• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Tom Nook

Thank goodness I kept J Nelson in. I was planning to bench him due to weather conditions and replace him with Mitchell.

nillapuddin

Starters scored 149, Bench scored 101.

Such BS the playoffs arent true playoffs, Id be going back to back, my team is stacked man

8hEqZl4.gif

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well. Looks like Wilson is going to bomb out tonight. I need Indy, specifically Hilton, to have a bad night tomorrow, or my four game streak is over.

Lol jeez I've been really missing on Devante Adams these past few weeks. Week 8 and 9, I play him and he does fine but was TD dependent. 10, I bench him and he goes off. 11, play and does terrible. Bench on week 12, and goes off again. Play this week?

Yeah. I'm not really a numbers chaser but my WRs are OBJ, AB, Edelman, DA, and Steve Smith. So that really only leaves 1 WR spot and possibly a flex if I don't think my RBs will have big games. So hard to choose sometimes!

Tom Nook

ugh. :(

A Lost. Good News though, others owners I'm tied with also lost, so the standings still the same: 3rd place.

Will be facing the 6th seed in the playoffs who has Carr vs KC or Ryan vs LA at QB.

Either one is a bad matchup.

watkins did not have a good game as I was hoping to(I didn't start him)

now the not so fun game of figuring out who to start in my flex will be agonoizing in a must win game this upcoming week(if I lose, i'm out)

Squeaked into 6th place playoff spot with a 6-7 record. I guess the fact that I scored more points by almost 200 with people I was tied with just shows how unlucky my matchups were.

My RB's are still J Stew and Hightower. Here's who's available on the wire:

Jerick Mckinnon
Jacquizz Rodgers
Charles Sims
Rex Burkhead

Think any of those better options?

Tom Nook

Squeaked into 6th place playoff spot with a 6-7 record. I guess the fact that I scored more points by almost 200 with people I was tied with just shows how unlucky my matchups were.

My RB's are still J Stew and Hightower. Here's who's available on the wire:

Jerick Mckinnon
Jacquizz Rodgers
Charles Sims
Rex Burkhead

Think any of those better options?

Definitely either Sims or Quizz. D Martin is hurt.

Tom Nook

My app tells me Martin in fine. Either way..sims over Quizz? This is the last move I have for the league, might as well use it in a must win week.

If available, pickup CIN DEF if it's your last move.

Martin owner here, I hope he's fine for the saints matchup.

Martin didn't play in the second half scared me. I would probably go with Quizz if something happens to Martin.

our work league has one more week before playoffs start

kind of funny there is a 4 way tie(myself included) at 8-5 and the guy who has zeke/bell/gordon is on a 5 game winning streak (he's 7-6) trying to take a possible playoff spot

will be interesting to see how this week plays out

If available, pickup CIN DEF if it's your last move.

Martin owner here, I hope he's fine for the saints matchup.

Martin didn't play in the second half scared me. I would probably go with Quizz if something happens to Martin.

I scooped up Cinci D last week in preparation. Maybe i'll put a waiver in for quiz and see

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
1 week left before playoffs!! was 3-4 before my two big trades and now i'm 8-5 and have a great shot at the title! playoffs not clinched yet unfortunately :(

just need to win this week. easy right?

Tom Nook

ugh :(

Discovered there will be rain during the PATS/Ravens game on Monday night.

Now I'm scared to start both Brady and Mitchell...

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

kind of funny there is a 4 way tie(myself included) at 8-5 and the guy who has zeke/bell/gordon is on a 5 game winning streak (he's 7-6) trying to take a possible playoff spot

Zeke Bell and Gordon and he was 2-6? Jesus...

How is he 7-6 with Bell, Gordon, and Bell.. did the rest of his team consist of scraps?

Tom Nook

anything can happen! esp vs ravens D!! good luck - what are your other QB options?

Bort vs MIN; nope
Manning vs DAL; don't trust him
Palmer vs MIA; good one
Tannehill vs ARI; nope
Smith vs OAK; don't like Thursday games
Kaep vs NYJ; HAHAHAHAH

Palmer over Brady this week?

RBH

Locked up the 6th and final playoff spot in my league.

My fourth straight year making the playoffs...........hoping it's not the fourth straight year I get bounced from the playoffs (a la the Atlanta teams that I root for). :(

One question:

Ted Ginn vs. San Diego
OR
Stefon Diggs @ Jacksonville
OR
Tyreek Hill vs. Oakland?

TylerD

Safely in the playoff now and our 8 of 10 team shit-show with week 17 championship begins next week.

Dropped Vinny for Bryant K for high floor match ups.

Team as of right now:
QB: Mariota, Rivers
RB: Gordon, Howard, Ingram, Hyde
WR: Beckham, Cooper, Moncrief, Robinson, Britt
TE: Eifert
K: Bryant
DST: MIA, BUF

Have waiver 1 if needed.

How is he 7-6 with Bell, Gordon, and Bell.. did the rest of his team consist of scraps?

he went rb heavy early rounds, drafted zeke round 1, bell round 2 etc. he didn't pick up his first wr until i think round 5 or 6

his wr's now are doug baldwin and golden tate

he's on a 5 game winning streak now. I failed to eliminate him because brandin cooks couldn't score at least 3 fucking points two weeks ago

Locked up the 6th and final playoff spot in my league.

My fourth straight year making the playoffs...........hoping it's not the fourth straight year I get bounced from the playoffs (a la the Atlanta teams that I root for). :(

One question:

Ted Ginn vs. San Diego
OR
Stefon Diggs @ Jacksonville
OR
Tyreek Hill vs. Oakland?
Tyreek RBH..

Chiefs are playing like one of the best teams in football right now..

Start him with Maclin having trouble staying on the field..

he went rb heavy early rounds, drafted zeke round 1, bell round 2 etc. he didn't pick up his first wr until i think round 5 or 6

his wr's now are doug baldwin and golden tate

he's on a 5 game winning streak now. I failed to eliminate him because brandin cooks couldn't score at least 3 fucking points two weeks ago
I see.. that would probably do it..

Tyreek RBH..

I see.. that would probably do it..

He went I think ~1-4 or 1-5 in the first couple of weeks (I think bell was suspended for the first four so he wasn't a factor)

But anyway, I feel like if he makes it in, he's probably go to win it all. The week I failed to eliminiate him was the week AB scored 3 TD's and Reed scored 2TD's and that probably won't happen again

Since A-Rob is playing the Vikings this week.. is it time to bring Sammy Watkins off the bench?

He went I think ~1-4 or 1-5 in the first couple of weeks (I think bell was suspended for the first four so he wasn't a factor)

But anyway, I feel like if he makes it in, he's probably go to win it all. The week I failed to eliminiate him was the week AB scored 3 TD's and Reed scored 2TD's and that probably won't happen again
Bell was out two weeks yes.. Melvin didn't get started immediately and Zeke started slow.. so I can see it happening.. and yeah.. if he makes it.. he probably will win it all with those three carrying him.

Andrew Luck vs Texans or
Dalton vs Browns?

Another league

Pip, Ryan or Captain Kirk?
If AJ was playing Fanatic.. I'd say Dalton.. but since that Texans defense will be hung out to dry thanks to Brock... I would pick Luck. I think they will focus on running the ball against Cleveland with Hill.

And Ryan or Kirk.. I would go with Kirk since there is a chance Julio isn't playing..

RBH

Tyreek RBH..

I'm a little hesitant about Hill though because Maclin looks to be returning tomorrow, and Hill's snap count took a hit against Atlanta compared to prior games.

I'm a little hesitant about Hill though because Maclin looks to be returning tomorrow, and Hill's snap count took a hit against Atlanta compared to prior games.
It might.. but they are still making it a point to get him at least a couple touches a game. Hill is too good to sit on the sidelines. Plus.. it's not impossible for Maclin to have a setback during the game.

We've seen that Hill can do a lot and attack you in different ways.. Andy won't leave him on the bench to rot in my opinion

Broncos defense @ Titans
or
Lions defense vs Bears

If the game were in Denver, I'd start the Broncos no question. But the Lions just shut down the Saints in New Orleans. I'm leaning that the better play is Detroit shutting down the Bears at Ford Field.

Broncos defense @ Titans
or
Lions defense vs Bears

If the game were in Denver, I'd start the Broncos no question. But the Lions just shut down the Saints in New Orleans. I'm leaning that the better play is Detroit shutting down the Bears at Ford Field.
Since the Bears offense consists of running Jordan Howard to death.. I would probably start the Lions D since they can stop the run decently..

NateDrake

Playoffs week and I need to set the best lineup possible to move to the next round. What do you think? Rawls in GB with snow is making me doubt starting him.

87j1HQ2.png

UberTag

I feel like a madman making this call but I'm benching Greg Olsen from my starting lineup in my 1st round fantasy playoff matchup this week for Jermaine Gresham of all people.

Gresham's had more fantasy points than Olsen each of the past 3 weeks.
He's been targeted more than Olsen over the past 2 weeks combined.
And the Dolphins have coughed up 5 touchdowns to opposing Tight Ends over the past 4 games. And I'm not sure the Rams game counts. They're barely a team.

I have Crabtree, Kelce, Ware, and Janikowski going tonight. Of course my first playoff game involves basically half my team starting on TNF.

Debating if I should make any moves. Janikowski is really the only one there I can afford to find a suitable replacement for, so I might do that. Should I be scared away from starting any of those other guys, realistically?

Top Bottom