• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Pretty happy about Kelvin last night even though I had him benched in all 3 leagues I had him. Someone's either gunna overpay for him in a trade or I'll keep him and can just play the matchup game every week in those leagues.

phanphare

Banned
Pretty happy about Kelvin last night even though I had him benched in all 3 leagues I had him. Someone's either gunna overpay for him in a trade or I'll keep him and can just play the matchup game every week in those leagues.

I mean, he's the dude in carolina

the question marks were more about how he'd start the season due to coming off of an injury and supposedly not being in great shape plus having his snaps limited

due to his size and qb I wouldn't worry about match ups. they just had the one match up that was worrisome for him.

prag16

Banned
In the league I care about the most, I got thunderfucked by the Anderson/Benjamin combo (along with Stewart's weak game on my side). Nice start. -_-

VoxPop

Monster trade first day

My

Golden Tate
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Hauschka

for his

Eddie Lacy
Eric Decker
Matt Jones
Catanzaro

Seems a little lopsided but I'm dropping Rawls as I feel Christine Michael is gonna steal the starting job and selling high on CJ. Feedback?

Still have David Johnson as my RB1 and going to have to work out a flex but I feel like I'm getting slight upgrades as long as Lacy performs.

Ron Mexico

Feeling pretty good about getting C.J. Anderson in the 2nd of my 14 team league now. That offensive line looked pretty good. I did bench Benjamin based on the matchup and snap count but that's a nice sign going forward. Also I may have let the fact that I named my team Sanu Jack City cloud my judgement.

Does anybody play in an elimination pool? I need a lock of the week. fyi, team doesn't need to cover the spread, just win.

Thu, Sep-08 5:30 PM Carolina 20 at Denver 21....... Carolina -3.0
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Buffalo at Baltimore................Baltimore -3.0
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Chicago at Houston................Houston -5.5
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Cincinnati at NY Jets.............. Cincinnati -2.5
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Cleveland at Philadelphia.......Philadelphia -3.5
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Green Bay at Jacksonville...... Green Bay -4.5
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Minnesota at Tennessee.........Minnesota -2.5
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Oakland at New Orleans.........New Orleans -1.5
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM San Diego at Kansas City........Kansas City -6.5
Sun, Sep-11 10:00 AM Tampa Bay at Atlanta.............. Atlanta -2.5
Sun, Sep-11 1:05 PM Miami at Seattle...................... Seattle -10.0
Sun, Sep-11 1:25 PM Detroit at Indianapolis..............Indianapolis -3.0
Sun, Sep-11 1:25 PM NY Giants at Dallas..................Dallas -1.0
Sun, Sep-11 5:30 PM New England at Arizona...........Arizona -6.5
Mon, Sep-12 4:10 PM Pittsburgh at Washington.........Pittsburgh -3.0
Mon, Sep-12 7:20 PM Los Angeles at San Francisco ..Los Angeles -2.5

Seattle seems like the obvious pick but is it a little too obvious....

I took KC in mine for the same reason another poster said-- in the NFC West, there will be better times to burn Seattle.

So I had CJ going in my money league and faced him in the friends' bragging rights league. It's been a hell of a morning.

phanphare

Banned
Monster trade first day

My

Golden Tate
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Hauschka

for his

Eddie Lacy
Eric Decker
Matt Jones
Catanzaro

Seems a little lopsided but I'm dropping Rawls as I feel Christine Michael is gonna steal the starting job and selling high on CJ. Feedback?

Still have David Johnson as my RB1 and going to have to work out a flex but I feel like I'm getting slight upgrades as long as Lacy performs.

not sure I like that trade at all. I think golden tate's gonna eat this season and cj looked great last night. I do think lacy is going to have a big season but it's still a question mark as of this moment and I'm not sure anything else is an upgrade.

Monster trade first day

Er....what? So you're betting

Lacy is better than Anderson
Jones is better than Rawls
Decker is better than Tate

So if you feel it in your gut that Rawls loses his job, then yeah, you sold high to get Matt Jones. But you're also assuming that Anderson gets worse and Lacy gets better. AND you're assuming that Decker (the 1B receiver in the Jets offense) does better than Tate (the WR1 in the Lions offense).

To me? That's crazy. If you felt so strongly about Rawls why not just deal him for Jones straight up? You'd still get someone to agree in a heartbeat. But if you love Lacy then I guess stick with your deal and see it through. It's just a hard deal to balance right now, knowing that

1. Anderson has a major role in the Broncos offense (and Booker is in the doghouse)
2. Lacy has some huge consistency issues to fix
3. Jones has some consistency/injury issues to fix
4. Tate had a good stretch of being elite WR1 when Megatron was out previously

I wouldn't veto it, but it does feel like the other guy is getting a great deal.

VoxPop

not sure I like that trade at all. I think golden tate's gonna eat this season and cj looked great last night. I do think lacy is going to have a big season but it's still a question mark as of this moment and I'm not sure anything else is an upgrade.

Crazymoogie said:
Er....what? So you're betting

Lacy is better than Anderson
Jones is better than Rawls
Decker is better than Tate

So if you feel it in your gut that Rawls loses his job, then yeah, you sold high to get Matt Jones. But you're also assuming that Anderson gets worse and Lacy gets better. AND you're assuming that Decker (the 1B receiver in the Jets offense) does better than Tate (the WR1 in the Lions offense).

To me? That's crazy. If you felt so strongly about Rawls why not just deal him for Jones straight up? You'd still get someone to agree in a heartbeat. But if you love Lacy then I guess stick with your deal and see it through. It's just a hard deal to balance right now, knowing that

1. Anderson has a major role in the Broncos offense (and Booker is in the doghouse)
2. Lacy has some huge consistency issues to fix
3. Jones has some consistency/injury issues to fix
4. Tate had a good stretch of being elite WR1 when Megatron was out previously

I wouldn't veto it, but it does feel like the other guy is getting a great deal.

Yeah it doesn't look that great at second glance. :p

But I drafted 5 Seahawks players (6 if you include ex-Seahawk Golden Tate, unintentionally of course) so I would have zero chance during their bye. I thought this would at least balance me out a little too and now I can drop Booker for something a little more decent.

w2HpV9R.png

necrosis

Monster trade first day

My

Golden Tate
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Hauschka

for his

Eddie Lacy
Eric Decker
Matt Jones
Catanzaro

i...do not like this trade

tate and cj for decker and lacy is, in all likelihood, favorable to you

rawls for matt jones, though, is not. the washington backfield is garbage and matt jones has been fantasy relevant in like one game ever. his career average ypc is like 3. he's also dealing with a shoulder injury

conversely, rawls had a monstrous 2015 season. michael has looked good, but not good enough to run away with the starting job. at worst the two of them will split carries. in a worst case scenario for jones, he doesn't even see the field

basically you traded a wr3 (with upside) and two rb3s (also with upside) for a wr3, a rb2, and a washington rb who may or may not be playable

(i think the kicker situation is a wash)

Yeah it doesn't look that great at second glance. :p

But I drafted 5 Seahawks players (6 if you include ex-Seahawk Golden Tate, unintentionally of course) so I would have zero chance during their bye. I thought this would at least balance me out a little too and now I can drop Booker for something a little more decent.

w2HpV9R.png

Hey, you still have a chance to win the deal. But a couple of lessons here:

1. Having all of your eggs in a bye basket is actually a legit strategy. Sure, you might suck one week, but that means everybody is ready to go the rest of them.

2. I don't have any problem having guys on the same team if the offense is producing, and that's what the Seahawks did last year. Diversification is smart, but you have a season to do that through waivers or individual trades.

3. Don't trust the Yahoo score predictor.

I2amza

Need some advice for my flex spot.

Jordan Matthews vs Cleveland or
Christine Michael vs Miami

I am leaning towards Christine Michael but still debating internally.

necrosis

Need some advice for my flex spot.

Jordan Matthews vs Cleveland or
Christine Michael vs Miami

I am leaning towards Christine Michael but still debating internally.

I would go with CMike. Matthews will likely be matched up with Joe Haden (who, despite having a down-year, should still be considered a solid CB) and will be trying to catch balls thrown by a QB who has never before played in a real NFL game.

Just saw that Jay Ajayi did not travel with the team and won't be Fosters back up this weekend. It'll be Kenyan Drake.

Edit: Now I'm seeing Gronk might not have traveled with the Patriots.

Just saw that Jay Ajayi did not travel with the team and won't be Fosters back up this weekend. It'll be Kenyan Drake.

Edit: Now I'm seeing Gronk might not have traveled with the Patriots.

No way! Can we confirm the Gronk not travelling with Pats story? It'd make me stupid happy (sorry Pats fans)

Gahhhh I'm stuck with Rawls..

Need to pick up CMike.. but our ridiculously short bench (4 slots for 13 spots) is making this hard.

Have to drop:

Derrick Henry
or
Jeremy Langford
or
One of my IDP's...

I don't need CMike this week, I'm starting Spencer Ware/Doug Martin but I'm afeared if he takes the job from Rawls. HALP!

lol I could be a huge dick because I'm number one on the WW, and my opponent has Gronk without a Backup TE...

If your want to drop to the bottom of the wire priority list in one of the most important weeks to have a high priority in order to screw over someone else, go for it...

he wouldn't be using his waiver priority, everyone available should just be a FA
Good point, so it won't matter if he's 1st in the wire then. Still don't see the point of getting rid of someone to make sure another team won't get (possibly) a few extra points, but that's just me

phanphare

Banned
Good point, so it won't matter if he's 1st in the wire then. Still don't see the point of getting rid of someone to make sure another team won't get (possibly) a few extra points, but that's just me

yeah definitely depends on if he has someone worth dropping

I typically only think about blocking my opponent during the playoffs

jfkgoblue

yeah definitely depends on if he has someone worth dropping

I typically only think about blocking my opponent during the playoffs

Yeah I'm not doing it, would rather see how my bench does week 1 then a 2 point projection difference

While on the subject of TE's...

I waited until late to draft my TE's so I got Jimmy Graham and Eric Ebron, apparently Jimmy is playing, but Ebron is still unsure, if Ebron does play, I like him vs the Colts but the Lions not saying for sure is bothering me

necrosis

Thoughts on dropping Ajayi? I'm thinking it's too early still but my options behind Gronk are streaming.

ugh this is a tough call but i've heard and seen nothing but bad things about him; he didn't even travel with the team to seattle

i would be inclined to drop him. the extra roster spot is just too valuable

necrosis

Yeah I'm not doing it, would rather see how my bench does week 1 then a 2 point projection difference

While on the subject of TE's...

I waited until late to draft my TE's so I got Jimmy Graham and Eric Ebron, apparently Jimmy is playing, but Ebron is still unsure, if Ebron does play, I like him vs the Colts but the Lions not saying for sure is bothering me

i prefer ebron's matchup, but yeah, i would wait and see if he's even going to play. is jesse james available? streaming someone like him is also an option if you don't want to play graham

jfkgoblue

i prefer ebron's matchup, but yeah, i would wait and see if he's even going to play. is jesse james available? streaming someone like him is also an option if you don't want to play graham

yea he is, the worst part about Ebron is that he has the 4pm game slot and if it is a game time decision that take Jimmy out of it, so yeah I get what you're saying

Ron Mexico

So for some ungodly reason, Martellus Bennett was still on the waiver wire in my money league where I had Gronk. Adios Ajayi. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Hazelhurst

Monster trade first day

My

Golden Tate
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Hauschka

for his

Eddie Lacy
Eric Decker
Matt Jones
Catanzaro

Wow, that is very lopsided. If Rawls bounces back from his injury from last year, he'll dominate. Nobody will remember who Christine Michael is by the end of the year. Rawls will be a top 10 RB in my opinion. I'm trying to trade for Rawls in my leagues.

natjjohn

With news of Gronk being out, who would you start. PPR

Gates vs. Bennett

Had Gates, but thinking Bennett is the better choice now.

Ron Mexico

With news of Gronk being out, who would you start. PPR

Gates vs. Bennett

Had Gates, but thinking Bennett is the better choice now.

I'm thinking it has to be Bennett here. I was seeing Bennett and Gates projected to be close with a healthy Gronk. It's why I was shocked to see him floating on the waiver wire.

As for the Seattle RB situation, am I the only one who's getting NE vibes from them? Maybe they'll settle on a featured back sooner or later but there's just something uncomfortable with them in fantasy.

Cappa

Banned
Playing a guy this week who decided to bench CJ and Kelvin...thanks worst owner in the league.

CJ Anderson was being draft at the latest 3rd round... really good to waste such a high pick on a player just to bench him. That's likepeople drafting Cam Newton and then considering benching him, why. PLAY YOUR STUDS!!!!!

Kelvin is understandable since, if you drafted properly, Kelvin should be at worst your WR2 and ideally your WR3. We were being told all week hed be on a limited snap count(which he wasnt since he lead all receivers in snaps).

Monster trade first day

My

Golden Tate
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Hauschka

for his

Eddie Lacy
Eric Decker
Matt Jones
Catanzaro

sorry that trade is terrible for you.

I value Tate more than Decker.

CJA much much much more than Lacy.

Rawls is a beast.

natjjohn

Monster trade first day

My

Golden Tate
CJ Anderson
Thomas Rawls
Hauschka

for his

Eddie Lacy
Eric Decker
Matt Jones
Catanzaro

You got fleeced I think. You'll need some breaks for the trade to work in your favor. Something like CJ Anderson's leg breaking and somehow Matt Jones becomes good.

Who is behind foster now that Ajayi isn't traveling with the team, Williams? Not a good sign at all for his future since it was non injury related..

Beach

Pick 3 please

Dez Bryant
Golden Tate
Decker
Crabtree

Normally I would just go with the first three but Crabtree against the Saints and Decker against the Bengals has me thinking

natjjohn

Pick 3 please

Dez Bryant
Golden Tate
Decker
Crabtree

Normally I would just go with the first three but Crabtree against the Saints and Decker against the Bengals has me thinking

Bench Decker

I have another one. PPR

Duke Johnson vs. Jeremy Maclin

RBH

Tyler Lockett (SEA) vs. Miami
OR
Will Fuller (HOU) vs. Chicago
OR
Christine Michael (SEA) vs. Miami?

(PPR league)

Jarnet87

Flex spot in PPR league options:

Christine Michael
Danny Woodhead
Jordan Matthews

What to do?

I rank them Woodhead 1, Michael 2, Matthews 3.

Tyler Lockett (SEA) vs. Miami
OR
Will Fuller (HOU) vs. Chicago
OR
Christine Michael (SEA) vs. Miami?

(PPR league)

Michael 1, Fuller 2, Lockett 3.

I own Matthews and Michael in a .5 PPR league and playing Michael over Matthews in the flex for week 1. Just don't know what to expect with Matthews or the Eagles offense week 1.

12 Man PPR.

(Didnt draft a RB till round 5)

QB: Russell
RB: D. Murray
RB: M. Jones
WR: Julio
WR: Cooper
FLEX: Cooks
TE: Gates
K: Gostkowski
D: Cards

Bench: Chris Ivory
Bench: James White
Bench: Boldin
Bench: Chris Hogan
Bench: D. Parker
Bench: Tajae Sharpe

Okay so the million dollar question is this: Do I swap Matt Jones with James White knowing that the Cards are crap against pass catching tailbacks, and Gronk is out?

I just need that push. I dont trust Matt Jones.

Top Bottom