• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Have you tried teaching the special education field Yankee? Or being a dispatcher?
I have friends learning to teach special education because teachers are needed.

No I had never considered that, what is a dispatcher? The weirdest thing is the Philly school district desperately needs science and math teachers and I am at the very top of both, but they are being super nazi's about this you have to give 60 days notice before you resign thing. I let them know the second I found out but it was less then 60 days so I am blacklisted forever. Such a strange stance for them to take.

No I had never considered that, what is a dispatcher? The weirdest thing is the Philly school district desperately needs science and math teachers and I am at the very top of both, but they are being super nazi's about this you have to give 60 days notice before you resign thing. I let them know the second I found out but it was less then 60 days so I am blacklisted forever. Such a strange stance for them to take.

It's an absolutely ridiculous stance, and broken, and I actually wonder if William Hite knows about it at all.

Hmm, there was a stat I saw that said otherwise. Maybe it was for one season or something.

Edit: http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-sea...cam-newton-have-taken-the-most-hits-among-qbs
http://es.pn/1QyZGjf

Older article I suppose, so maybe out of date.

Maybe from scrambling? Because up to the end of last year Tannehill has been sacked more than any other QB and Luck wasn't far behind before he got hurt. (Tannehill is 7th so far this year...which is a huge improvement :/)

Edit: Ah seems they are counting runs in your link, Tannehill doesn't run as often

Fantomex

We'll know better tomorrow but if things get bad we'll leave.

Stay safe out there Gata.

That's what turns me off about Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson. Dual threat QB's have such an uphill battle once they lose their legs. Wussle scrambles, but it's usually for the first down when all hell broke lose in the pocket. He's made himself into a Pocket QB who has legs to evade sacks. Lamar and Deshaun always want to run after the first read is covered.

gutshot

Could you try to get a teaching job in South Jersey or something? Sounds like the Philly school board are just dumbasses.

Could you try to get a teaching job in South Jersey or something? Sounds like the Philly school board are just dumbasses.

Yeah that is what we are going to look into next, the only problem is NJ has a homegrown teachers law so you have to live in Jersey. Our original plan was to move to langhorne and stay in my moms place for a while until we get settled and could go and look at houses in philly. My mom is living in Florida right now so she isnt using her house, my brother is staying there but he would share it with us no problem. Jersey might be a good option though, we would still be super close to family which is the most important thing.

I don't know if the NJ school districts are the same, but any state government job in NJ requires NJ residency. He's better off looking at the main line, or bucks county. You could easily live in Powelton Village or something like that and commute up Lancaster Ave to the main line relatively quickly. Similarly, you could live in the NE and commute to lower bucks county, or even some places in Montgomery county pretty easily.

Edit: FWIW there are a ton of great schools in Bucks County. Castle Rock district is one of the best in the state.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Maybe from scrambling? Because up to the end of last year Tannehill has been sacked more than any other QB and Luck wasn't far behind before he got hurt. (Tannehill is 7th so far this year...which is a huge improvement :/)

Edit: Ah seems they are counting runs in your link, Tannehill doesn't run as often

More importantly, he's always smart when he runs.

I just don't believe it's protests about the protests. I feel cord cutting is getting more popular and finding alternative viewing means can be a pain in the ass

Agreed. Can't imagine protesting the anthem thing is having that large an effect. If anything, all the head injuries are turning people off. Sport might actually be getting too violent for some people.

Fantomex

:jnc no one is boycotting the NFL over anthem protests. Rednecks love football too much.

They also love to whip.

WaByCsf.gif

jbug617

Banned
Rex Ryan being a Trump guy is upsetting some people in the Bills locker room
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/donald-trump-is-tearing-the-nfl-apart/

The player, who is black, emphasized that teammates’ frustration with their coach’s public endorsement was not universal. But in private discussions, he said, “Some of the African-American players on the team weren’t happy about Rex doing that.

”Indeed, said another black player on the Bills who requested anonymity to speak freely about tensions swirling with a combination of protests led by Colin Kaepernick and a combustible candidate: “I see Trump as someone who is hostile to people of color, and the fact that Rex supports him made me look at him completely differently, and not in a positive way.”

Incognito is a Trump guy
Richie Incognito, the offensive lineman notorious for a bullying scandal that included racial slurs and who has now become a force in the Bills clubhouse—insists that Trump’s winning message has resonated with NFL players like him.

“I think that he can help this nation get back to a world superpower,” Incognito told B/R Mag. “Where I think he could help is putting us first again and having that—it's my mentality, too—having that tough attitude where you put America first and everyone's thinking we're the greatest nation in the world. Don't mess with America. That toughness is where I identify with him.”

BR polling of players votes for the election
20 of 22 black NFL players plan to vote for Hillary Clinton.
2 of 22 black NFL players plan to vote for Donald J. Trump.
21 of 21 white NFL players plan to vote for Trump.

Article mentions that NFL locker rooms tend to lead to conservatives and mentions Trumps connections in sports (Pats, Dikta, Rodman etc).

MechDX

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 14m14 minutes ago
Bears place wide receiver Kevin White on injured reserve with fractured left fibula and a high-ankle sprain

Damn.

Also Phil Spencer just announced VooDoo Vince Remastered for the Xbox One! Nice.

Damn.

Also Phil Spencer just announced VooDoo Vince Remastered for the Xbox One! Nice.

God damn MS just keeps killing it. Really cool how they are bring back games like that. Hopefully we get a Kotor remake announcement soon. I really want to play through that game again.

Dispatcher, people
who help drivers with directions and scanning places to avoid or need with help.

Sorry to hear about your situation in Philly.

Real talk, I think the team will win some games now that they're at home and the schedule is easing up. Gotta get to 7-9 or 8-8 somehow.

This is how I think it'll go down

Win - Titans

Loss - Steelers

Split either one
Bills
Jets

Split either one
Chargers
Rams

Win - 49ers

Win - Ravens

Loss - Cardinals

Split either one
Jets
Bills

Win - Pats

We finish 7-9

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Tough to say. VR was always going to take a few years to get going, and it might always just be a high-end niche product. PSVR should be mildly successful, because even if the technology isn't as good, Sony seems to be throwing some weight behind it and making deals. But, they have a tendency of cutting off peripherals with no real mention if they aren't doing well. VR is still cool, the software just isn't there yet. Problem with PSVR is just that the PS4 isn't strong enough. We'll see though.

Even on the higher-end with Vive and Rift, most people are seeing VR as being ina very early adopter phase. As in "likely 10 years away from mainstream" early.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Apple stores have reached peak hipster

Waiting to get my screen fixed and myself and all the other customers are all sitting on haphazardly arranged wooden stools straight out of IKEA like a bunch of assholes.

bionic please explain if you can still type while wearing your skinny jeans

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Apple stores have reached peak hipster

Waiting to get my screen fixed and myself and all the other customers are all sitting on haphazardly arranged wooden stools straight out of IKEA like a bunch of assholes.

bionic please explain if you can still type while wearing your skinny jeans

He's moving on to cargo shorts.

Mindlog

Even on the higher-end with Vive and Rift, most people are seeing VR as being ina very early adopter phase. As in "likely 10 years away from mainstream" early.
This is really the early 'mass-adoption' phase though. Early adopters worked hard for 20-30 years to get here. However, for some reason sales expectations are incredibeyond reasonable.

We're in the Zack era of VR.
8nhX1It.jpg

Slingin' Sam Bradford made his rounds around the Twin Cities today and in doing so he accomplished the following.

1. Performed 87 baptisms at the orphanage.
2. Saved 26 kittens from trees.
3. Walked 134 old ladies and their groceries all the way home.
4. Had sex with my mother.
5. Had sex with your mother.
6. Ate a delicious meal at Stout's Pub.
7. Walked around the U of M campus and 59 college girls were instantly pregnant.
8. Took all the dogs in the city for a walk and run.
9. To be determined.
10. To be determined.

Still time in the day for him to cure cancer and end world hunger.

Top Bottom