• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikma

Banned
Shut up, you San Diego trash.

San Diego is the best city in the country
and it'll only get better once the Gulls return
thx btw, ducks

OC is great too though, I wish I lived there if only to be closer to my dad, that guy is so damn fun

calder

I had no idea Tabris got a job with the Ducks! Crazy he hasn't mentioned it.

imagey6r3u.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A wise man will climb Mt. Fuji once; a fool will climb Mt. Fuji twice.

This is why I only climbed Mt. Fuji once. Well...that and the fact that I haven't had an opportunity to do it again.

I had no idea Tabris got a job with the Ducks! Crazy he hasn't mentioned it.

imagey6r3u.jpg

The Rangers are doing the same thing, by the way. Ours is a little less ghetto looking, though.

In fact, we're kind of doubling down on it this year, as the Broadway Hat winner will also be filling in the Stanley Cup puzzle on the wall just like last year. It was Ryan McDonagh for Game 1, in case you're wondering.

Same lineups tonight for both the Rangers and Penguins.

delta25

Banned
nice win for the nucks last night. Now if they can pull a win out in Calgary they may very well have a better chance at winning this series.

on a side note

dat ferland sure is a salty little bastard.

calder

The Rangers are doing the same thing, by the way. Ours is a little less ghetto looking, though.
Those boards mainly exist to give prime photoshop material to fans of whatever team knocks you out I think. Everyone should have one just for future sarcastic gifs.

Weber out for at least 2 more games. Ouch.
I never even saw the play, did it look obvious at the time?

Huge loss for the Preds. Loved their play last night, it's a damn shame.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Those boards mainly exist to give prime photoshop material to fans of whatever team knocks you out I think. Everyone should have one just for future sarcastic gifs.

The Jets should have a plane on the wall, and after a win they spraypaint a silhouette of the opposing team's logo on the side

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Camera doesn't do it justice. It did have some glare but not as bad as that photo depicted lol

Yawnier

Banned
Some team that already has a #1C like the Stars, Flyers, Avs who are in the #7 to #12 range will win the lottery. I can feel it in my bones.

or maybe buffalo will win it, for the anti-climatic finish

Edit: Meant to post this in the leafs draft thread, oops

Razorskin

----- ------
Some team that already has a #1C like the Stars, Flyers, Avs who are in the #7 to #12 range will win the lottery. I can feel it in my bones.

Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age

fallout

Saw Mastodon last night and their drummer was wearing a Jets shirt. He closed out the show telling us how thankful they were that there wasn't a game on tonight, fearing that nobody would show up to the concert.

They're actually from Atlanta and the last time they were through, they were commenting on how we stole their team, but they still love us anyway.

What are some reasons for a tourist to visit Winnipeg?
Haha, this was NOT a reply to this post. Weird coincidence.

To answer your question: not a hell of a lot, really. I moved here because of friends and family.

Pikma

Banned
Saw Mastodon last night and their drummer was wearing a Jets shirt. He closed out the show telling us how thankful they were that there wasn't a game on tonight, fearing that nobody would show up to the concert.

They're actually from Atlanta and the last time they were through, they were commenting on how we stole their team, but they still love us anyway.
Man, Mastodon is amazing, I got to see them live some day

calder

I've been saying that Ladd's been playing poorly for a bit now and especially after game 1, but I see he didn't take the morning skate today and he hasn't taken an optional practice or morning skate in a week or two. Guess he's more banged up than they've said.

Calamari41

41 > 38
latest

all i can think of everytime this comes up

Yeah, I was just thinking about the dynamics of having a team in a prime tourist destination, not to mention a spot to which people from all over the country straight-up move. Like, there are probably more people who have moved to SoCal from Winnipeg than have ever even visited Winnipeg from SoCal. I'm not even talking trash, it's just an interesting dynamic.

Actually, if you're interested at all about Winnipeg, my company put together this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1_iLOcTPlg

Thanks, I'll make sure to check this out a little later.

calder

To answer your question: not a hell of a lot, really. I moved here because of friends and family.
There's a lot of tourism to the province, but it's mostly outdoorsy shit and as a result is invisible in Winnipeg. Unless you notice the uptick in dudes from Illinois and Nebraska driving their RVs pulling a camo painted boat north to the Interlake.

fallout

There's a lot of tourism to the province, but it's mostly outdoorsy shit and as a result is invisible in Winnipeg. Unless you notice the uptick in dudes from Illinois and Nebraska driving their RVs pulling a camo painted boat north to the Interlake.
Haha, well yeah. I'm from Kenora originally, so I've had a lot of exposure to that. The amount of American money coming into that little town when the Canadian dollar was weak was pretty astounding.

I guess I was just thinking Winnipeg-proper. But yeah, if you're into hunting, fishing, boating, camping, etc., there's a ton of stuff to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom