• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT2| Ovi guaranteed a good thread title

I think Tampa Bay swept the series against the Ducks this year and so did the Rangers.

Not going to matter though, Boudreau is 1-5 in game 7s.

sergei-fedorov-game-7-gwg-o.gif

What a game 7 that was.

Fuck!!! Yeah!!!! Game 7!! So crazy. Gonna puke for sure this time. My chromecast was buffering a lot during the third period last game, it was driving me nuts

My Hawks took it tonight and Riot Fest announced a killer lineup. So happy.

The Riot Fest lineup sucks balls. Riot Fest has officially turned into old Lollapalooza, with all the attributes of shitty new Lollapalooza. De La Soul is the only reason why I haven't sold my earlybird tickets already.

Calamari41

41 > 38
With the amount of complaining Hawks Age does all the time, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that the Hawks are basically one kind of flukey OT loss away from playing for their third Cup in a row, which they will be heavily favored to win if they get past this round.

Some guy in a Blues hat in Punta Cana just yelled after me "HEY, FUCK THE HAWKS" because I was wearing my Toews shirt.

I mean... Okay? You lost to a team in the first round that we swept, but whatever.

Ducks-GAF: This has been a hell of a series. Haven't been able to hop on much because the WiFi here is spotty at best, but I can't even be pissed if we lose Saturday. Obviously, I hope we win, but you guys have a hell of a team. A lot more even of a series than I ever figured. Your guys' quick strike ability is fucking ridiculous.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
With the amount of complaining Hawks Age does all the time, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that the Hawks are basically one kind of flukey OT loss away from playing for their third Cup in a row, which they will be heavily favored to win if they get past this round.

Will they be? They're basically playing two defensive pairings backed by a goalie that could probably most adequately be described by "he's pretty alright, I guess." That's a difficult matchup against a balanced, fast offense like the Rangers (or the Lightning, for that matter, even if their balance has kind of gone out the window of late).

I mean, the Blackhawks could absolutely beat us, for sure. They've got the stars and the experience to do it. I just don't think it's all that lopsided a matchup.

Will they be? They're basically playing two defensive pairings backed by a goalie that could probably most adequately be described by "he's pretty alright, I guess." That's a difficult matchup against a balanced, fast offense like the Rangers (or the Lightning, for that matter, even if their balance has kind of gone out the window of late).

I mean, the Blackhawks could absolutely beat us, for sure. They've got the stars and the experience to do it. I just don't think it's all that lopsided a matchup.

What about what you listed was different from the past couple years for the Hawks?

Not that I agree with your description of Crawford, but whatever

calder

Some guy in a Blues hat in Punta Cana just yelled after me "HEY, FUCK THE HAWKS" because I was wearing my Toews shirt.

I mean... Okay? You lost to a team in the first round that we swept, but whatever.

Telling other fans to fuck right off has nothing to do with how good your team or their team is or was or will be. It's just an opportunity to let someone know you disapprove of their life choices and encourage them towards meaningful personal change.

Now, yelling at a stranger in any context for almost any reason is just weird and lame to me, but that's a separate issue. So to sum up, fuck the Hawks and fuck the Blues too.
And the Avs, Wings, Stars and Preds

Tangent: I went to punta cana for my brothers wedding a few years ago. Didn't like it at all, but I knew I wouldn't going in.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know how you guys managed to be where you are without Mats, I'm really impressed.

If we get past Tampa, it's going to be an interesting question of what exactly to do with him when he does come back given how Miller has been performing on the top line and how much more effective the 4th line has been at forechecking with Sheppard involved.

Of course, if I know AV, he'll just slot Zucc back on the top line, move Miller to the 4th line, and send Shep back to the press box and be done with it. But whether that's the right move or not is another matter.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ducks-GAF: This has been a hell of a series. Haven't been able to hop on much because the WiFi here is spotty at best, but I can't even be pissed if we lose Saturday. Obviously, I hope we win, but you guys have a hell of a team. A lot more even of a series than I ever figured. Your guys' quick strike ability is fucking ridiculous.

Same to the Hawks. These are two truly great teams. No excuses at the end of this series... The better team will have won. Sadly, at this point it's looking like the clutchest team will be the one to walk away from this, and we all know how clutch the Hawks have tended to be these last few years.

Same to the Hawks. These are two truly great teams. No excuses at the end of this series... The better team will have won. Sadly, at this point it's looking like the clutchest team will be the one to walk away from this, and we all know how clutch the Hawks have tended to be these last few years.

I still favor the Ducks.

I'd put it at 60/40.

They're very skilled and very aggressive and there's no way the Hawks are going to be saved by some "miracle" late goals against this team.

I think the homeice is huge but this should also bring the best out of the Hawks.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I still favor the Ducks.

I'd put it at 60/40.

They're very skilled and very aggressive and there's no way the Hawks are going to be saved by some "miracle" late goals against this team.

I think the homeice is huge but this should also bring the best out of the Hawks.

If it weren't for the last two years I would agree with you. But damn, last year we came out looking like we didn't give a shit against the Kings in game 7, and we had outplayed them or played them evenly for the whole series before that game. Every game beforehand was a one goal game (minus the empty netter in game 2), and then we came out like we already had a tee time set up for the next day.

I'd like to see a Chicago/New York final, though it'll probably be Anaheim/Tampa then no one will give a shit. It would probably be one of the worst finals as far as television ratings.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'd like to see a Chicago/New York final, though it'll probably be Anaheim/Tampa then no one will give a shit. It would probably be one of the worst finals as far as television ratings.

Anybody who wouldn't watch the two best teams in the league play each other in the Stanley Cup Finals because of the cities they play in is no better than the worst bandwagoner Kings fan who asks the guy next to him at the bar why the ref blew the whistle.
For the tenth time, it was icing

Marvie_3

Banned
Old but relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEdY4su1wsk

Anybody who wouldn't watch the two best teams in the league play each other in the Stanley Cup Finals because of the cities they play in is no better than the worst bandwagoner Kings fan who asks the guy next to him at the bar why the ref blew the whistle.
For the tenth time, it was icing
If you're going to call him out, at least have the balls to say kaep's name.

My buddy has gone to all the Ducks/Hawks playoff games. I mean all of them. He just called to see if I could pick him up from the airport because he was in Chicago last night. This dude has no job and his parents don't have money. I guess his new GF is loaded though.

Calamari41

41 > 38
My buddy has gone to all the Ducks/Hawks playoff games. I mean all of them. He just called to see if I could pick him up from the airport because he was in Chicago last night. This dude has no job and his parents don't have money. I guess his new GF is loaded though.

Did he even bother to invite you to any of them? If not, leave him stranded at LAX.

Did he even bother to invite you to any of them? If not, leave him stranded at LAX.

Nope. Fucked up too because I treated his ass to the Ducks/Kings game earlier in the year.

Told him I can't pick him up because I started drinking wine when I woke up. Which isn't far from the truth. I mean it was just a glass at lunch but he doesn't need to know that.

Giggzy

What's your guys problem with a webbed foot? Don't hate. At least it's better than spelling out Anaheim Ducks on the jersey!

I agree on the color scheme though. It's horrible. Black as the primary color just looks like crap as well. The away kits are much better.

If I could have my way I'd definitely go back to the eggplant.

Top Bottom