• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 4 - At Least You're Not The Browns

dionysus

Yaldog
Posted this in the old thread.

I took till week three for my hope in the saints to go 8-8 to die.

Sean Payton is a good coach who is going to let loyalty to his position coaches sink him. Bill Johnson is still the defensive line coach and seen 3 different DCs and they have only ever had a pass rush for 1 year since 2009 when he got there. Most of the other defensive assistants have also survived multiple DCs.

Loomis our GM has also gotten comfortable. The sad truth is that our owner is basically dying, there is a succession fight on who is going to get control over the team next, and in this power vacuum it looks like Loomis and Payton have become complacent and there is no accountability in the organization. The last few years the hard facts point to Loomis and the player evaluation department being the worst in the league. Drafting has been average or below, free agency acquisitions have without a doubt been the worst in the league, and cap management has been atrocious.

I feel like Payton and Loomis can be great again like they were from 2006 and on, but they need accountability and a little fire under their ass. With a absent ownership, this isn't likely to happen.

Deal and I'll be your new best friend even.

tumblr_llvb5n8T041qbwakso1_500.jpg

those shirts are dope

Yeah I want to find them maybe wear it to the game

I'm not sure which game I'm going to. I thinks it's the jets game.

@ NY or Miami?

Jets at Dolphins. 11/6. I live in St Pete. I'm just hoping my friends aren't going to go too crazy down there.

I went to opening Bucs home game Sunday. Skybox seats. Thank Christ for AC, because it was hot as balls outside.

Hindl

Fuck fall got here quick. It literally went from a week of 80 degree weather to the next day being a high of 65 with the morning and night being in the 50s.

Bread

Banned
Fuck fall got here quick. It literally went from a week of 80 degree weather to the next day being a high of 65 with the morning and night being in the 50s.
it was in the 60s last week and it's back up to the high 90s this week :(

at least it's cool enough at night to not need AC

Jets at Dolphins. 11/6. I live in St Pete. I'm just hoping my friends aren't going to go too crazy down there.

I went to opening Bucs home game Sunday. Skybox seats. Thank Christ for AC, because it was hot as balls outside.

Ah ok, I might go to a jets game in Miami next year, been trying for a few years to go watch a game but something always comes up.

Did they meet Bo Jackson?

I don't know but I heard they had beers with Drew Bledsoe

Fall? What is that

Hindl

Fuck fall. I am freezing cold in the AMs now.

Agreed. Growing up in the Northeast, especially near the ocean, has made me start moving against fall. Summer is the best and winter is the worst, and fall and spring I go back and forth on. However, fall means the end of summer and the move toward winter and cold as it goes on, while Spring warms up and turns to summer. Fall has football as its redemption. But Summer > Spring > Fall > Winter

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Posted this in the old thread.

I took till week three for my hope in the saints to go 8-8 to die.

Sean Payton is a good coach who is going to let loyalty to his position coaches sink him. Bill Johnson is still the defensive line coach and seen 3 different DCs and they have only ever had a pass rush for 1 year since 2009 when he got there. Most of the other defensive assistants have also survived multiple DCs.

Loomis our GM has also gotten comfortable. The sad truth is that our owner is basically dying, there is a succession fight on who is going to get control over the team next, and in this power vacuum it looks like Loomis and Payton have become complacent and there is no accountability in the organization. The last few years the hard facts point to Loomis and the player evaluation department being the worst in the league. Drafting has been average or below, free agency acquisitions have without a doubt been the worst in the league, and cap management has been atrocious.

I feel like Payton and Loomis can be great again like they were from 2006 and on, but they need accountability and a little fire under their ass. With a absent ownership, this isn't likely to happen.

Thanks for the write up.

We have a surprising lack of Saints fans left here after having too many to count in 2009/2010!

Seems really really odd to me.

Pepiope

Agreed. Growing up in the Northeast, especially near the ocean, has made me start moving against fall. Summer is the best and winter is the worst, and fall and spring I go back and forth on. However, fall means the end of summer and the move toward winter and cold as it goes on, while Spring warms up and turns to summer. Fall has football as its redemption. But Summer > Spring > Fall > Winter
This is why I may move to the worst coast in a few years. I want Summer and nothing else.

Bread

Banned
the dieg is wonderful but i really miss those cold rainy nights where you can put on some sweats and drink liquor

i guess that's why seattle exists though, it's a good vacation spot for us diegers.

Euron

Oh so it's in Community again. Nice.

I don't know what to think of the Monday night matchup. On paper, they should shut us out completely and Eli should throw like 6 picks. But then again so should the Panthers last year and that was a much worse defense.

I know history is completely against us but come on, we're the New York Football Giants! Anything is possible!
We could have the first negative score in history!

Fuck fall. I am freezing cold in the AMs now.

This is why I may move to the worst coast in a few years. I want Summer and nothing else.

wtf is wrong with you two. Fall is the best season. Finally cool enough to exist outdoors. Nice crisp mornings that are so refreshing to walk in. The beautiful colors of the fall leaves and that delightful scent the air gets as the drop from the trees. Putting on a nice cozy sweater and sipping a nice cup of hot coffee. Enjoying a cold beer around a cozy firepit. The best sunsets! The best season for food. Football is here, and it comes in the best time of year. You are absolutely insane.

Listen to this and ignore the fact that it has non-flattering lyrics

How are you not dying for this?

Pepiope

Call it worst coast
Move there just for the weather

Eagles fans.
I'd probably move back a few weeks later after experiencing an earthquake.

The weather is the only reason people live over there.

wtf is wrong with you two. Fall is the best season. Finally cool enough to exist outdoors. Nice crisp mornings that are so refreshing to walk in. The beautiful colors of the fall leaves and that delightful scent the air gets as the drop from the trees. Putting on a nice cozy sweater and sipping a nice cup of hot coffee. Enjoying a cold beer around a cozy firepit. The best sunsets! The best season for food. Football is here, and it comes in the best time of year. You are absolutely insane.

How are you not dying for this?
I've had a cold since this weekend because it has been 55 and windy outside. That is not cool.

this_guy

Fall is awesome for the Oktoberfest beers. Only animu fans don't like Oktoberfest beers. You non fall loving people can go drink your wine coolers.

WedgeX

Banned
Detroit sports media is currently at odds over blaming Caldwell or Quinn for the losing.

All the while Bobby Lane is laughing.

Go Niners, friend!

thanks pal, you're always there to lift my spirits!

in other news, forza horizon 3 is the first xbone game i've purchased since halo V and it is incredible. also, i got the digital version and tested it out on pc... the xbone version definitely holds its own. looks incredible.

i've seen some of my nfl-age bro ghosts while racing too!

Striker

Eli is 2-5 against Vikes, never throwing for more than 1 TD in a game, and has thrown 4 picks twice w/ 14 pcks in 7 games.

against Zimmer's D last year: Vikes 47- NYG 17, 3 picks, 4 sacks. Jerrick McKinnon 2 rushing TDs.

Should be fun!
Last year's game he had Will Tye and Reuben Randle as his best receivers. It was a recipe for disaster.

Hindl

Want Forza Horizon 3 on PC but seems like it needs a performance patch. I think I'll wait till that demo drops to see how it runs.

Also all those Destiny 2 leaks sound interesting

thanks pal, you're always there to lift my spirits!

in other news, forza horizon 3 is the first xbone game i've purchased since halo V and it is incredible. also, i got the digital version and tested it out on pc... the xbone version definitely holds its own. looks incredible.

i've seen some of my nfl-age bro ghosts while racing too!

why you no play xbone with me and mech? :(

Top Bottom