• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Nah that guy got up and yelled when applicable. The rest of the crowd sat on their hands, it seemed. I was just surprised is all. Everyone was very nice, maybe they thought it would be rude to draw attention to the fact that they were leading the game while in someone else's house?

Were they stepping on carpets with their shoes on? More importantly, were their bathroom stalls open?

Ursn

Great game! Took my cousin to his first playoff game. Here's my new hat as
not really
promised.

EZeY0Y1.jpg

Foggy

Any team that has had a modicum of success over the past couple years, I will be rooting against you. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

loser business

calder

I almost fell asleep in the third but I was awake for the end. SMH.

Well, we will see how game 2 turns out. It's going to be an interesting series as it goes on.

The Ducks took over the game halfway through and looked good, but as a Jets fan it has to be said that the team played pretty badly throughout so at least we can hope for a big improvement there. Little, Ladd and Frolik were terrible, especially Ladd who had a brutal game. The Scheifele line wasn't much better, only the bottom 6 guys played decently.

Buff was a no show and Chariot wasn't much better, poor Toby was crunched a few times (Trouba played pretty well I thought)... so yeah if nothing else I have to expect a better game from the Jets on Saturday simply because I would hope they don't play that poorly again. I lost track of how many times there was two Jets on the ice simply from falling into each other or tripping themselves.

One long term cause of concern is that it's kinda reminiscent of the all star break. The Jets were playing great hockey leading into the all star game, and then after a week off came back and played like shit for two weeks. I don't like the parallel at all. :|

calder

Any team that has had a modicum of success over the past couple years, I will be rooting against you. It's nothing personal, it's just business.

loser business

That's a very rational and almost noble attitude that I basically share.

Only difference is I also hold grudges for long ago, historic success if it impacted me as a fan at all (Oilers in the 80s, etc).

Oh, I almost forgot. Jets Nation:

L0NES8d_zps0mc3yoff.gif

Your fans were pretty lame. The only time they made themselves heard was when they yelled "true north" during the anthem. They accounted for a lot of seats, too. I didn't know that they scored that first goal until the red light eventually came on. No reaction.

They're really nice and polite. When I went to the Teemu retirement game that was my main impression of them.

Series could go either way. Jets hit the post a couple times and got a lot of odd man rushes that could have put the game away in their favor. From the end of the second to the end it was basically all Anaheim. Should be a good series.

And lol at the GIF. No one calls it the OC if you're really from Orange County

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Holtby may be out tonight for the Caps? He's missing from practice, where Grubauer is playing the role of starter.

RIP Caps?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sens and Habs are going to kill each other leaving the next round team to face either one with an easy kill.
This is what I'm most afraid of if they do best Ottawa. I don't want it to be like last year were they were so emotionally spent after the Boston series that they weren't ready for the Rangers.

Cindro

Hawks v. Preds -- Round 2: FIGHT!

Can't wait for tonight. Skipping out on an opportunity to hang out with a good friend so I can see the Hawks go 2-0.

On that topic... I'm not surprised Crawford is starting again tonight, but surely Darling at least earned one start per series in this year's playoffs? Game 4, perhaps? It seems like it would be backwards for his insane performance on Wednesday to not earn him enough merit for a couple of game starts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Girardi is on the ice for practice in normal gear.

Further evidence to throw on the ever-growing pile that he is in fact some manner of android.

Stasis

Dan Girardi is on the ice for practice in normal gear.

Further evidence to throw on the ever-growing pile that he is in fact some manner of android.

Came to see if you posted Girardi news.

Leaving happy. Thanks Meta! And praise be to the nanites that compose his body for fixing him so rapidly.

On that topic... I'm not surprised Crawford is starting again tonight, but surely Darling at least earned one start per series in this year's playoffs? Game 4, perhaps? It seems like it would be backwards for his insane performance on Wednesday to not earn him enough merit for a couple of game starts.

uhh.....

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 4m 4 minutes ago

Dan Girardi says he is good to go and won't wear any extra facial protection in Game 2. A little sore but he stressed that he is fine.

Acid08

Banned
They're really nice and polite. When I went to the Teemu retirement game that was my main impression of them.

Series could go either way. Jets hit the post a couple times and got a lot of odd man rushes that could have put the game away in their favor. From the end of the second to the end it was basically all Anaheim. Should be a good series.

And lol at the GIF. No one calls it the OC if you're really from Orange County

It's like how no one from here actually says Frisco.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So the Stars gave their rookie Klingberg (who?) a SEVEN-year, 4.2mio per year contract

..:: say what

First round is best 2 out of 3? News to me.

I don't feel confident in winning a series after losing the first 2 games at home that's all :p

So the Stars gave their rookie Klingberg (who?) a SEVEN-year, 4.2mio per year contract

..:: say what

I don't feel confident in winning a series after losing the first 2 games at home that's all :p

They're trying to fuck us over on a contract with Barrie. Who uses the same fucking agency as O'Reilly.

?

Is my assessment completely off-base? Coach Q himself said after the post-game on Wednesday that he hadn't decided yet whether Crawford or Darling would start in game 2 - I don't think I'm spewing random nonsense here by bringing the topic up.

In the playoffs, a team always plays their starter except in extreme circumstances (injury, stretch of awful play).

Crawford had one bad period which wasn't entirely his fault. His experience and resume is still far superior to Darling's, and he will start every game from here on out.

Coaches play coy about their starter to play mind games with the other team.

Acid08

Banned
Does anybody anywhere even say "The OC" anymore? I feel like that has passed into history.

Along those lines: I recently had to tell a friend who moved here from Philly to stop calling it "Cali."

LOL, my relatives in Michigan always call it Cali. LA is prolly full of people doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom