• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
QuotL.jpg

zroid

Banned
I don't get why, when a coach doesn't appear to be working out, analysts always say he doesn't have the right personnel for his particular system to work.

They pretty much never even make a hint of a suggestion that maybe it's just that the coach's systems are shit to begin with.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Soc tries too hard imo.

I don't get why, when a coach doesn't appear to be working out, analysts always say he doesn't have the right personnel for his particular system to work.

They pretty much never even make a hint of a suggestion that maybe it's just that the coach's systems are shit to begin with.

If Therrien had a team full of Hall of Famers, he could probably make his system work, explain that zroid.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I don't see the issue with making that kind of statement. I mean, you give Nick Saban the Oregon Ducks squad, and that team struggles to win a game playing Alabama's system. And vice versa, Alabama's squad would die on the field trying to run the Oregon playbook.

Of course, the cream always rises to the top. A system can indeed be a piece of shit, but you do have to let the coach put the right players in place before you pronounce it a failure.

Carlyle won a cup with Scott Niedermayer, Chris Pronger on defense, Teemu Selanne on the fast top line and a young Getzlaf/Perry on the second line. And the best shutdown line at the time.

That's all you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom