• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
St.%20Louis.png

Damn.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's understandable as today is mother's day.

True, but I highly doubt he'd be saying this if his mom hadn't died in a way which made him famous.

I'm probably just being an ass, but this comes across to me like "Hey guys, remember when my mom died and you were all so sad for me and wanted me to win? Remember that?"

~Kinggi~

Banned
It is mothers day and his mom did die last year around the playoffs. Makes sense he would make a comment. So yeah, little bit of asshole.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's funny, it didn't occur to me that it was mother's day when I made my initial comment, even though I made it as I was running around the house preparing it for the mother's day brunch that I'm hosting in an hour.

Foggy

True, but I highly doubt he'd be saying this if his mom hadn't died in a way which made him famous.

I'm probably just being an ass, but this comes across to me like "Hey guys, remember when my mom died and you were all so sad for me and wanted me to win? Remember that?"

5y5qi0gwu2ln9h5241gz1.gif

Just take the L on this one.

Besides, Caps probably gonna take it tonight.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

zroid

Banned
How about they cut down on the clutching, grabbing and interference?

that would be great... I think it's more a playoff problem than a regular season one tho. refs seem allergic to interference calls in the playoffs

the MAIN reason scoring is trending down year over year is because goalie talent is improving at a much faster rate than shooting talent

Some would argue that because the goalie equipment is bigger and better the players should be able to use illegal curvatures on the stick to be faster and more accurate just to increase scoring

Pikma

Banned
the MAIN reason scoring is trending down year over year is because goalie talent is improving at a much faster rate than shooting talent
Goalie talent improving? Where can I find such a gold mine? My team needs some of that

In all seriousness, call me whatever you like but I'd prefer it to stay as it is, the less changes hockey suffers the better , I'd rather see it evolve naturally even if that means less horn sounds. I mean, it's not like hockey hasn't changed already, and I think that's enough.

Marvie_3

Banned
So Tampa isn't only restricting ticket sales to Habs fans, they're also restricting THE WEARING OF HABS JERSEYS AT THE GAME

fucking lol.

“Our season-ticket members don’t like coming to the building and sitting next to fans from other teams for the games,” he said. “We’re going to do the best that we can to reserve seats at Amalie Arena for Lightning fans.”

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Predophiles have been doing this for a long time to Hawks fans. Pathetic really.

How about they cut down on the clutching, grabbing and interference?
This.

Also, cut down the size of goalie pads. If their "talent" is evolving so rapidly, they should be able to adapt to smaller pads.

ZeroGravity

So Tampa isn't only restricting ticket sales to Habs fans, they're also restricting THE WEARING OF HABS JERSEYS AT THE GAME

fucking lol.

“Our season-ticket members don’t like coming to the building and sitting next to fans from other teams for the games,” he said. “We’re going to do the best that we can to reserve seats at Amalie Arena for Lightning fans.”

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
You left out the part where it's only for TWO luxury sections in the arena. The general Habs fan who wants to wear a jersey isn't going to be asked to remove it.

The article also does a good job burying that fact well down into the page. Also, this shit was announced weeks ago, before we even started playing Detroit. Must be a slow news day if Canadian news are dragging this up now.

Quick

Banned

zroid

Banned
Also, cut down the size of goalie pads. If their "talent" is evolving so rapidly, they should be able to adapt to smaller pads.

I was sort of on board with this in the past, but then I heard the argument that the butterfly style would be impeded by less padding. Like... it would be too strenuous for goalies. I don't think it would be fair to goalies to suddenly make the dominant style of goaltending unusable due to a new rule.

Marvie_3

Banned
I was sort of on board with this in the past, but then I heard the argument that the butterfly style would be impeded by less padding. Like... it would be too strenuous for goalies. I don't think it would be fair to goalies to suddenly make the dominant style of goaltending unusable due to a new rule.

So what? Goalies don't even have souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom