• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Fox318

Yeah...probably...one can only hope it turns out good.

think of the bold new stories to tell

a visit to a planet where hot dog condiments have cause a civil war.

a population is trapped in a factory of sadness that they can't escape

A planet of mexican tv weather reporters are teleported on the ship with no explination

PPP released a new poll for Ohio (Lebron is saving the country along with the land with his endorsement), it also included this fun little question.
CuH1lVGVIAAGgqu.jpg

think of the bold new stories to tell

a visit to a planet where hot dog condiments have cause a civil war.

a population is trapped in a factory of sadness that they can't escape

A planet of mexican tv weather reporters are teleported on the ship with no explination

This part I might be ok with...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't think so.

I think the players 'win' the next labor dispute. Owners pushed too far last round, we're going to lose a season or more(!) when the CBA's up.

I think money would be the central issue with a longer season.

Give players a 20% raise across the board and I think they'd to with it.

Somehow they're going to have to bring back practices again because certain positions are hurting the product right now (offensive line looking at you).

Games and practices can all be mitigated with more money. Unfortunately the owners *hate* spending money.

I also don't see a scenario where the players hold as much sway in the NFL like they do in the NBA. Too many players and stars...it's not like when if you lose Lebron James you lose a good chunk of viewers.

Beach

Raiders vs Charger game is huge. Especially with the Chiefs coming up.

Also minor complaint. The Raiders and Chargers game would always be televised on LA TV. The Rams put a stop to that this weekend :(

Edit: Apparently the Bills are that probable for a playoff spot?

cool, we're off to a hot start!

the thing about kap is they say he lost 20 pounds or whatever... he is vegan now. he's not gaining back what he was from before so if they are "waiting", they're waiting for nothing

I think money would be the central issue with a longer season.

Give players a 20% raise across the board and I think they'd to with it.

Somehow they're going to have to bring back practices again because certain positions are hurting the product right now (offensive line looking at you).

Games and practices can all be mitigated with more money. Unfortunately the owners *hate* spending money.

I also don't see a scenario where the players hold as much sway in the NFL like they do in the NBA. Too many players and stars...it's not like when if you lose Lebron James you lose a good chunk of viewers.
I think without CTE, this is right.

But I don't think the effects of that knowledge on player attitudes have played out yet. Certainly haven't in labor negotiations yet.

For example: shortness of NFL player careers is often touted as a key leverage point for the lengthiness of labor negotiations. Time is on the owners' side, since every paycheck that a player misses hurts proportionately more. His career was going to be max 10 years, now it's 9.9. 9.8. 9.7. Players fold in negotiations.

... so what happens when players are already resigned to having shorter careers? Instead of retiring when their body breaks down, the new normal might be sooner. Might become a function of years played vs age, as in 'oh we have to strike? Guess i'll retire from the league at 30 instead of 29.'

I don't think we're there yet, but we might be close. and 2021 isn't here yet.

Zeke

Shit they got Sam Elliott to do the intro. Also :jnc at this intro, tell us how those brave pioneers fought off the savage people's of California and embraced their God given right of manifest destiny.

Top Bottom