• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Don't worry Rangers, letting the greatest goal scorer of this generation wide open won't end badly.

Foggy

Don't worry Rangers, letting the greatest goal scorer of this generation wide open won't end badly.

perreault.gif

calder

I would pay extra for a version of HNIC that could go a whole broadcast without talking about Mark fucking Messier. But that would require a sports media that wasn't so goddamn lazy that it didn't bust out that tired "guarantee" narrative every time an athlete predicted his own team might just win a big upcoming game.

Dare to dream.

Lol poor Nash.

Red_Man

Are there any non Rangers fans that are rooting for them right now? Seems like most outside viewers are hoping for a Caps win.

Marvie_3

Banned
Are there any non Rangers fans that are rooting for them right now? Seems like most outside viewers are hoping for a Caps win.
I dont care who wins. Ovechkin and Lundqvist are both guys I want to see win a Cup someday and I dont really hate either team.

Red_Man

...who would this piss off besides Pens fans? And who cares what those jerkasses think anyway?
All the narratives of Ovi being a bad leader, not clutch, not a good sport, lazy, etc goes out the window and half the hockey mainstream guys will have to back track.

ZeroGravity

All the narratives of Ovi being a bad leader, not clutch, not a good sport, lazy, etc goes out the window and half the hockey mainstream guys will have to back track.
I don't think they'd backtrack so much as complementing him on maturing as a person and a player. Which I think is true to most extent.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Meta starring daggers into Nash's soul right now
I knew he was going five-hole, and all things considered it's a good move with how Holtby often opens himself up on those. He did a good job on that one, though.

I also was watching Ovechkin the entire play prior to his goal. It was one of those situations where you could see about 5 seconds into the future.

That period was basically all Caps aside from a couple of chances. I said we needed to come out flying and we didn't, and the Caps were able to establish their game. This might be over fast if we don't use the PP to take some momentum back.

It was louder than I've heard it all season in here at the start. It's dead right now (and not just because it's intermission).

Montresor

I would pay extra for a version of HNIC that could go a whole broadcast without talking about Mark fucking Messier. But that would require a sports media that wasn't so goddamn lazy that it didn't bust out that tired "guarantee" narrative every time an athlete predicted his own team might just win a big upcoming game.

Dare to dream.

Lol poor Nash.

The panel is fellating the Messier guarantee right now. :lol

Red_Man

Imagine if Ovi didn't make that guarantee, this panel would have to actually discuss the game instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom