• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
CCuNtj1WAAEd_LP.jpg

...fucking Subban why the fuck did you did that.

calder

Fuck this shit.

The sad/funny thing is that even if doctors amputated his arm today morons would be saying he faked the injury. Easily the dumbest part of last night was seeing actual quasi-media figures acting like he pulled himself out of the game for a while in some attempt to get a suspension for PK. So stupid.

You're aware that the officials will be watching the Sens a lot more closely now, and that if anything happens to a Habs players, shit will go down right? Cameron is an idiot and did us a huge favour with those comments.

Like they aren't already watching given the history between the teams? Lol.

Nothing will happen to any of the Habs, even Hacksaw Jim Subban. Kind of like nothing happened after the Gryba hit.

I bet both teams will play far more disciplined hockey from now on. Habs got their advantage as I'd say it's likely Stone is a nonfactor in this series. Subban missed part of a game Montreal won anyway.

Can't believe you're complaining.

The sad/funny thing is that even if doctors amputated his arm today morons would be saying he faked the injury. Easily the dumbest part of last night was seeing actual quasi-media figures acting like he pulled himself out of the game for a while in some attempt to get a suspension for PK. So stupid.

The funniest was seeing Elliot Freidman trying to spew that shit. What a tool.

calder

The funniest was seeing Elliot Freidman trying to spew that shit. What a tool.

Heh I couldn't help but troll Friedge on twitter just now about exactly that. I really like the guy and his work but last night he was huffing glue or something and went cray.

@FriedgeHNIC
Stone went for an MRI this morning

--> @FriedgeHNIC you mean, he sold going for an MRI? Like head faked going to the hospital but was really just relaxing in the dressing room?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not complaining, just pointing out the facts. I don't think you understand the severity of a coach publicly placing bounties on other players. Therrien did it last playoffs and it was just as stupid.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
He was actually on the ice with a fractured wrist, what a beast

And fuck the Habs fans who were claiming that he was faking.

zroid

Banned
Fuck this shit.

Bring on Neil.

Fuck. :(

Such a stupid, stupid move by Subban. There's really no way to excuse something like that. Even some head shots and knee collisions, while more dangerous, can be considered injury by negligence rather than intent. But you don't take a baseball swing at someone's arm unless you're trying to hurt the guy. It's sad.

Not complaining, just pointing out the facts. I don't think you understand the severity of a coach publicly placing bounties on other players. Therrien did it last playoffs and it was just as stupid.

And nothing happened. You think we'll have a Steve Moore incident on the ice now? Cameron wasn't even fined.

Red_Man

Expecting the Sens to rally behind this and come out firing tomorrow. Therrien better have them ready.

And nothing happened. You think we'll have a Steve Moore incident on the ice now? Cameron wasn't even fined.
Let's wait and see how the rest of the games play out. How this gets reffed the rest of the way should be interesting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sens Target Subban the Entire Series.

Ah Crap....Subban you Goof
Subban will be targeted in every series. Just like Gallagher was last night.

Let's wait and see how the rest of the games play out. How this gets reffed the rest of the way should be interesting.

They'll call it even tighter and both teams will be warned that any funny stuff will be penalized.

You'll probably have the head of NHL officiating in the audience(if he isn't already).

Red_Man

I love Subban but I wish he hadn't had done that....
Yep, really stupid shit from him. Moments like that were he can't control his emotion are why he won't be captain. We'd better not see anymore stupid penalties from him this series.

Situations like this are exactly why the instigator rule needs to go.
Lmao. Okay there Cherry

They'll call it even tighter and both teams will be warned that any funny stuff will be penalized.

You'll probably have the head of NHL officiating in the audience(if he isn't already).
Which is a shame, I don't want them to be calling 10 penalties a game.

zedge

Nothing will happen to any of the Habs, even Hacksaw Jim Subban. Kind of like nothing happened after the Gryba hit.

I bet both teams will play far more disciplined hockey from now on. Habs got their advantage as I'd say it's likely Stone is a nonfactor in this series. Subban missed part of a game Montreal won anyway.

rofl

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I like to think Subban didn't attempt to injure.

Listening to the radio this morning, Rhett Warner said he would do shit like that all the time, wacking Bertuzzi at his laces, lol.

zedge

I like to think Subban didn't attempt to injure.

Listening to the radio this morning, Rhett Warner said he would do shit like that all the time, wacking Bertuzzi at his laces, lol.

Heh heard that. I don't know if he intended to injure. Would like to think not. Just a careless play in the heat of the moment.

Heh heard that. I don't know if he intended to injure. Would like to think not. Just a careless play in the heat of the moment.

I don't know how an overhand swing like that could be anything but attempt to injure. Players get careless with the stick trying to stick check but puck was nowhere near.

Subban isn't exactly a Lady Byng candidate

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Hayes-St.Louis
Glass-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Hunwick

Lundqivst

Henrik Lundqvist makes his 93rd playoff appearance tonight, tying him with Tkaczuk for the all-time Rangers record.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to think Subban was just going for the stick like we see a thousand times a game in front of the net like that.

Where's Cake Boss?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

LOL I missed this at first, amazing

Omg :lol

Cindro

Wow! I completely screwed up my planning for yesterday's game - my Internet started to run the shoddy buffers and interruptions it's so fond of during OT1. I could barely follow the 360ps of action, so I went to bed before OT2 :(

I should probably just go to the Hawks bar for tomorrow night's game.

And what on earth was Darling doing last night? He somehow transcended space, time, and religion. That was one of the most dominant relief performances I've ever seen in any sport.

On a related note, it's time for me to buy a new shirt. I've narrowed it down to these three - thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom