• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 4 - At Least You're Not The Browns

bionic77

New experiences in video games are over for us old man. I told you this before. You need to admit it to yourself.
Haven't seen anything new since the PS2 era. Its all been the same shit with a new coat of paint for the most part.

I guess the Wii and DS were new but that was at the same time or right after the PS2 era and the Wii phenomenon only lasted 2-3 years as I recall. Also, only the DS really added something I liked. While the Wii was fun, a lot of it was not really improving gameplay (some notable exceptions like Galaxy and the last Zelda, but a lot was just replacing a button with the waggle).

VR is the first new thing I have seen since that time.

The high-end VR stuff is definitely legit. Especially for cockpit sims where you have the right peripherals...driving sims with a really good wheel setsup, or flight/space sims with a nice HOTAS.
VR seems really cool and the impressions are all glowing for high end VR stuff. But at the same time I don't really like any of the games that benefit from VR (the ones you mentioned or FPS).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I already canceled my PSVR preorder. It won't be going anywhere

Have to wait for the killer apps.

Honestly I can live without PS4 Pro or PSVR anyway. I'm just not excited about either right now. I'm way more curious about NX! Also the long wait for the 11XX series Nvidia cards. Supposedly there's going to be a massive jump in power but they always say that.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
VR seems really cool and the impressions are all glowing for high end VR stuff. But at the same time I don't really like any of the games that benefit from VR (the ones you mentioned or FPS).

What if there's a first-person VR NFL Blitz where you can constantly go after Brady?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also the long wait for the 11XX series Nvidia cards. Supposedly there's going to be a massive jump in power but they always say that.

The high-end CG market in particular has been waiting for Nvidia's Volta lineup. We'll have to see how it translates to the consumer side of things.

Hindl

After last week can't support Oculus. Vive looks like it has the coolest shit, so I kinda wanna grab that. PSVR looks like it'll be cool, and Sony will throw weight behind it for a while. But I'm not even using my PS4 that much, so I think I might just wait. I've had my 970 coming on 2 years now, so I may just wait another 2 years and see where VR is once I upgrade my GPU

Zeke

He can play on Sunday though, and if he's out it'll only be a couple weeks. Not as bad as you guys made it seem.
I don't want him on the field with our lock he'd come out of that game even more injured. Just throw butler in the lineup and let the chips fall where they may, no pun intended.

gutshot

I tried the Rift and it gave me some of the worst motion sickness ever. I don't think I'll be able to enjoy VR unless they sort that out somehow.

bionic77

What if there's a first-person VR NFL Blitz where you can constantly go after Brady?
Only if it has a bonus section where I get to control RBH and Rando trying to patch up the mess made on the field and Brady's life is literally in my hands.

Yeah, I would drop a few grand for that experience and that game.

I am sure many others would as well.

So my co-workers went to Tommys for lunch...couldn't help myself and I went along :( hopefully I'm not paying for this later but man it was so freaking good

Hindl

You're right, Doug is out of a completely different mold isn't he?

No,fair, he's Andy Reid with good clock management. We'll see what happens when he's in a close game situation, so it doesn't mean much yet. But his clock management has been the polar opposite of Reid's so far. Even in games where the Eagles would be blowing out opponents, Reid would blow timeouts for no reason due to not having everything communicated. Hasn't happened yet with Doug

Ctd15yTWIAAyeTl.jpg

It's hilarious how thin our roster is, I don't understand fans that keep expecting playoffs from a first year coach with this roster...even at full health it's below average...

gutshot

No,fair, he's Andy Reid with good clock management. We'll see what happens when he's in a close game situation, so it doesn't mean much yet. But his clock management has been the polar opposite of Reid's so far. Even in games where the Eagles would be blowing out opponents, Reid would blow timeouts for no reason due to not having everything communicated. Hasn't happened yet with Doug

I don't think we'll see too many blown timeouts due to communication delays. Doug really streamlined a lot of that stuff. To his credit, he has shown an ability to be flexible in places where Reid was often way too stubborn for his own good.

Hindl

I don't think we'll see too many blown timeouts due to communication delays. Doug really streamlined a lot of that stuff. To his credit, he has shown an ability to be flexible in places where Reid was often way too stubborn for his own good.

Yeah he's seriously impressed me so far. He seems willing to listen to people more experienced than him when he needs help. Still, need to see how he acts when he's behind in a game and pressures on, and how the team handles losses. It's easy to be so happy and friendly and close-knit when the team is winning. A string of losses is different. I think they'll be fine, but still.

I'm sorry friend :( If it helps I'll be watching the first quarter via twitter while I wait for class to start but I'm missing most of the game :( I'll be with you in spirit.
It's okay, I actually found a cure for the pain while watching Dolphins games. A couple of my buddies convinced me to play Minecraft with them and I finally gave in. While the Browns game was happening I was digging the deepest hole I possibly could to bury myself in, it was surprisingly therapeutic.

(Three and out)

*dig dig dig dig*

(Browns TD)

*dig dig dig dig*

(Tannehill fumble)

*DIGDIGDIGDIG*

gutshot

Love this retrospective on the 1991 Eagles defense (take note of all the hits that would be penalized today, man the game has changed). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V-AZIKwkc0

I remember Randall blowing out his knee and being absolutely crushed. In fact, I remember in school later that year our teacher asked us what the saddest day of our life had been and I told him the day Randall blew out his knee LOL. But that defense was so dominant and so fun to watch and they nearly carried a parade of journeymen QBs to the playoffs.

It wasn't until JJ in the early 2000s that we had a defense that good again. I feel like this defense has a chance to come close to those two eras.

It's okay, I actually found a cure for the pain while watching Dolphins games. A couple of my buddies convinced me to play Minecraft with them and I finally gave in. While the Browns game was happening I was digging the deepest hole I possibly could to bury myself in, it was surprisingly therapeutic.

(Three and out)

*dig dig dig dig*

(Browns TD)

*dig dig dig dig*

(Tannehill fumble)

*DIGDIGDIGDIG*

Hmm I might need to try this...drinking my pain away doesn't seem like the best idea...I suggested that to skla...and I haven't seen him around recently...

Top Bottom