• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

4Ii2tyM.png

that's wacky

Aww shiiiit Ducks r fucked

Crawford to Edmonton/Buffalo for picks. Hawks save cap space and can roll with Darling/Raanta. Not realistic at all probably but I can dream.

Crawford last year against Minnesota.

I think Raanta is gone after this season, which is a shame I do like the guy and wonder how he'd do with a full time gig. I don't think Crow will be gone next year simply because Darlings sample size is way too small, but I don't think Crows going to finish his contract as a hawk.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think Raanta is gone after this season, which is a shame I do like the guy and wonder how he'd do with a full time gig. I don't think Crow will be gone next year simply because Darlings sample size is way too small, but I don't think Crows going to finish his contract as a hawk.
I think Raanta stays if they trade Crow. Really though, Crawford probably isnt going anywhere so Raanta is going to be the odd man out.

Crawford is underrated. Unfortunately, he is almost always the scapegoat for the team. Honestly, I laughed when Marvie said he is an above average goaltender, like it was some obvious fact. Like, come on... Crawford has been a huge reason the Hawks are even in the playoffs right now and even tied in this series. He absolutely has his ups and downs, but so does every goalie, including the ones who are always classified as elite like Lundqvist, for example. Unfortunately, Crawford is and will always be in the shadow of the big name players who play in front of him and they will always get the credit more than Crawford. Like a lose lose with him, sadly. He isn't perfect and he can always improve, but people make him out to be a shitty goalie and that isn't true, at all.

Today was just a classic game of back and forth. I don't think he was 'shaky', but I'm sure Red_Man is already furiously typing an angry response about how I am related or some shit or how I don't know anything or something. I'm not going to get into it though.

I do think he is paid a lot, like too much. But I think a lot of goalies are. At least Crawford has been fairly consistent after he got his big contract, unlike a lot of other goalies that have a successful season and then fall off the map. But I don't think Darling is ready to be the guy. I think he needs a full year behind Crawford before the Hawks could even start to think about replacing Crawford. I think they need to seriously look at it though, maybe after next year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes, it's Crawford who people should be thanking for the Blackhawks success, not future Hall of Famers, Toews, Kane, Hossa, who are averaging a PPG or Keith who is almost a PPG and playing more minutes on D than any other player in the playoffs. We're all idiots.

This is beautiful.

fun fact

Keith played more minutes today (>40mins) than Timmonen has played ALL SERIES (<40mins)

fun fact

Keith played more minutes today (>40mins) than Timmonen has played ALL SERIES (<40mins)

Saw Timmonen chasing a puck back into the Hawks own zone and he reminded me of this crazy scientist old lady in my old stopping grounds(can't believe a Hawk is also from West Dundee) who would drive 10 mph everywhere in town.

He's still younger than me though.

RC

Banned
It better be a Hawks/Ranger final. With the Hawks winning the cup. My various pools depend on it.
But honestly fuck that team.

Marvie_3

Banned

Only 1 #AIHL Livestream tonight - @CBRBrave @ @NewNorthStars - 5pm AEST/4.30pm ACST/3pm AWST: http://bit.ly/1JnATiJ

Half an hour.
<3

Shootout loss. :(

My boy Geordie Wudrick had 2 goals and an assist though. :D

Saw Timmonen chasing a puck back into the Hawks own zone and he reminded me of this crazy scientist old lady in my old stopping grounds(can't believe a Hawk is also from West Dundee) who would drive 10 mph everywhere in town.

He's still younger than me though.

I like Timonen but he needs to be out of the lineup from now on because physically, he's done. If he's in the right position he still makes good plays but he's incredible slow and he doesn't seem to have any strength left in him to win battles. TVR, even if he's not fully up to speed, is probably a better option at this point.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McDonagh, Fast, and Moore all missed morning skate today. "Maintenance day," says AV. All will play tonight.

Meanwhile, it seems like Zuccarello has been upgraded from "out indefinitely" to "day to day." Which of course means virtually the same thing, one just implies a slightly more imminent return. I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the Stanley Cup Final.

I like Timonen but he needs to be out of the lineup from now on because physically, he's done. If he's in the right position he still makes good plays but he's incredible slow and he doesn't seem to have any strength left in him to win battles. TVR, even if he's not fully up to speed, is probably a better option at this point.

He often mentions how tough it is to come into games cold and so sparingly but yeah, I don't think you can afford to play him much at all.

The brain's still working but it gets pretty fast out there and he seems a liability.

I like how strong of a competitive mindset he has though, he wants to be out there regularly but it's a recipe for disaster.

ZeroGravity

Pretty sure the only change Cooper is making tonight is putting Carle back in. Because clearly his absence was the team's biggest problem in the last game.

I think an actual hockey rivalry would straight up kill kingslump.

edit: HS sub expired. Don't think I'ma renew until I know whether or not blackouts will still be around next year.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nah Hawks won't let me down.
Just like how the Kings didn't let me down last year.

This is some next level salt. I mean, if Chicago eliminates us I'll be pissed, but not at Chicago. I hold no ill feelings toward that franchise... They aren't a rival. I'll even be rooting for them to get the Cup because I realize that, get this, they're a good team.

The Ducks aren't your rival, kingslunk. We beat you in a playoff series. A year ago. Boo hoo.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

edit: HS sub expired. Don't think I'ma renew until I know whether or not blackouts will still be around next year.

You mean Gamecenter/TV blackouts? I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you about those disappearing...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Even if GameCenter removed blackouts, I wouldn't switch personally. HS still gives me games from every league, trade deadline, free agency, draft day, etc plus no 3 minute delay and I can watch games on PVR as soon as they end. You have to wait 48 hours on GC.

83Si0iw.png

this is the best
Holzer is a Duck? How did I miss that?

Even if GameCenter removed blackouts, I wouldn't switch personally. HS still gives me games from every league, trade deadline, free agency, draft day, etc plus no 3 minute delay and I can watch games on PVR as soon as they end. You have to wait 48 hours on GC.

What it comes down to for me is easier access with other devices. I fight with my chromecast to stream HS, some days it's fine and others everything is on fire. I also won't have much extra time come next season to watch anything other than avs games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure the only change Cooper is making tonight is putting Carle back in. Because clearly his absence was the team's biggest problem in the last game.

I also saw he declared that Ryan Callahan would score tonight. Quite honestly, I believe him.

John Amirante is doing the national anthem tonight, and I'm not there for it?! Balls. Oh well.

Excited for Game 1 of this best of three series tonight. I have genuinely no idea how this series is going to end.

My son asked me something hilarious the other day. So he over heard his mother and her soon-to-husband arguing about her being a giant baby because she hurt her back at work. She told him that she can handle pain because she had a (my last name) inside of her. She was talking about our son. Her BF thought she was bragging about my dick game and they got into a fight.

My son asked me "Dad when were you inside my mom?"

Top Bottom