• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

mxgt

Banned
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Big change in Baltimore: Ravens firing OC Marc Trestman, replacing him with Marty Mornhinweg, per league sources.

thank fucking god.

I'm a pretty casual fan and have only been watching the Ravens for about 5-6 years but yesterday was the worst offensive playcalling I have ever seen.

I'm glad they lost now because that fuck would still be there if they won.

I only got the chance to watch half the game this morning but I'll reiterate what I said before - I really think Ben needs to relinquish the play calling duties to Sullivan at this point and focus on the bigger picture

Say what you will about Coughlin and the Odell blow-up last season for a man coaching for his job but its obvious this team and discipline are on two different islands.

With out Cruz and Sheppard last year he averaged 26 points a game, good for 4th in the league, this year with better play makers he's averaging 17.8, currently 27th in the league, at this point it's just too much for him, he needs to be the HC and not the OC and HC...

Last night i said it in this thread, they look like the pre-Coughling Era, they look like a Fasshole team through 5 games..TC teams would have undisciplined games here and there, but you bet your ass he tore into them after the game and next game 2 penalties..this team is just continuing to do bone head shit game after game..

Sanjuro

0XsSzzQ.png

1385.gif

cETrKqj.gif

squicken

ANY/A chart for post Week 5 (sans MNF obvs)

CuaIN53WgAMbpvA.jpg:large

Vikes passing offense was FO's 2nd best going into the Texans game. Zimmer is rightfully getting a lot of credit but what Norv has done has been great as well. The have gone from a power running/play action offense to a shotgun spread team that can't run the ball.

this_guy

Texans stunk it up yesterday, but luckily they're in the AFC South.

Brock isn't getting much help from his offensive line but he's also just missing passes as well.

Lamar Miller hasn't shown anything that makes him special.

The defense doesn't have JJ Watt to cover up their deficiencies any more. In addition to all the QB pressures and sacks he had tons of tackles for loss on running plays.

But again AFC South so they can still easily make the play offs.

I bet Trump tried to make a move on Giselle at some point. Or maybe they had one of those "key parties" and pulled a swaparoo.

Brady loves Trump, anything is possible.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The texans are a joke. Time to fire everyone. And before anyone gets on me I dunno if I posted it here but I was not excited about signing Brock Osweiller. I get why they did it, they had to do something.

But the play calling is awful. The line sucks the running game sucks so where are the short passes and screens? Why not run the ball out of 4 and 5 wide WR sets?

Oh and I totally called the game.
Here is a text I sent to sports radio 610 when some of the hosts were like welllll maybe they can beat the them since the vikings have so Amy injuries.

I don't post here as much cause a lot of you are super annoying and I have two kids under 2.5 years and we're building a house and I have two full time jobs. But it's not cause the texans suck.

Pepiope

Flacco averaged less than 4 yards per dropback yesterday. Hard to imagine that offense being worse. I wonder if the NFL mentions the penalty disparity in the PHI/DET game. Seems that needs to be addressed
Yeah, the officiating was horribly lopsided.

We still had a chance to win the game, and wentz looked pretty good, so I'm not too upset.

The refs gifted Detroit their first two TDs though, idk how that happened.

squicken

But again AFC South so they can still easily make the play offs.

I know it is early in the year, but I think that Texans-Colts game is going to be for the division. O'Brien really needs to show something as a coach. It feels like he has gotten worse the longer he has been there

Gonna pencil in the Ravens as winning the Super Bowl

the previous 2 times the Redskins beat the Ravens in the regular season, the Ravens fired their OC and went on to win the Super Bowl

Ravens fired Matt Cavanaugh during the 2000 season? I don't remember that.

I'd pencil us in for two more wins, instead.

I don't post here as much cause a lot of you are super annoying and I have two kids under 2.5 years and we're building a house and I have two full time jobs. But it's not cause the texans suck.
o

Going through the break downs is going to be fun today

Billy Turner playing LT...

lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Jarate

Banned
One of the reasons I think NFL ratings are so down is just how incompetent 50-65% of the teams are

The Giants have won 2 games and literally had a hard time completing a pass down the field last night.

Yeah, it made no sense. I get if the officiating was bad on both sides, but Detroit got away with everything yesterday, while Philly was getting screwed left and right. That spot they gave Riddick on the 3rd down play was laughable too. Lucky we challenged it.

Yeah it was almost like some super powerful group stood to lose millions on the game if the Eagles covered the spread. It is so weird how it just happens to work out when the line moves huge one way all the calls seem to go the other way. One of lifes mysteries I guess.

squicken

Raiders defense is bad. It's hard to think their offense is going to cover that up all year. They actually have a very slight negative passer rating differential, as good as Carr has been

Hindl

Yeah, the officiating was horribly lopsided.

We still had a chance to win the game, and wentz looked pretty good, so I'm not too upset.

The refs gifted Detroit their first two TDs though, idk how that happened.

Like you said, even with the penalties, this game was easily winnable, just bad mistakes at the end. Plus, the ref was Pete Morelli. He is a horrible ref, and if you talk to Lions fans, he's been responsible for a lot of the shitty calls that have gone against them in the past. If it were any other team I'd be mad, but the Lions get so many bullshit penalties called on them that I can't bitch when one game the refs go their way.

Back to back primetime games the next two weeks!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Is it to early to start flexing games? Is there any talk in Texas about giving Savage a start? Maybe watching from the sidelines would help Brock. He seems so rattled, I think at first he was probably trying to do to much to justify the contract.

Spinluck

The texans are a joke. Time to fire everyone. And before anyone gets on me I dunno if I posted it here but I was not excited about signing Brock Osweiller. I get why they did it, they had to do something.

But the play calling is awful. The line sucks the running game sucks so where are the short passes and screens? Why not run the ball out of 4 and 5 wide WR sets?

Oh and I totally called the game.
Here is a text I sent to sports radio 610 when some of the hosts were like welllll maybe they can beat the them since the vikings have so Amy injuries.

Ok.

squicken

Jake Long sucks. He whiffed on a block against Cleveland in the preseason that led to Bradford's 2nd ACL injury. For that alone he shouldn't be considered

Does BOB know how to call a screen play or check downs to the RB?

I am concerned.

It's like he wants to run his offense through his TEs but they suck horribly. I think captive is right about them needing to go more 4 wide. Maybe he doesn't trust Brock to run a short passing game

bionic77

Sorry buddy. I thought that the Texans were making a huge mistake at the time not trying to get Bradford, and instead getting Brock who looked terrible with the Broncos. You say that you were not in favor of getting Brock but you must have posted believe in Bob like 1000 times during the offseason.
I am not sold on Bradford the way you are.

I don't think he would have succeeded on the Texans team this year.

Bradford is playing on a stacked Vikings team. To his credit he is playing well, but they are not winning because of him. He is not slanging it 40 times a game and he knows he doesn't have to force shit because of that defense.

I think 5 games in Ben and Matty Ice are playing better than anyone else. Again not something I would have predicted at the start of the season. Ben in particular has been hot fiyah with hot sauce ever since Bell came back. And he is spreading the ball around to everyone. I am not sure how you stop our team other than fucking dominating the LOS and pushing everyone 3 yards backwards on every play. If you give us time it is over, just too many guys to cover. The best defense against us is to double AB and Bell and hope that the other guys keep dropping passes.

Qb along don't win you much though and the VikeBike are the best team in football. But again it is fucking October. Get back to me after Thanksgiving and we will talk about who is for real.

I think it is hard to run any play, even short passes and screens if your o-line can't block. There is only so much coaching can do. I agree with your premise though, but man it is hard for any offense or qb to succeed when the offensive line sucks. Some of that might have been that Minny just has a great defense too.

Pepiope

Good officiating isn't going to make Ryan Mathews carry the ball with his outside arm instead of his inside arm like you learn the first day you play football.
Yeah, but then an offense player did touch the football while out of bounds.

I get you don't want to leave the game in the hands of the officials, but God damn this game was like the prisoners vs the guards in the longest yard bad, Wentz needed to hit someone in the dick.

MechDX

Is it to early to start flexing games? Is there any talk in Texas about giving Savage a start? Maybe watching from the sidelines would help Brock. He seems so rattled, I think at first he was probably trying to do to much to justify the contract.

You're getting Colts @ Texans next Sunday and you are going to watch every damn bit of it and enjoy it!

He will not bench Osweiler. Not after what happened last year with the Hoyer->Mallett->Hoyer fiasco even though he should. Oz has regressed every week since week 1.

Every week

Bread

Banned
i rarely ever post here because it's hard to type while sex and i make lots of money too i'm talkin enough to buy a car

Top Bottom