• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Never underestimate the Rangers ability to go to game 7s. Remember, OT OT OT is their motto in ze playoffs

This is really one of my few concerns. I'm waiting for this team to show me they're actually capable of taking care of business in a timely manner.

DTLA is great, and made massive strides during and after the time I lived there. Putting in Staples, LA Live, and the Ritz have spurred huge gentrification and a big cleanup. When the new University Village at USC opens, that will do even more. The fatal flaw in that area is that it is so crowded. Also, traffic is so bad that if you live there, you pretty much have to work and play there too since there's no getting out during rush hour. Getting to Hollywood is a catastrophe half the time, much less getting to the beach.

Careful, you're going to get TUSR all excited to visit.

Have you seen the plans for DTLA? If they do everything right it will be one of the nicest areas to live. Hopefully I am where I want to be in a few years finacially. I'll live there. Plus the metro is being extended to Santa Monica. I can't wait.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Have you seen the plans for DTLA? If they do everything right it will be one of the nicest areas to live. Hopefully I am where I want to be in a few years finacially. I'll live there. Plus the metro is being extended to Santa Monica. I can't wait.

I haven't seen any new plans over the last couple of years. The latest thing I've been aware of is the aforementioned University Village, and that's because they wanted my money to build it.

Socreges

Banned
Desalination plants?

ZeroGravity

Lightning corrected every single thing that went wrong in Game 1. Bishop was great, the power play clicked, and they finished their chances.

Really happy this group finally managed to get their first playoff win. Sky's the limit now.

Out to the local hockey pub.

Having Penguins playoff hockey is a lot better than not showing up. And can't wait for lottery results. The gal started talking hockey lottery this morning, think these playoffs are rubbing off now, it's already all been a success.

Hilarious stuff with Calgary & Vancouver.

I haven't seen any new plans over the last couple of years. The latest thing I've been aware of is the aforementioned University Village, and that's because they wanted my money to build it.

Pretty much just cleaning it up more. A couple of amazing looking buildings. The skyline will very different in ten years. Chinatown is going to change a lot.

I'm not from LA (born and raised in Central Valley) but I spent a lot of time visiting family when I was younger. It's so different than the city I remember. I remember when Silverlake and Echo Park were fucking shit holes. Now? I would live in parts of them.

Hipsters are good for something I guess.

Hollywood still sucks ass though.

Socreges

Banned
I live in Calgary and I have lived in Vancouver, and I am not white. He is right about Calgary, by far worse here.
I liked how, moments later, yodathesoda derisively adds "Vancouver is Chinatown. Calgary is wealthy", perfectly undermining what zedge had just said.

zedge

I liked how, moments later, yodathesoda derisively adds "Vancouver is Chinatown. Calgary is wealthy", perfectly undermining what zedge had just said.

:lol Yep represents the whole population of a city, just like everyone in Vancouver is a rioting piece of trash.

Theres a china town here too. Thought we were past all this now.

Socreges

Banned
Lol

Our mayor is Muslim!... the 'I have friends who are black!' for cities.

:lol Yep represents the whole population of a city, just like everyone in Vancouver is a rioting piece of trash.

Theres a china town here too. Thought we were past all this now.
I don't think you follow... look up the word "undermine". And you have a Chinatown. Ok. Again, you don't get it.

zedge

Lol

Our mayor is Muslim!... the new 'I have friends who are black!'

Meh considering eveyone here is suppose to be white trash red necks its odd that twice we have voted in a minority in landslide victories. But OK. Carry on with the sterotypes and ignorance.

Visible minority population (% of CMA's total population, 2011) Likely higher now.

Toronto: 47%
Vancouver: 45.2%
Calgary: 28.1%
Edmonton: 22.4%
Montreal: 20.3%
Winnipeg: 19.7%
Ottawa: 19.2%

Source: http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/nhs-enm/2011/as-sa/99-010-x/99-010-x2011001-eng.cfm

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I like both the Blues and the Wild, but I can't, in any good conscious, root for a team with Matt Cooke on it, so yay Blues! :)

Where's our resident Blues fan(s) anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom