• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hahaha. Bears are my GF's favorite animal so I have the exact opposite problem. She'll try to hug one if she has the chance... However, I personally have never seen a bear in Yosemite, and most people I've talked to haven't either. I don't think there are too many left in that particular area.

If you do see one though, I hear they're super friendly because they're use to the constant human interaction. They're also pretty small (like medium sized dog). Nothing to worry about! I assume it's an irrational fear though :p

A large bear tried to break into our cabin at the Ahwahnee one winter. It certainly wasn't the size of a medium dog!

What you get for acting like a bunch of upjumped brats and beating us. Do yourselves a favor and just stay down for the rest of the series, ok?

This is what we need to do:
kF1jyJv.jpg

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gf and me are planning a trip to san fran... And I just found out about priceline.com, what a weird concept. Bidding on hotel rooms?

Cactus

Banned
This game is essentially a must-win for the Habs. Luckily they'll be getting a huge boost with Desharnais back in the lineup.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
This game is essentially a must-win for the Habs. Luckily they'll be getting a huge boost with Desharnais back in the lineup.

Imagine the Ducks without Getzlaf, or Chicago without Toews, so glad our undisputed number one centre is back in the lineup.

Drove through last summer, so not really. Definitely on the list, though. And yeah, the PNW is filled with amazing places. Just like California. Makes you wonder how people can stand living in boring, featureless places like Alberta. Cable TV, I guess.

I know this is sarcastic but really they got banff, and glacier is like 4 hours south. Glacier is the best national park I've ever been to, it's beats the hell out of Yellowstone.

Foggy

Gf and me are planning a trip to san fran... And I just found out about priceline.com, what a weird concept. Bidding on hotel rooms?

I've had decent enough luck with it and have gotten some pretty sweet deals. I just saw that I can fly from Cincinnati to Montreal for $350. Hmmm, I've always wanted to go to Fantasia Fest...

Smiley90

I've had decent enough luck with it and have gotten some pretty sweet deals. I just saw that I can fly from Cincinnati to Montreal for $350. Hmmm, I've always wanted to go to Fantasia Fest...

So what should I start with? Just compare "regular" hotel prices, lower the price by 50 dollars and go for it? I'm so lost. I also have no idea about hotel prices in san fran but from the looks of it, it'll be around 150-225 a night for a reasonable stay

Smiley90

There are a lot of NHLers brothers on Sweden.

Smith sucks.

LOL MIKE SMITH FOLKS

Lmaoo Smith and Crosby are hot garbage.

Get Reim Time on the phone.

Or have a jet ready for Price after game 4.

How'd Duchene miss that

Quoting myself from the offseason-thread:

Team Canada prepping for their game against Sweden with Burgers & Beers, amazing professionality :lol

(Except baby Crosby who had water)

tumblr_nnwbg1jLpL1qjn3rao1_540.jpg

Foggy

So what should I start with? Just compare "regular" hotel prices, lower the price by 50 dollars and go for it? I'm so lost. I also have no idea about hotel prices in san fran but from the looks of it, it'll be around 150-225 a night for a reasonable stay

Yeah, you can select the region of the city(it'll give you a map and you select areas) and the star level and it'll bid on hotels that match that criteria. So get a general idea of what it already offers at discount and start at like 50% to 60% of that price. You can only try it once a day(actually if you decrease or increase a star level it'll let you do it again), so if you're patient you can just gradually raise the price by however increment you want. If you "win", then it'll automatically book you for those days you selected.

Sometimes it works great and sometimes the discounts are marginal. You might get to the point where it appears that you're not getting a great discount, at which point you can just pay whatever extra it is to get a hotel you know you like and is located where you like it. Stuff like this is best when you have time/patience and aren't too particular on the exact location of the hotel.

My girlfriend and I have had decent luck at getting 4 star hotels in downtown Chicago and Toronto at less than $100 a night.

Compare star ratings and amenities to hotels in the area to narrow down your options, and then lowball.

The fact you're locked in if your offer is accepted makes me hesitate doing it myself, but I've heard people get pretty good deals from it.

delta25

Banned
Makes you wonder how people can stand living in boring, featureless places like Alberta[/B]. Cable TV, I guess.

this is a really horrible misconception that stems from most of us British Columbians, the truth of the matter is Alberta has plenty to see and do, its actually quite a beautiful province.

zroid

Banned
Calgarians aren't real people. They're creatures born of salt.

they'd probably dissolve if you poured water on them

zedge

Great people, just a little confused on how to be a fan of a hockey team without looking like a hypocrite, specifically the people of Calgary.
It's not us making the constant hillbilly, redneck, etc, etc to adnauseam comments. "Every" game, it's older than Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom