• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Hindl

Even on the higher-end with Vive and Rift, most people are seeing VR as being ina very early adopter phase. As in "likely 10 years away from mainstream" early.

I'm not sure about 10 years, maybe 4-5. I see the early adopter phase being Oculus DK2. I actually got one of those, and it felt like that early going. These consumer products feel like the 1st iPhone. It's doing alright out of the gate and there's a lot of hype, but the actual product is kinda disappointing once the novelty wears off. In a few years when they refine the technology and software starts coming out I could see it taking off. But even then I'm not sure these will become wildly popular in the mainstream

Mindlog

Magic Leap is the thing that's supposed to blow everyone's nuts off in the near future.
We'll see.

Plenty of people draw hard lines between AR/VR, but really they're two paths to the same end.

Hindl

Magic Leap is the thing that's supposed to blow everyone's nuts off in the near future.
We'll see.

Plenty of people draw hard lines between AR/VR, but really they're two paths to the same end.

Once I was with a few people in a game jam and we taped a Magic Leap to the front of a DK2. It let us do the first person view and you could see your hands and use that to "pyshically" press buttons in the world without any controllers. Combining the two technologies was really cool

Darkest, sKLa!!! We did it!!!

@HimmelrichNFL now3 seconds ago
Max Himmelrich Retweeted Adam Beasley
DeVante Parker is apparently now eating breakfast.

@AdamHBeasley
Gase said DeVante Parker has shown real improvement when it comes to being a professional.

We'll see.

The problem with AR is that it requires multiple times the processing power of VR to do almost anything. With VR you have a completely simulated reality, so it requires nothing but a perspective change in order to adjust where something is displayed. With AR you have to be reactive to external world changes, which leads to massive problems with your ability to interpret remote sensing data, react to the changes in the environment, compute a new AR overly which is adjusted to the real world changes, and then display it rapidly. I met a guy who works for Army Research Labs when we were doing a brief on how we were using big data analytics for maritime threat evaluation in hopes we could form a CRADA with Army ARL. He specialized in data visualization and was focused on researching ways the Army could use AR/VR for combat ops. Really interesting guy. He explained the amount of hurdles to AR, especially full visual range AR to me, and they are so daunting I believe it's vastly further off than quality VR is.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Are there any Packer dive bars outside of the US? I wouldn't mind planning a trip around that.

As it stands, I might try to do some camping/weed tourism in Colorado before the snow blankets the area, and I know there's Packer fans there.

Milchjon

I'm in the Italian mountains and totally out of the loop.

Why did Fanto get junior'd?

Rex Ryan being a Trump guy is upsetting some people in the Bills locker room
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/donald-trump-is-tearing-the-nfl-apart/

Incognito is a Trump guy

BR polling of players votes for the election

Article mentions that NFL locker rooms tend to lead to conservatives and mentions Trumps connections in sports (Pats, Dikta, Rodman etc).

Everything about this is fucking infuriating.

jmdajr

story_title-332-large-1024.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Such an old.

When are you getting married to your bae, friend?

Next year probably!

May have it in St Louis (we're right in the middle for everyone we'd ever invite from Wisconsin, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas) or we may do a destination wedding. Not sure yet to be honest.

She's talking about wanting to try for kids next year so that'll be a thing.

Slo

Next year probably!

May have it in St Louis (we're right in the middle for everyone we'd ever invite from Wisconsin, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas) or we may do a destination wedding. Not sure yet to be honest.

She's talking about wanting to try for kids next year so that'll be a thing.

Destination wedding? I guess I'll just send a card. :(

Fantomex

Just the push I needed. I bid all of you adieu! I need to focus on coaching. These kids have to win the owl in soccer this year. Find me on fourfourtwo in the analysis sections making use out of the 4-5-1 to switch it to a 4-3-3 when we're up by 2 goals.

giphy.gif

Just the push I needed. I bid all of you adieu! I need to focus on coaching. These kids have to win the owl in soccer this year. Find me on fourfourtwo in the analysis sections making use out of the 4-5-1 to switch it to a 4-3-3 when we're up by 2 goals.

giphy.gif

Why would you wait until you have the lead before switching to a more attacking formation?

bionic77

Apple stores have reached peak hipster

Waiting to get my screen fixed and myself and all the other customers are all sitting on haphazardly arranged wooden stools straight out of IKEA like a bunch of assholes.

bionic please explain if you can still type while wearing your skinny jeans
I try to avoid Apple stores. Way too crowded.

I only go down occasionally to check out new hardware (such as the watch I just ordered). Some shit I have to try before I buy.

Apple was the best before the iPhone when no one fucking knew about it. You were treated like a king of nerds when you went down there to buy something or get it fixed. Now when you go in a store it is packed with 100 people waiting to get their iPhone fixed and the rest of the store is filled with bums who want to browse on the iPads and computers.

Also, Yankee check out Doylestown. That is a bomb ass town to live in. I live in Allentown and I need to because of where my practice areas are located, but Doylestown had a lot of the best schools in the state and I just liked its character (rich white people).

Allentown is not bad but it is not a major city. If you are ever in the area hit me up. You can come over and play my various playstation products.

I try to avoid Apple stores. Way too crowded.

I only go down occasionally to check out new hardware (such as the watch I just ordered). Some shit I have to try before I buy.

Apple was the best before the iPhone when no one fucking knew about it. You were treated like a king of nerds when you went down there to buy something or get it fixed. Now when you go in a store it is packed with 100 people waiting to get their iPhone fixed and the rest of the store is filled with bums who want to browse on the iPads and computers.

Also, Yankee check out Doylestown. That is a bomb ass town to live in. I live in Allentown and I need to because of where my practice areas are located, but Doylestown had a lot of the best schools in the state and I just liked its character (rich white people).

Allentown is not bad but it is not a major city. If you are ever in the area hit me up. You can come over and play my various playstation products.

I had no idea you where in allentown. I would totally come look at your PS4, maybe we could even watch a movie on it, hell by the time I get back east it might even have some games for it. I love Doylestown, I used to hang out there a bunch.

bionic77

I had no idea you where in allentown. I would totally come look at your PS4, maybe we could even watch a movie on it, hell by the time I get back east it might even have some games for it. I love Doylestown, I used to hang out there a bunch.
Just promise me when you come over you tell these dumb assholes that the rug really ties the whole room together.

giphy.gif

Say it ain't so Fanto!! :(

Prefer to spend the money on the Pro. I'll wait for it to mature a bit more. Right now, RE7 is really the only enticing thing I actually want to play on it.

Yeah I'll probably get a pro too....I really want to try those space games coming out.

Would anyone want a blu-ray copy of Star Trek Beyond? I'm ordering the special edition on amazon...but Wal-mart has a pre-order bonus where I get three small star ships...but I don't need two copies of the movie...I'll ship it free anywhere in the US (Movie is free too)

Would anyone want a blu-ray copy of Star Trek Beyond? I'm ordering the special edition on amazon...but Wal-mart has a pre-order bonus where I get three small star ships...but I don't need two copies of the movie...I'll ship it free anywhere in the US (Movie is free too)
Sure. I would love that. My wife and I both really liked it.

Only free shipping in the US?!

Garbage customer service.

3/10 would never order.

That's a really nice thing to do, I'm proud to call you my Shirtless Friend ☺️.

Top Bottom