• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamari41

41 > 38
what even is a ranger and a capital

In 1925, the New York Americans joined the National Hockey League and played their home games at the old Madison Square Garden. Tex Rickard, the boxing promoter and ex-gold prospector who built and owned the arena, decided he wanted his own NHL team, which he was awarded in 1926. Rickard's team was immediately dubbed "Tex's Rangers" as a pun referencing the paramilitary force founded in Texas during the 1830s. The Americans folded in 1942, while Tex's Rangers remain.

I hate how there's always some singer performing the national anthem in North American sports. Anthems should be sung by everyone at the stadium, not some boring ass vocalist.

In 1925, the New York Americans joined the National Hockey League and played their home games at the old Madison Square Garden. Tex Rickard, the boxing promoter and ex-gold prospector who built and owned the arena, decided he wanted his own NHL team, which he was awarded in 1926. Rickard's team was immediately dubbed "Tex's Rangers" as a pun referencing the paramilitary force founded in Texas during the 1830s. The Americans folded in 1942, while Tex's Rangers remain.

shouldve stayed the Americans imo

Calamari41

41 > 38
"Sharks was chosen from 2300 entries in San Jose's name-the-team contest. The other finalists included Rubber Puckies, Screaming Squids, Salty Dogs, and Blades."

Oh my god, I would trade anything to have had the Sharks be named The Rubber Puckies. Anything.

Stasis

"Sharks was chosen from 2300 entries in San Jose's name-the-team contest. The other finalists included Rubber Puckies, Screaming Squids, Salty Dogs, and Blades."

Oh my god, I would trade anything to have had the Sharks be named The Rubber Puckies. Anything.

Man. Mighty Ducks vs. Rubber Puckies.

No one would take the NHL seriously lol.

Vyse24

Rubber Puckie, you're the one.
You make game time so much fun.

This hockey team is brought to you by the letter L and the number 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom