• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

bionic77

I suck at pick em. At home getting points against Stanton and get lit up? NFL make no sense.
In a game of garbage qb's look at the coaches and the rest of the roster.

In this instance Arizona has some talent on defense and I think Arians is a better coach than Chip.

I don't think they are turning it around but it seemed like Zona was a safe bet.

Then again, you never know when garbage is involved...

bionic77

They might get hit twice. Maybe not at Hurricane strength but it will be a fuck ton of rain.
I think generally more people die from the rain and the resulting flooding then the winds.

Shit is all scary though and hope it ends up being nothing.

Anyone halfway interested in the journey of often embattled former 1st round pick Cordarrelle Patterson should keep an eye out for him.

He is really starting to thrive in a jack of all trades role.

He is playing gunner on the punt team, getting back on offense, and just generally doing a surprisingly good job.

I have to admit my bar for being impressed by him is super low.

Glad to see him contributing.

Zimmer giving him his last chance. He is on a short leash for sure.

He shook the NYG punt returner into flubbing that catch, because he damn near teleported down the field.

If only he could run a route.

5+ holding calls in 4 games?

Wow. With how they call the game that seems like it would be impossible. He must be really dumb.

It's not a matter of intelligence but a matter of technique. He's shown improvement in some areas but not others. The reality is that his footwork is still a mess and he's relying too much on his power (and he IS stupidly strong). That ends up leading to those penalties when he comes out of his set and is already beaten, etc. Honestly I know the Giants brass don't want to admit it but I think its a disservice to keep him at LT right now. The original plan was to play him at RT and work out the kinks. I think they should seriously contemplate doing that next season if they can nab a tackle in the draft.

I should pay for Gameday pass so I can access the All 22 but I just don't feel like spending the money on it.

On the Odell Beckham side of things, a contrite Odell has vowed to end the bullshit. We'll see if it actually materializes in games moving forward:

http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/odell-beckham-ive-been-out-of-control-but-ill-behave-from-now-on/

Beckham also doesn’t blame teams for trying to bait him into losing control and picking up costly penalties, calling it a sound strategy that he could see again as soon as Sunday night in Green Bay against the Packers.

“What I’m doing, so to say, is not something I would want a 6-year-old boy to be out there and learn from,” Beckham said of ugly sideline incidents each of the past two games. “Because, honestly, that’s all I really care about — to have that ability to be a blessing to someone else. To be an inspiration is a lot of power. That’s very powerful to me, and it feeds my soul. I would never want to set a bad example for any kids. I’m just doing the best to be me.”

Asked if he faults them for trying to get in his head, Beckham shook his head.

“Absolutely not,” he said. “I’d probably do the same. But it’s gotten to the point where I want to compete and none of the extra stuff. I just want to compete, but that never seems to be the case. But you just keep smiling, and it’ll all work itself out. We’ll win some games and pick up this offense.”

Good that he's saying the right things but meaningless until it materializes on game day.

jbug617

Banned
At least there are donuts.

There are always donuts.

th

bionic77

It's not a matter of intelligence but a matter of technique. He's shown improvement in some areas but not others. The reality is that his footwork is still a mess and he's relying too much on his power (and he IS stupidly strong). That ends up leading to those penalties when he comes out of his set and is already beaten, etc. Honestly I know the Giants brass don't want to admit it but I think its a disservice to keep him at LT right now. The original plan was to play him at RT and work out the kinks. I think they should seriously contemplate doing that next season if they can nab a tackle in the draft.

I should pay for Gameday pass so I can access the All 22 but I just don't feel like spending the money on it.

On the Odell Beckham side of things, a contrite Odell has vowed to end the bullshit. We'll see if it actually materializes in games moving forward:

http://nypost.com/2016/10/06/odell-beckham-ive-been-out-of-control-but-ill-behave-from-now-on/

Good that he's saying the right things but meaningless until it materializes on game day.
ODB got too famous too soon. That is really hard to deal with for a young man. All that pussy...

When I said the lineman was dumb I was referring to how much they are allowed to get away with without the ref calling it a hold. All the good teams hold all the fucking time, they just know how to do it within the rules.

ODB got too famous too soon. That is really hard to deal with for a young man. All that pussy...

When I said the lineman was dumb I was referring to how much they are allowed to get away with without the ref calling it a hold. All the good teams hold all the fucking time, they just know how to do it within the rules.
Gotcha.

On that note, I'd love to see how many uncalled holding calls Olivier Vernon has dealt with. I've counted at least two per game. It's not "iffy" calls that maybe should have been either. It's just blatant outright holding that just gets ignored on the guy. Holding calls like that are as good as a sack in many ways. I'm not one to bitch about calls. You win some you lose some but fuck me that's frustrating to watch.

Packers;

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 22h22 hours ago Manhattan, NY
Word out of Green Bay is CB Sam Shields is still dealing with concussion and will not play vs. the Giants.

Going back to snap counts for the Giants DE's:

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 2m2 minutes ago
Jason Pierre-Paul has been on the field for all but 5 defensive snaps in four games.
Olivier Vernon has missed just 17. #Giants

The Detroit Lions are on pace to become the first team ever with more penalty yards then rushing yards for the season.

#RestoreTheRoar

This gal in the neighborhood, die hard Lions fan always hosts a Bloody Mary party for the first Vikes/Lions game of the season.

Usually by third quarter she is hammered and ready to take her depression right to bed, lol.

Good times.

"Now you've [ticked] off the GOAT," his friend says. With his suspension over, Tom Brady is headed to Cleveland ready to rage against the machine that is Roger Goodell's NFL.

Lol shut the fuck up. God I am rooting so hard for the browns

I didn't watch last night's games but was Simms really dick riding garbage ass Gabbert?

I watched the game and I cant even remember anything that was said. My god what a disaster that game was. I really thought that the selling point for Blame was that he gets the ball quick and is accurate on the short stuff but he hasnt shown either. He rushes throws when there is no pressure at all, he throws balls at guys feet when they are only 5 yards away, he hangs anything deep allowing DBs to adjust. He is so fucking bad, I am seriously wondering if there is a worse starter in the league. Chip should say fuck it and run the wildcat all game if they wont let him use Kap. This has to be Blames last year in the league.

Browns are going to SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

This whole Tom Brady is going to destroy the league when he gets back narrative is so annoying. Tiki and Tireny where having a discussion this morning on if he would throw for over 400 yards or not. When the fuck was the last time Tammy had 400 yards passing in a game, plus factor in he is older now and hasnt played a really game since January of last year. I really think the Browns will atleast be able to keep it somewhat close.

Bowser

Whoa. The #Panthers just cut starting CB Bene' Benwikere, source said. Rough day vs. Julio, but had INT in opener, had played some good ball

Just...what the fuck. This season is a damn nightmare already.

Top Bottom