• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentok

Banned
If Subby gets a game they just need to throw DSPs jersey on him, nobody will know.

RonSimmonsDamn_zpsd115b61a.jpg

On that note, I'm off to bed

Quick

Banned
Anybody read Bob McKenzie's tweets about Dave Cameron?

If NHL so chooses, door appears open to fine OTT head coach Dave Cameron/Sens $25,000 for potentially violating so-called "48 hour rule."

When Brendan Shanahan headed up @NHLPlayerSafety, he instituted written protocol against teams lobbying league for supplementary discipline.

Ban not only extends 48 hours after a game and/or hearing, "prohibition extends to incl formal team statements to media."

Violations of the rule/protocol specify automatic fine of $25,000. No word from NHL if Cameron's post-game comments qualify as violation.

Didn't realize there's a rule specifically about this.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Frustrating to lose Game 1 like that, but honestly, with how the Nucks were playing for most of the 3rd, I had a sinking feeling something not good was going to happen sooner or later. Hiller also played an amazing game for the Flames.

Also seems like general fan consensus is since we lost Game 1, we're getting swept or destroyed in 5 games apparently. I know the PTSD is strong in the Canucks fanbase, but we're playing the Flames, not the Kings... this is as equal a series as we're gonna get in the playoffs.

Pikma

Banned
Oh btw, on my way back home from school I saw a duck walking in the middle of a very crowded road, between two lanes, poor little guy was stuck, he couldn't fly :(

Ursn

I'm 3 for 4 on the bracket thing on tonight's games but I don't really know anything, and poor duck! You should have helped it Pikma! :mad:

Solo

Crazily entertaning game 1. I wouldn't say that the Habs played spectacularly by any stretch, but they played well enough and had a few unsung heroes emerge (dat 4th line!?).

Game 2 will be a great one with Subban back in.

bill0527

Nucks fans still hurting???

Shit, try waking up as a Preds fan this morning.

At least your team let you go to bed at a decent time.

I had an accounting test last night I fucking nailed. Today I have a business law test I will probably fail.

Yet I have more anxiety toward the Wild game tonight.

#fucktheblues

BTails

Still a little hungover from a great time on the Red Mile last night, but GO FLAMES GO! My buddy (Canucks fan) and I got interviewed by the Calgary Herald, our picture/quotes were on their Facebook/Twitter/Website last night. I'm gonna have to see if we made the print copy when I get downtown for work (Work, ugh.)

Edit: also noticed I'm no longer a Junior Member! Celebrate NHL-GAF!!!

I had an accounting test last night I fucking nailed. Today I have a business law test I will probably fail.

Yet I have more anxiety toward the Wild game tonight.

#fucktheblues

I want the Wild to win, it'd be funny for Stastyn to jump ship then just get eliminated by the Wild in the first round again. You can lose after that though.

Wouldn't be surprised if true. Calgary is all alone in their support too http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/who-canadians-are-cheering-in-stanley-cup-playoffs/

Idk what the Sens and the Flames did to piss off the rest of Canada :(

In terms of Southern Ontario, I really don't know why we have bad blood with the Sens. It's more Leafs fans hating everyone, for some reason. Masking self regret, maybe.

Flames are cool with me ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Hiller has that awesome old school gear. Koho pads!

zroid

Banned
In terms of Southern Ontario, I really don't know why we have bad blood with the Sens. It's more Leafs fans hating everyone, for some reason. Masking self regret, maybe.

Flames are cool with me ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Hiller has that awesome old school gear. Koho pads!

honestly i feel like Leaf fans haven't earned the right to hold grudges against anyone (except Boston). if you're talking about shit from the 90s well... that's eons ago. nobody cares.

calder

if you're talking about shit from the 90s well... that's eons ago. nobody cares.

That's some weak tea zroid. I have hockey grudges going back 30 years, and I cherish every one. Shit, I still mildly hate the Red Wings and always root for them to lose mainly because they beat the old Jets in the '96 playoffs. I hate the Oilers because of the '80s dynasty and because their modern suckiness offends me as a hockey fan.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's just to cause distraction. Happens all the time.
You're aware that the officials will be watching the Sens a lot more closely now, and that if anything happens to a Habs players, shit will go down right? Cameron is an idiot and did us a huge favour with those comments.

calder

You're aware that the officials will be watching the Sens a lot more closely now, and that if anything happens to a Habs players, shit will go down right? Cameron is an idiot and did us a huge favour with those comments.

Yeah he crossed the line for sure. Not even a "he should be fined" sort of line (they just announced he won't be) but a common sense, tactical line. It's totally cool to lobby the league/officials/media for calls in the post game presser because that's basically why it exists for coaches, but as soon as he said they would slash someone if PK didn't get a suspension he negated any support he might have had. Just dumb.

Now I expect you to get out there and start hating a lot more teams a lot harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom