• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

It looks like Chip has finally not shut the door on Kap being inserted at QB sometime soon. I hope he makes the change before Buffalo. I can't keep watching Blame overthrow wide open receivers and refuse to throw past the sticks on 3rd down.

Jim O'Neil is a terrible defensive coordinator as well, how can a team be so fucking terrible at run defense? Scheme is a problem.

I just want this season to be over.

I really dont think the D has been that bad so far, if the offense could sustain one fucking drive it would help a ton. Great news on them considering Kap, at this point gata would be an improvement at QB.

Doomsayer

I really dont think the D has been that bad so far, if the offense could sustain one fucking drive it would help a ton. Great news on them considering Kap, at this point gata would be an improvement at QB.

Pass defense has been ok, but our run defense has been a disaster. There are holes all over the place. O'Neil if I'm not mistaken had the lowest ranked run defense with the Browns last year as well. He calls plays like he's playing Madden. Crazy secondary blitzes all the time with gaping holes everywhere.

Jim O'Neil is a terrible defensive coordinator as well, how can a team be so fucking terrible at run defense? Scheme is a problem.
giphy.gif

I feel your pain friend

And yes he was DC for Cleveland.. he was BG's favorite coach

Where is this spreadsheet? I'm not sure I'm getting gears but would be good to add people for Horizon

Quote post to see the spreadsheet

A lot of the 360 guys moved over to PS4 but Yankee, Mech, Bread, Sanjuro, Kayotix and Kas are around most days. FMT is always online but ignores everyone, Gata hides offline and spies on everybody ready to snitch when the time is right.

bionic77

Pass defense has been ok, but our run defense has been a disaster. There are holes all over the place. O'Neil if I'm not mistaken had the lowest ranked run defense with the Browns last year as well. He calls plays like he's playing Madden. Crazy secondary blitzes all the time with gaping holes everywhere.
Pass defense always looks decent when your run defense is shit.

Teams are not stupid. They attack you where you are weak. If your run defense is weak why would teams throw against you?

See the Packers defense above. They are number 1 in run defense, but a lot of that is because they are near last in pass defense. You would have to be stupid to run on them when they are being so generous to opposing teams when they attempt to pass the ball.

MechDX

Zak Keefer ‏@zkeefer 21m21 minutes ago
Grigson: "When you pay Andrew (Luck) what we did, it’s going to take some time to build on the other side of the ball."

Grigson truly is clueless. You had 3 years to build up the defense and o line and you did shit.

Why Sam Bradford is MVP:

Hard to get any more valuable than what the undefeated Vikings have received at the quarterback position.

I feel like a 30 for 30 promo.

What if I told you …

that the MVP of the National Football League after a quarter of the season would be a quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings who is not named Teddy Bridgewater … who wasn’t even on the team 10 days before the season started … and whose acquisition enraged many of the team’s fans—who felt the GM who engineered the deal was an incompetent boob.

Sam Bradford’s 69.5 completion percentage ranks second in the NFL among quarterbacks with at least three starts this season.

Normally I wouldn’t want to name a player who missed a quarter of his team’s games the MVP. But I will make an exception for Sam Bradford. Acquired for first-round and fourth-round picks eight days before opening day, Bradford sat out the opener (the Vikings got two defensive touchdowns and won by nine at Tennessee) and started the next three Minnesota games. In those three games, learning a new offense on the fly, Bradford has beaten quarterbacks who have played in four of the past nine Super Bowls, and in each game outplayed Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton and Eli Manning. Bradford has no turnovers. He has the best completion and passer rating, both by a mile, in his career.
The words “valuable” has always meant something to me with this award. Minnesota lost its three most important offensive players to injury in a two-week span in the summer: Bridgewater, Adrian Peterson and left tackle Matt Kalil. The season, justifiably, could have spiraled to hell. But an unwavering coach, Mike Zimmer, and an emerging star defense have held the fort. And a quarterback the Rams gave away in 2015 and the Eagles gave away in 2016 has played the best three-game stretch of his pro career. The MVP, I think, should never be determined on numbers alone—though they help. The MVP should be about the player who means the most to a very good team, and without whom that team would be Just Another Team. And the Vikings would be 2-2 or maybe 3-1 with Shaun Hill playing quarterback right now.

Bradford has lifted the Vikings to a point where they believe that without their three leading men they can still win the Super Bowl. And there is tremendous value in that.

“What I’ve gone through has given me perspective I never have had—perspective I didn’t have when I was younger,” Bradford told me after the Green Bay win. “Last year, going through all that stuff in Philadelphia, I’m not sure I would have handled this well. You might not understand it at the time, but there’s always a reason. I just think it’s all part of God’s plan. I don’t worry about it.”

Then he said: “You think I should write a book about all of this?”

What would he say after the third win? On Monday Night Football, over a man with two Super Bowl rings and two Super Bowl MVPs, Eli Manning?

Hopefully, Bradford would say he belongs on a team playing for the biggest prize in the game, something he’s never had a chance to do. And something I feel confident he’ll have a chance to do this year.

• GOOD MORNING, COACH WARNER: Robert Klemko goes back to school with the Hall of Fame QB who now is a coach for his son’s high school team

Runners up for the MVP at the quarter pole, by the way:

2. Aaron Donald, DT, Los Angeles. The Rams are 3-1. Reason enough.

3. Trevor Siemian, QB, Denver. This is not a misprint.

4. Matt Ryan, QB, Atlanta. On fire for the past three weeks.

5. Derek Carr, QB, Oakland. The dawn of the next great Raider is at hand.

So which console do I buy if I want to beat everyone in Madden?

Everybody in general? Well more people have PS4s. (sorry for the truthfax Yankee!)

Everybody in here? Seems like the XB1 NFL-GAFfers are a lot more active and into playing with/against one another.

I forget which platform the official Madden League is on. Ask French!

EDIT: The GAF League is on PS4

Purcell is brutally bad. He is the worst DT in the league. In a 3-4, that can ruin your D

Hindl

Quote post to see the spreadsheet

A lot of the 360 guys moved over to PS4 but Yankee, Mech, Bread, Sanjuro, Kayotix and Kas are around most days. FMT is always online but ignores everyone, Gata hides offline and spies on everybody ready to snitch when the time is right.

Thanks, added myself to the sheet. My gamertag is the same as my name here, I'll probably send requests to people this weekend

MechDX

O'Brien on WR Braxton Miller (hamstring): "He'll be active on Sunday. He did a nice job this week."

Baexton is back!! Floyd we did it!!

O-H

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Missi Matthews ‏@missi_matthews 15m15 minutes ago

OUT for the #Steelers on Sunday: J. Gilbert, M. Gilbert, Golden, Golson , Harris, Nix, Rogers, Shazier, and Wallace

So that's 9 guys for the 7 inactive spots...

W7zRuVW.gif

Too bad he deleted this from Twitter so fast he sprained his wrist and will miss 2-4 more weeks.

Well.. I have a job interview for a full time teaching job Monday morning.

200w.gif

Hope it goes well friend...

Jesus Christ, Floy is a teacher?

Man the next gen is fucked. Even if Trump loses we are all fucked...

Although bionic's reasoning here is pretty solid.

Do we want Floy educating the youth?

MechDX

Missi Matthews ‏@missi_matthews 15m15 minutes ago

OUT for the #Steelers on Sunday: J. Gilbert, M. Gilbert, Golden, Golson , Harris, Nix, Rogers, Shazier, and Wallace

So that's 9 guys for the 7 inactive spots...

W7zRuVW.gif

Saw this on twitter. So only dressing 44 players?

Can't wait to see Ben at linebacker!

Jesus Christ, Floy is a teacher?

Man the next gen is fucked. Even if Trump loses we are all fucked...
Thank you for the kind words friend.. luckily it is a social studies position and I will remind people why the Lakers are America's team.

Good luck friend...

you got this!

Hope it goes well friend...

Although bionic's reasoning here is pretty solid.

Do we want Floy educating the youth?
I trust you not to become Jak Jr.. why can't you believe in me friend?

Sephzilla

What I want to know is when did Sam Shields become a shutdown corner back who was essential to the Packers defense? The dude is the AJ Hawk of corner backs, he'll make one great play and then any other time you see him he's tackling a dude from behind because he got burnt.

Bread

Banned
What I want to know is when did Sam Shields become a shutdown corner back who was essential to the Packers defense? The dude is the AJ Hawk of corner backs, he'll make one great play and then any other time you see him he's tackling a dude from behind because he got burnt.
AJ Hawk is the Rob Ninkovich of MLBs

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Like AJ Hawk, he's one of the best we have at that position. Our second year guys have appeared to regress - whether that's due to missing Hayward or Shields on the field, I'm not sure. We also let Casey Hayward go because we weren't that excited about him either.

Richard Rodgers will look like Mark Chmura minus the uh... you know.

6nQX8as.gif

bionic77

Thank you for the kind words friend.. luckily it is a social studies position and I will remind people why the Lakers are America's team.
I will say that at least you are an educated person.

Saw this on twitter. So only dressing 44 players?

Can't wait to see Ben at linebacker!
Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I picked the Steelers in my office elimination.

Browns fans convinced me that there was a slight chance of a BeCleve miracle and that they always play the Pats tough (apparently being cursed and terrible protects you from cheating).

If this is one of those games that get Fitz his contracts the Steelers might be fucked!

Save us Bell!

Top Bottom