folks enjoyin' that there good-ass nature! That's some good-ass nature!

I miss waterfalls and rainforest tbh. They were easy to get to when I lived in Queensland, but down in Victoria you gotta drive ages to get close to any.

THASSSS MA BOY!

Flames burning the Ducks.

Ducks taking notes for next game.

DuckWriting.gif

Calamari41

41 > 38
I was there for The Burning of Wild Wing, but what was even better was his triumphant return a couple of games later. He rolled onto the ice to "O Fortuna" in a wheelchair covered in bandages and casts, and then he ripped them all off and started body slamming a stuffed version of the opposing team's mascot, whatever it was. We'll say it was a big stuffed shark.

Giggzy

Those are awesome! Is that Mirror Lake at the bottom there? I'm surprised it has so much water in it. It had way less when I went a couple of months ago.

The Falls were roaring, though.

Yeah, it's Mirror Lake. I was expecting it to be empty, so that was a nice surprise. The Rangers did say they expect the park to be dry by July though.

GG drought.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Some meaningless facts for today:

The Rangers have won Game 4 in each of their last three playoff series and in five of their last seven.
They have also won both of the last two series in which they trailed two games to one (vs. Pittsburgh in 2014 and Washington in 2013).

ShaneB

Giggzy, those pics are incredible. I really need to do some travelling and see Yosemite some day, or Banff national park, etc etc.

Went to bed last night before the third period was over, glad to see the Flames get a win and make it a series.

zroid

Banned
ugh, both games on at the same time

screw you Bettman

how have we reached a point where the WCSFs and the ECSFs are each being played on the same days rather than one WCSF and ECSF per day :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ugh, both games on at the same time

screw you Bettman

how have we reached a point where the WCSFs and the ECSFs are each being played on the same days rather than one WCSF and ECSF per day :(

At least it gets fixed tomorrow.

Because the Bolts and Habs will be playing yet again. :D

Socreges

Banned
Speaking of Yosemite, here's some pics from the recent trip:
I used to feel good about our trip to Tofino last weekend. Now I feel ashamed.

Only place comparable that I've been to was Crater Lake. It's harder to find beautiful places in the US, but sometimes they're just on another level.

Giggzy

I used to feel good about our trip to Tofino last weekend. Now I feel ashamed.

Only place comparable that I've been to was Crater Lake. It's harder to find beautiful places in the US, but sometimes they're just on another level.

Tofino looks like a beautiful place to relax though. I'd definitely like to visit some time. Have you been to the Olympic National Park in Washington? I'd like to make a trip there next year, it looks gorgeous (but most of the PNW is..).

Socreges

Banned
Tofino looks like a beautiful place to relax though. I'd definitely like to visit some time. Have you been to the Olympic National Park in Washington? I'd like to make a trip there next year, it looks gorgeous (but most of the PNW is..).
Drove through last summer, so not really. Definitely on the list, though. And yeah, the PNW is filled with amazing places. Just like California. Makes you wonder how people can stand living in boring, featureless places like Alberta. Cable TV, I guess.

zedge

Drove through last summer, so not really. Definitely on the list, though. And yeah, the PNW is filled with amazing places. Just like California. Makes you wonder how people can stand living in boring, featureless places like Alberta. Cable TV, I guess.
Uh what?

From the badlands to the Rockies. A lot of variety in this featureless place.

Ugh my throat hurts, head hurts. Should have stayed home.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hunwick, Bourque, Summers, Talbot skating this morning, so those are your extras.

That would mean the same lineup tonight for the Rangers.

Giggzy

The girlfriend and I were supposed to go last year but she was too afraid of being attacked by bears -.-

Place looks amazing! Great pics!!!

EDIT: Meant to quote Giggzy...

Hahaha. Bears are my GF's favorite animal so I have the exact opposite problem. She'll try to hug one if she has the chance... However, I personally have never seen a bear in Yosemite, and most people I've talked to haven't either. I don't think there are too many left in that particular area.

If you do see one though, I hear they're super friendly because they're use to the constant human interaction. They're also pretty small (like medium sized dog). Nothing to worry about! I assume it's an irrational fear though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom