• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

MechDX

Mike GarafoloVerified account
‏@MikeGarafolo
Giants OC Mike Sullivan going off on DBs playing mind games with Beckham. "They're not confident enough in their abilities, not courageous."

Doc-Rivers.gif

Stop picking on my wide receiver!

What a marshmallow

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It would be great if the Niners somehow pull out a victory for my birthday, but I expect either a complete blowout or a close game in the first half before the wheels come off.

The Giants winning yesterday is good enough!

bionic77

Being sick is the worst.

Though I did get to watch some tv today.

Arrested Development is just as great as I remembered.

It would be great if the Niners somehow pull out a victory for my birthday, but I expect either a complete blowout or a close game in the first half before the wheels come off.

The Giants winning yesterday is good enough!
They should have a chance with no Carson. Meaning Cards are going to run, run and run.

jmdajr

Being sick is the worst.

Though I did get to watch some tv today.

Arrested Development is just as great as I remembered.

I had a pretty good workout routine going and then some cold or whatever I had derailed everything. I get back to it a week and half later and it feels like the earths gravity increased 3 fold.

sucks.

I had a pretty good workout routine going and then some cold or whatever I had derailed everything. I get back to it a week and half later and it feels like the earths gravity increased 3 fold.

sucks.

Happened to me just this past weekend, I was doing great but then my sister came down to visit for 4 days...skipped the gym from Thursday to Tuesday this last week and when i went back on Wednesday it was almost like I hadn't been to the gym in years :/

Well that makes me feel slightly better...because that looked like an awful throw that he never makes.

False, Luck used to always chase down defenders until he was told to stop to preserve his health.

Side note: here is that time Burfict hit Luck, and got hurt afterwards.

vantaze-burfict-shaken-up-after-hitting-andrew-luck.gif

Tough QBs are so fun too watch.

Let us not forget the legendary (gone too soon!) Christian Ponder!

24EEtIw.gif

bionic77

Why do I have the really bad feeling that good Fitz is going to show up against the Steelers on Sunday?

God that is going to hurt if he ends up beating us and styling on the defense.

bionic77

TIL Yankee and his wife are prostitutes.

Actually I think it's cool his wife games with him. I wish my wife would more frequently.
Yankee and his wife are not prostitutes.

But if that were true only one of them would be a prostitute. The other one would be the pimp.

Educate yourself.

bionic77

I thought MS was the pimp.
Online pimping.

I never thought of that.

We definitely have the technology for it. Though with how slow the interface is on Xbox they probably have to conduct their pimp/ho meetings via the PS4 or something more modern than what the One offers. Since it is MS everyone probably does it on a Macbook or iPad.

Online pimping.

I never thought of that.

We definitely have the technology for it. Though with how slow the interface is on Xbox they probably have to conduct their pimp/ho meetings via the PS4 or something more modern than what the One offers. Since it is MS everyone probably does it on a Macbook or iPad.
Yeah you definitely wouldn't want to do meetings on Xbox one since it has games and features it would distract you PS4 is definitely the better choice because of that

Internal memo says NFL will fine teams up to $100,000 for posting social media video during games

NFL...Pls

The NFL recently sent a memo to its teams saying they'll be fined $25,000 for posting unapproved video during games, according to a copy of the notice that was obtained by Mashable.

And that's just for a first offense; a second infraction will draw a $50,000 fine. Any thereafter will draw a fine of "up to" $100,000 as well as "loss of rights to post League-Controlled Content (including game footage)."

That includes GIFs from previous games of players celebrating, or even pop culture GIFs such as tangentially relevant quotes from Seinfeld or other TV shows. So, for now at least, even moving images of Harambe are off limits during games (let's pour a little out for him yet again).

On Twitter, for example, the memo says "video may not be posted from kickoff until 60 minutes after the conclusion of the game" by teams. The exception is "club 're-posts' of League video."

In the NFL season opener, Darian Stewart of the Broncos was fined $18,231 for an illegal hit on league MVP Cam Newton. Under the new guidelines, had the Broncos or Panthers then used Twitter to post video of the hit that was not a "re-post" of a "League video," the team could be hit with a $25,000 fine — more than Stewart was fined for delivering the illegal hit in the first place.

Also striking some as curious is that the decree came a month into the current NFL season, thus forcing teams to adjust their strategies with relatively little planning. Could that be related to NFL ratings being some 10 percent down on major networks so far this season?

"We recognize the importance of social for clubs and look to balance increasing flexibility while building long-term strategic value," McCarthy said via email. "We continue to update and evolve our policies to drive engagement and fan development."

The new guidelines do loosen some restrictions on social media use during the week for teams. But game-days are by far when teams find the most engagement, which then in many cases carries them through the week — thus explaining much of the frustration with the new rules.

So if your favorite NFL team's social feeds seem a little drier and more — well, boring — on game-days the rest of this season, now you know why.

smh this is so stupid...I love how the Dolphins Twitter puts up videos and gifs right away...

MechDX

http://www.battleredblog.com/2016/1...on-texans-week-five-preview-minnesota-vikings

Their current war chief, Teddy Bridgewater, will not be seen on Sunday as he found a convenient way of avoiding the swarm of heroic Texans defense by tearing his ACL during a practice where, according to objective Ministry sources, the only things that came in contact with the quarterback were a goose down pillow and Ernest, his ultra-plush teddy bear.

“It was the bear that did it,” said Bridgewater, probably. “The cushy pillow was almost too much for me to bear,” he paused for laughs but respectable, stoic Ministry reporters refuse to laugh at puns. “But Ernest...man, Ernest just shattered my knee like it was nothing.”

Instead of the simpering Bridgewater, the overcompensatingly hairy Vikings will use probable serial killer Sam Bradford to guide their team to inevitable failure.

Damn I love these!

Anyone else getting the new Gears? With the extended weekend, thinking of pulling the trigger on the Ultimate edition thing.

Feels like its been forever since I've played one.

A bunch of us are. Me and bread, for sure, I believe Boban is as well. Definitely get it. Horde 3.0 looks fantastic, and all the mp modes are now playable against bots and it was super fun in the beta.

I've got it preordered as well.

Top Bottom