• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

Were they doing Twitter streams last year? I don't remember, but that's how I've seen all the TNF games this year.

No they were not and I am sure that has lowered the ratings for all the games that they did that for, but I thought the Texans Pats game was also on twitter and that got a 4.0 I believe so it still did well on regular TV.

Bowser

Whoa. The #Panthers just cut starting CB Bene' Benwikere, source said. Rough day vs. Julio, but had INT in opener, had played some good ball

Just...what the fuck. This season is a damn nightmare already.

Quoted for new page and the wtfness

Whoa. The #Panthers just cut starting CB Bene' Benwikere, source said. Rough day vs. Julio, but had INT in opener, had played some good ball

Can't they cut DE's? Giants need a decent rotation to give JPP/Vernon a break..

Hindl

This whole Tom Brady is going to destroy the league when he gets back narrative is so annoying. Tiki and Tireny where having a discussion this morning on if he would throw for over 400 yards or not. When the fuck was the last time Tammy had 400 yards passing in a game, plus factor in he is older now and hasnt played a really game since January of last year. I really think the Browns will atleast be able to keep it somewhat close.

It's annoying for me in another way. Yeah, I bet he's pissed, but people are saying "Oh he's really gonna want to win the Super Bowl to show Goddell!" or "He's gonna go on a tear and really want to win games!". Like, all those other years he didn't want to win the Super Bowl? Maybe he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder but statements like that are so stupid

WHY

WHY

WHY

I don't get this move at all.

Julio had 178 the last time the Panthers played the Falcons and that was with Mr. Bow and Arrow still on the team, good WRs have good days it happens.

Surely they aren't just scapegoating Benwikere for one bad afternoon when he was still the most proven CB on the roster.

Yet Mike Remmers and Michael Oher are proven to be terrible yet we're still rolling them out there every Sunday to protect Shiny Teeth.

I don't see the vision here Getts.
My trust in him is wavering.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How many Youth football players were twerking after TDs because of Antonio brown?

You shook. You know you bouta get that work in fantasy this week.
*twerks

2016%2F09%2F15%2F44%2FGettyImages603555830.65223.jpg

Greg

How many Youth football players were twerking after TDs because of Antonio brown?

*twerks
why stop at football?

was checking out at the store the other day and an item scanned as clearance... couldn't help myself

Eleuin

gettleman really thinks he can do no wrong huh

There has to be more to this story right? DV arrest, drug suspension coming down, locker room drama with Benwikere?

I refuse to believe that DG didn't pay Norman and then cut Benwikere because he's a career nickel who couldn't fill Norman's shoes as an every down CB.

cdyhybrid

I would like to commend Getts for making this tough but fair decision ahead of our game against the Carolina Panthers. You're doing a great job, keep it up!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave I think looks like nassib will return this week

Truly we are blessed! And boy does our pass rush need him back.

someone will claim Benwikere. No way he goes unclaimed.

Welcome to Cleveland my friend

Yeah it would be crazy that we don't pick him up right? I'm only shocked it hasn't been announced already that we claimed him. But I also don't know how long it takes before you can claim someone off waivers either.

bionic77

I am biased as a Steelers fan, but does anyone dislike Antonio Brown?

Dude is so good and so positive that it seems impossible not to love him.

I don't even think that rotten Bungles fans hate him.

Bowser

Isn't he the Panthers' best CB?

Dang, Panthers doing Benwikere dirty. I mean he was the starter. Was Julio all his fault?

WHY

WHY

WHY

Julio had 178 the last time the Panthers played the Falcons and that was with Mr. Bow and Arrow still on the team, good WRs have good days it happens.

Surely they aren't just scapegoating Benwikere for one bad afternoon when he was still the most proven CB on the roster.

Yet Mike Remmers and Michael Oher are proven to be terrible yet we're still rolling them out there every Sunday to protect Shiny Teeth.

They completely fucking scapegoated him. Released "due to performance issues". He broke his ankle in Week 14 last year ffs, he was barely healthy in time for training camp.

Now we have 3 fucking rookies at CB and the best one won't even play Monday because he's hurt.

Gettleman completely botched everything in the aftermath of the Super Bowl. From 15-1 to the goddamn basement.

Greg

there's nothing to dislike about black Jordy

MechDX

Truly we are blessed! And boy does our pass rush need him back.

Yeah it would be crazy that we don't pick him up right? I'm only shocked it hasn't been announced already that we claimed him. But I also don't know how long it takes before you can claim someone off waivers either.

Waiver wire reset last week. Browns are first priority. If the Cleve wants him he is theirs

squicken

Stefon Diggs will probably not play Sunday. Neither will Andre Smith. Down starting WR, RB, and both OTs. Still, kinda not worried as long as that defense stays healthy

There has to be more to this story right? DV arrest, drug suspension coming down, locker room drama with Benwikere?

I refuse to believe that DG didn't pay Norman and then cut Benwikere because he's a career nickel who couldn't fill Norman's shoes as an every down CB.

You guys are starting my boy Zach Sanchez. It's gonna be okay Grover

Greg

Stefon Diggs will probably not play Sunday. Neither will Andre Smith. Down starting WR, RB, and both OTs. Still, kinda not worried as long as that defense stays healthy
I wonder if Bradford will get as much love as Peyton did last year

I like him.

But at the same time....

I don't support criminal organizations

MechDX

Downer Jag Fan ‏@DownerJagFan 32m32 minutes ago
Before I lose power, I want to take this opportunity to say that the Titans suck.

In my heart I want to believe this is Printer Paper and I agree 100%

bionic77

there's nothing to dislike about black Jordy
Which Jordy we talking about?

Because Jordy Nelson ain't shit! Thats what they say on the ESPN!

Don't you ever put him in the same sentence as our beloved Antonio Brown. I don't even know if Jordy can dance let along play wide receiver!

Let's play a game. Assuming everyone's healthy, list the number of starters on offense and defense that your team drafted. Lowest numbers win the crown of shame. Dolphins:

Offense: 6
Defense: 5

Greg

Which Jordy we talking about?

Because Jordy Nelson ain't shit! Thats what they say on the ESPN!

Don't you ever put him in the same sentence as our beloved Antonio Brown. I don't even know if Jordy can dance let along play wide receiver!
of course he can't dance

squicken

I wonder if Bradford will get as much love as Peyton did last year

Peyton was the worst QB in the league last year and held back a very talented offense. I don't think anyone gave him any credit. He was almost embarrassed on the stage at the SB

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I like him but I don't like that he's a liar.

He loses points for that.

Hindl

You guys are starting my boy Zach Sanchez. It's gonna be okay Grover

Plus, they just gotta get through this week and then they have a bye to heal up.

Boban made a group, I believe it is called NFLGAF so you just go into looking for groups and search for it. Then you just have to request an invite.

Is there a similar one for Forza or are you all just using gamertags?

Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris 21m21 minutes ago
Dave Gettleman on newly promoted CB Zack Sanchez

"He likes to bite on double moves. What can I tell ya? Sometimes I drink a milkshake."

Yall remember that time a few years ago when we thought that Marvin McNutt and Tavarres King were going to be the Panthers' starting WRs?

But we ended up drafting Benjamin and Philly Brown, signing Ted Ginn, and the WR group ended turning out OK?

Well this is like that except for corners. And we don't have a draft to back us up or time to sign any good free agents. We're really about to roll out Bradberry, Worley, and Sanchez.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
This whole Tom Brady is going to destroy the league when he gets back narrative is so annoying. Tiki and Tireny where having a discussion this morning on if he would throw for over 400 yards or not. When the fuck was the last time Tammy had 400 yards passing in a game, plus factor in he is older now and hasnt played a really game since January of last year. I really think the Browns will atleast be able to keep it somewhat close.

Last season

Kave I think looks like nassib will return this week
#Blessed

Now Corey needs to double up on Russell's water to get back out there

*twerks
We're doing it friend.. Stronger together. One of us is bringing the trophy back to the Land.

WHY

WHY

WHY

Believe..

Welcome to Cleveland my friend
Thank you Grova

I like him.

But at the same time....

I don't support criminal organizations
That's how I feel too BG.

Top Bottom