• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the fucking GAF psychological analysis of what a player was thinking during a one second clip slowed down x100.

Didn't hear y'all bitching when Perry interfered last game and literally threw a hit on our D without the puck.

Fucking dummies.

Cake Boss

Banned
a369.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Meh. I don't think it was dirty or intent to injure. But go on. :/
Like I said before, I don't think his intention was to go for the knee, but I do think he saw him and was just trying to go for "unintentional interference".

Edit: Pretty much what Meta said. I think it's a bit naive to imagine him not seeing him at all there.

I'd want to see a closer view of that. The linesman waved off icing immediately, so I'm wondering if it hit Johansson's stick.

Nobody from Washington seemed to be appealing for the icing, either.
They also called off the last three icing you had in the game and Washington didn't get pissed until the final one. I'm not seeing your point.

Socreges

Banned
Hmm, I could really see this going either way. If it was deliberately dirty, it's pretty well disguised, but I don't think it's a completely innocent play either. I'm pretty sure he knows he's there, and he's just trying to get a piece of him. I don't think he's going out of his way to injure him, though.

Like I said before, I don't think his intention was to go for the knee, but I do think he saw him and was just trying to go for "unintentional interference".
This.

"Usual haters", lol. Must be exhausting to be zedge

zedge

Only Stajan knows what he saw. We can speculate all we want. I just don't agree with the derpy comments.

Didn't hear y'all bitching when Perry interfered last game and literally threw a hit on our D without the puck.

Fucking dummies.

You were doing enough for everyone. Even today. You talk about it like the high school GF that dumped you 20 years ago.

Kariya didn't have the puck when Stevens levelled him. He got up and scored.

If MVPerry does the same, that's this seasons "off the floor, on the boards".

Gotta agree. Contact like this COULD occur all the time but these guys are aware of their surroundings so it doesn't. If players aren't paying attention, accidents happen, that's all this is.
Bull fucking shit. This isn't some accident, he saw Perry and knew exactly what he was doing, they didn't collide because he saw Perry at the last second. It was definitely wasn't an accident. And posts like this are why this shit will continue and no one will ever be held accountable. These aren't injuries because it's a physical game and shit happens, they're injuries that players know they're hits are sketchy at best. It's like players who do the dirty boarding hits and then act shocked when the player is injured. This isn't their first time playing hockey.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Now I'm just thinking about that derp Rangers fan who posted at the end of the season when the Rangers won the Presidents trophy saying everyone else were haters and Rangers were the best

zedge

oh wow all the Calgary fans agree with each other but almost no one else does huh weird
There are others here too basically saying what we are. Funny you only show up now to throw your two cents in. Only time you say anything about theFlames is shit talk. Go back to the off season thread wher you belong.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
They also called off the last three icing you had in the game and Washington didn't get pissed until the final one. I'm not seeing your point.

My point was that Johansson was right there and knows where the puck was shot in from and whether or not he touched it. He immediately turns and starts asking for the puck after it goes by. That means either everybody on the ice missed that it was icing, including the officials and Johansson and the entire Capitals bench that the play happened right in front of, OR the puck did hit Johansson's stick and it's the right call. I'm not going to tell you which is actually correct because I really don't know.

The officials also waved off a couple of icings earlier in the game, for both teams, that were a bit dubious, so at least they were pretty consistent about waving off just about anything that was remotely borderline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom