• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

cdyhybrid

No, if they've never played on another team they don't count. Basically looking at how many holes a team has had to plug in FA because of shit team-building.
Got it.

O: 7 drafted assuming you count CMike as the starter - Baldwin, Basketball, Gilliam, Sowell were either UDFAs or drafted elsewhere

D: 7 drafted - Bennett, Rubin, Avril, and Morgan (although Morgan is out right now I believe)

Edit: oh, they do count. Then 9 on O and 8 on D - Baldwin, Gilliam, and Morgan were UDFAs that never played elsewhere. Bennett technically signed with Seattle first but then he went to Tampa before coming back and becoming the starter.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Bad news, everyone!

Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot 50s51 seconds ago

#Steelers Depot: Sunday Will Mark Last Time Steelers Will Wear Bumblebee Uniforms

Let's play a game. Assuming everyone's healthy, list the number of starters on offense and defense that your team drafted. Lowest numbers win the crown of shame. Dolphins:

Offense: 6
Defense: 5

Steelers -

Offense: 10

Defense: 9 if William Gay counts. He was a Steeler, left and came back.

squicken

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
#Vikings believe T Andre Smith’s elbow, which kept him out of practice again, may be enough to warrant placing him IR. Another starter lost?

He sucks but he was still better than his replacement.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
AB is not a liar.

Take that back. If not then agree to fight me.

He lied when he said he spoke to Spencer Lanning to apologize about stepping on him last year.

He is a proven liar and that docks him points.

But I will still fight you. After we both pull a muscle can we agree to go to a local pub and have a few beers?

Boban made a group, I believe it is called NFLGAF so you just go into looking for groups and search for it. Then you just have to request an invite.

Not sure what "go into looking for groups" means. I see "start a party" but I don't see (nor can I find with a basic Google search) how to join a group on Xbox Live.

Hindl

Let's play a game. Assuming everyone's healthy, list the number of starters on offense and defense that your team drafted. Lowest numbers win the crown of shame. Dolphins:

Offense: 6
Defense: 5

Offense: 8 (counting our 3 TEs since they all see the field, not counting RBs even though it's a committee)
Defense: 7

Not sure what "go into looking for groups" means. I see "start a party" but I don't see (nor can I find with a basic Google search) how to join a group on Xbox Live.

I just realized, are you in the new dashboard preview? I dont think groups have been rolled out to the public yet. Once it does roll out their will be a link on the right side of the home screen that says looking for groups and you click on that.

bionic77

He lied when he said he spoke to Spencer Lanning to apologize about stepping on him last year.

He is a proven liar and that docks him points.

But I will still fight you. After we both pull a muscle can we agree to go to a local pub and have a few beers?
I agree to the fight but not the beers.

i don't drink or consume any drugs. Hell I don't even even have dessert.

I will agree to buy you coffee though after I get you to submit or record you begging for mercy. This video will not be uploaded to the internet and will instead be kept in my personal collection. Inspired by a thread from OT, the fight will not be waged via fisticuffs, but instead via supersoaker guns. No FMTs, they will be filled with water and not urine or any other disgusting liquids. Pure H20.

This can be avoided by agreeing that Antonio Brown is the best and would never lie and that Spencer Lanning is not a real person because no one else on this board even knows who the fuck that is.

Meanwhile...

Jason La CanforaVerified account
‏@JasonLaCanfora
No practice for Cam Newton again today. Not looking particularly likely he'll be cleared from concussion protocol by Mon

It caught up to him. Hopefully (not even on the football shit, because one concussion can fuck you up for good depending on how bad it is and your physical makeup) he'll end up being OK long-term.

It'll teach him that football is not a game that can played at half-speed. Ever

Stefon Diggs will probably not play Sunday. Neither will Andre Smith. Down starting WR, RB, and both OTs. Still, kinda not worried as long as that defense stays healthy

Heavy dose of Thielen and Rudolph.
Maybe Treadwell will finally get a chance to shine? ;)

He sucks but he was still better than his replacement.

Andre Smith is a goddamn liability.
I'd happily take Sirles over him... but yeesh... pretty soon the Vikes will have to start pulling people out of the stadium to play on that line. :/

MechDX

Heavy dose of Thielen and Rudolph.
Maybe Treadwell will finally get a chance to shine? ;)

Bouye Island negates tight ends!

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock Oct 6
Out of the 30 teams that have played 4 games, the Seahawks & Texans have been the best vs Tight Ends.

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock Oct 6
SEA D vs TEs:
11 rec on 17 targets for 96 yds 0 TDs

HOU D vs TEs:
12 rec on 26 targets for 92 yds 0 TDs

Hindl

Clintons are getting on the Wentz Wagon

Chelsea ClintonVerified account
‏@ChelseaClinton Chelsea Clinton Retweeted Heidi Heitkamp
Thank you for the warm welcome Heidi & for the #Wentz jersey for Marc (even if one of our kids will be wearing it on Sundays)! #FlyEaglesFly

Meanwhile...

‏@JasonLaCanfora
No practice for Cam Newton again today. Not looking particularly likely he'll be cleared from concussion protocol by Mon

It caught up to him. Hopefully (not even on the football shit, because one concussion can fuck you up for good depending on how bad it is and your physical makeup) he'll end up being OK long-term.

Oh... that sucks.

Gobias and Floyd and you see how he treats Floyd

One can only come to one conclusion: BG is Trump in this war
I'm basically his Der Scutt..

Clintons are getting on the Wentz Wagon
Should have jumped on the Kessler wagon Hillary.. You actually can still lose in Ohio at the moment.

MechDX

The only person on the internet that is picking the Texans to win Sunday is Herm Edwards.

Well fuck the Vikings, fuck Skol, fuck trailer parks and to hell with the state of Minnesota!

forgive me Slo :(

Hillary "needs" PA more than Ohio. Ohio is becoming irrelevant pretty quickly for Dems
I know.. But she can still win it with Joe campaigning there instead of degrading herself with that Gingerheaded soulless fool.

Hope on the Kessler Express Hillary.. you can still make it.

They want to associate themselves with greatness. Makes sense to root for the greatest QB in the greatest city in the Country.
I just threw up in my mouth a bit

Meanwhile...

‏@JasonLaCanfora

With Matthew wrecking havoc in the Carolina's, your bye week is probably going to be this week..be shocked if the NFL plays this game..

SonnyBoy

I am biased as a Steelers fan, but does anyone dislike Antonio Brown?

Dude is so good and so positive that it seems impossible not to love him.

I don't even think that rotten Bungles fans hate him.

Nope, I watched in awe while he destroyed my team. lol

Panthers CB James Bradberry is doubtful to play Monday and is week to week with a toe injury.

Good thing we didn't just cut the best corner on the team or anything.

jmdajr

A couple I know has been REALLY wanting to have a baby girl for awhile.

GOD: CONGRATS YOU'RE HAVING A 3RD BOY. LOLZ.

Bitanator

Can't they cut DE's? Giants need a decent rotation to give JPP/Vernon a break..

Dallas is rushing four DT's out there, we need the DE

I am biased as a Steelers fan, but does anyone dislike Antonio Brown?

Dude is so good and so positive that it seems impossible not to love him.

I don't even think that rotten Bungles fans hate him.

The smile can help ships find shore, he is good people

How do I go about doing that?

Boban made a group, I believe it is called NFLGAF so you just go into looking for groups and search for it. Then you just have to request an invite.

I made the group private so none of you degenerates get banned from XBL. I think I have Angmars on my friends list so I'll invite him when I get home.

I'll invite everyone from the nflgaf spreadsheet, anyone else who wants to join can PM me with their gamertag

EDIT: Not sure if the dashboard update that added groups has been rolled out to everybody, the Xbox App (beta version) on the Windows 10 store has them if anyone can't wait for some reason.

With Matthew wrecking havoc in the Carolina's, your bye week is probably going to be this week..be shocked if the NFL plays this game..

Ehh, it'll be Monday and Charlotte's pretty far inland. (A lot of people from the coast are staying here over the weekend to ride the storm out)

Attendance may be down, but the game will probably play on schedule.

Hindl

I made the group private so none of you degenerates get banned from XBL. I think I have Angmars on my friends list so I'll invite him when I get home.

I'll invite everyone from the nflgaf spreadsheet, anyone else who wants to join can PM me with their gamertag

Where is this spreadsheet? I'm not sure I'm getting gears but would be good to add people for Horizon

TheFatOne

This whole Tom Brady is going to destroy the league when he gets back narrative is so annoying. Tiki and Tireny where having a discussion this morning on if he would throw for over 400 yards or not. When the fuck was the last time Tammy had 400 yards passing in a game, plus factor in he is older now and hasnt played a really game since January of last year. I really think the Browns will atleast be able to keep it somewhat close.

He had a 400 yard game early last year. Although, knocking Brady down for not having 400 yard games is pretty fucking stupid considering the Pats offense is all about efficiency not yards. Why does 400 yards even matter when you score 30+ being efficient. Go back and watch the Pats first ten games last season before they got hit with the injury bug. That offense was set up to be the top offense in the NFL. Now that offense has better weapons than they did a season ago. That should clue people in on what to expect from the Pats this year. People are sleeping on Bennett this year. Guy has been a monster so far for the Pats, and Gronk isn't even 100% yet. You may get tired of the talk, but this Pats offense is going to be pretty fucking incredible if they stay healthy.

Doomsayer

It looks like Chip has finally not shut the door on Kap being inserted at QB sometime soon. I hope he makes the change before Buffalo. I can't keep watching Blame overthrow wide open receivers and refuse to throw past the sticks on 3rd down.

Jim O'Neil is a terrible defensive coordinator as well, how can a team be so fucking terrible at run defense? Scheme is a problem.

I just want this season to be over.

Top Bottom