• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 NFL Week 5 - Guess Who's Back?

jmdajr

Texans stunk it up yesterday, but luckily they're in the AFC South.

Brock isn't getting much help from his offensive line but he's also just missing passes as well.

Lamar Miller hasn't shown anything that makes him special.

The defense doesn't have JJ Watt to cover up their deficiencies any more. In addition to all the QB pressures and sacks he had tons of tackles for loss on running plays.

But again AFC South so they can still easily make the play offs.

Might be tough getting another banner this year. Anything can happen in the AFCS!

Jake Long sucks. He whiffed on a block against Cleveland in the preseason that led to Bradford's 2nd ACL injury. For that alone he shouldn't be considered

It's like he wants to run his offense through his TEs but they suck horribly. I think captive is right about them needing to go more 4 wide. Maybe he doesn't trust Brock to run a short passing game

Could he possibly be worse than Clemmings?

Tom Penny

Brock in his first season. Once he learns the system and put weapons around him they will be fine. Vikings have pretty much made every qb look like ass

jmdajr

Brock in his first season. Once he learns the system and put weapons around him they will be fine. Vikings have pretty much made every qb look like ass

Well haven't lost to un-elite teams just yet. So at least for now, we are..above average!

Texans did what they did because they couldn't get away from Hoyer and Mallet fast enough. Like what could we have done? Draft Prescott? With our Oline and Run game he wouldn't be bale to do diddly poo. We would need an Andrew Luck caliber dude to hide deficiencies.

Yeah, but then an offense player did touch the football while out of bounds.

I get you don't want to leave the game in the hands of the officials, but God damn this game was like the prisoners vs the guards in the longest yard bad, Wentz needed to hit someone in the dick.

Yeah, the refs were awful but there's just as much bad to complain about how the Eagles played the game. No defense for half the game. Receivers dropped back to back TD passes. Wentz made a bad decision on the last throw, even if it's ultimately Agholor who had a weak ass play on the ball and essentially gave up on it. Two delay of game penalties. Shit just needs to get cleaned up for next week if this team is really going to have a shot at anything in the post season.

Coates-1_fxiubd.gif

Sammie Coates!

sammie-coates-uses-some-muscles-against-tamu-defender-b.gif

Well haven't lost to un-elite teams just yet. So at least for now, we are..above average!

Texans did what they did because they couldn't get away from Hoyer and Mallet fast enough. Like what could we have done? Draft Prescott? With our Oline and Run game he wouldn't be bale to do diddly poo. We would need an Andrew Luck caliber dude to hide deficiencies.

Could have had a Sam Bradford for the low cost of 1 first round pick. On a team friendly deal no less.

Yep. That stacked Vikings offense

I was going to reply to that but I couldnt figure out what to say. The Texans have way more talent on offense then the Vikes, especially with AP out and the OL banged up.

Hindl

Yeah, the refs were awful but there's just as much bad to complain about how the Eagles played the game. No defense for half the game. Receivers dropped back to back TD passes. Wentz made a bad decision on the last throw, even if it's ultimately Agholor who had a weak ass play on the ball and essentially gave up on it. Two delay of game penalties. Shit just needs to get cleaned up for next week if this team is really going to have a shot at anything in the post season.

I was worried about complacency setting in during the bye, especially after the way they crushed the Steelers. I'm glad they got deflated a bit and realize they can't just rest on their laurels. Plus, now everyone is going to stop overhyping the team. Now hopefully they play with a chip on their shoulder.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bradford is succeeding with the Vikings in the same way Russell did with the Seahawks. I love it.
Bradford does not have a good OL nor does he have even a good running game.

Not really a Bradford fan but you can't compare it to Russell when he came into the Seahawks situation.

Pepiope

I was worried about complacency setting in during the bye, especially after the way they crushed the Steelers. I'm glad they got deflated a bit and realize they can't just rest on their laurels. Plus, now everyone is going to stop overhyping the team. Now hopefully they play with a chip on their shoulder.
Yeah, I hate going in as the favorite, but if Wentz is the real deal then that's going to happen quite a bit for quite a while. Gotta get used to it and pull out these victories.

squicken

Could he possibly be worse than Clemmings?

Clemmings is at least young. Long will get worse the more games he plays b/c he is old and will wear down. Clemmings could potentially get a little better as he learns his position. It's hard to trade b/c any team that trades a starting linemen is basically admitting to giving up on the year

Belichick loved the Cleve but the Cleve didn't love him back.
Cua3gkfXYAE9Ysb.jpg
The team moved and he was let go. They started over. But bill does always seem to have a soft sport for Cleveland though, who can blame him? The Cleve is a wonderful place, birthplace of superman.

bionic77

Bradford does not have a good OL nor does he have even a good running game.

Not really a Bradford fan but you can't compare it to Russell when he came into the Seahawks situation.
This might just be memory, but I feel like when Wussle was younger he only had to make like 3-5 plays a game and otherwise their defense was just going to beast.

I agree Bradford is doing more than that. But they are not going full slang mode with him. I feel he just plays on a really well coached team and they put him in some good positions. When I said the team was stacked I meant he didn't have the pressure of having to score 28 points to give them a chance. All credit to Sam for making the right play the majority of the time and coming through when he needs to, but I am not going to call him elite just yet.

Coates-1_fxiubd.gif

Sammie Coates!

sammie-coates-uses-some-muscles-against-tamu-defender-b.gif
Bell was wide open in the flat. Like he has been for the first 2 games he has been back.

Is there anything better for a qb than a elite RB to dump the ball off to quickly for 4+ yards when nothing else is there? It must be heaven and must be hell for a defense to stop.

squicken

fwiw I totally agree that Ben is much better than Bradford. But also, MIN is down 3 linemen, Peterson, and Adam Thielen was their #1 WR yesterday. Being in the top 5 in pretty much every category ain't just game managing

Bill Barnwell @billbarnwell
When teams get pressure, they sack QB at 22.5% rate. When the Giants get pressure, they sack QBs 7.1% of time. Next-lowest (Rams) is 14.1%.

Weird stat. What I notice from the Giants is it is usually just one guy getting pressure, leaving the QB room to step up or slide away from the rush. But that shouldn't explain that big of a difference

bionic77

i rarely ever post here because it's hard to type while sex and i make lots of money too i'm talkin enough to buy a car
Liar.

If you were really a rich baller you would have the 3rd girl type your posts for your while the other two were earning their next purse by sexing you.

Also, we don't need another fake rich guy.

Too bad Tabris got permed. He deserved to be humiliated for a few more years after he got caught lying about his crib.

The way the Giants playing these last 3 weeks only see one victory in the next 5 weeks, Ravens, Rams, bye week, Eagles and Bengals, Bye Week only winnable week..

Hopefully those drops in the second half were just a result of the laceration he suffered to his hand after the first half.

He's young. Still doesn't expect the ball. Those drops don't worry me one bit.

Bell was wide open in the flat. Like he has been for the first 2 games he has been back.

Is there anything better for a qb than a elite RB to dump the ball off to quickly for 4+ yards when nothing else is there? It must be heaven and must be hell for a defense to stop.

Markus Wheaton was wide open on Brown's Touchdown. Darius Heyward Bey was Wide open on Sammie's second touchdown. Haley is a mastermind, and the Steelers offense are stacked with horses. Wheaton barely gets the ball but he would be a second (and possibly first) on a lot of other offenses in the NFL.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Coates had a pretty awesome stiff arm yesterday, too. Hopefully someone gifs that. Hopefully no one gifs his 5 drops.

Good news everyone Star Wars Battlefront is going to be added to the EA Access vault in December. I still play that game all the time, glad to see more people get to play it.

Awesome. So if the Vikings win the Super Bowl you'll completely discount any role Bradford played in it, right?

Please dont listen to pep on this. Sam has already made more big plays this year then wuss did during the SB run. Plus the vikes D is good this year, but it isnt even close to the Seahawks D that year, and the Vikes cant run at all whereas the Seahawks had Marshawn. The 2 situations are not alike at all.

Bradford > wuss

Hindl

fwiw I totally agree that Ben is much better than Bradford. But also, MIN is down 3 linemen, Peterson, and Adam Thielen was their #1 WR yesterday. Being in the top 5 in pretty much every category ain't just game managing

Weird stat. What I notice from the Giants is it is usually just one guy getting pressure, leaving the QB room to step up or slide away from the rush. But that shouldn't explain that big of a difference

All those offseason contracts with this play is reminding me of the 2012/2015 Eagles offseasons

cdyhybrid

Please dont listen to pep on this. Sam has already made more big plays this year then wuss did during the SB run. Plus the vikes D is good this year, but it isnt even close to the Seahawks D that year, and the Vikes cant run at all whereas the Seahawks had Marshawn. The 2 situations are not alike at all.

Bradford > wuss
Considering Bradford has played in five games and zero in the playoffs, it would seem to be a bit far-fetched to say Bradford has made more big plays than someone who won a Super Bowl.

squicken

YH, brother. Russ will be in the Hall of Fame one day. He's awesome and has been since he came in the league. I was way wrong on that dude and it took a couple of years to figure it out. Lynch is great but the are basically running the Buddy Ryan/Randall Cunningham offense now

All those offseason contracts with this play is reminding me of the 2012/2015 Eagles offseasons

I really do think Vernon is pretty good, and has been worth the money. Their defense is really not the problem. Their offense looks bad, but then MIN and GB in back to back weeks (on the road) is a tough task.

People joked about the NFCE all offseason but it is looking pretty good. None of the teams are outright bad, and Dallas is finally worth watching for all the times they are on TV

News out of the Twin Cities is reporting Sam Bradford will be offering his semen to the local sperm bank.

Thousands of women have flocked to the doors of the clinic in the hopes of having their very own Golden Child.

Am I rich?

Let me put it this way, yes.
You always make me laugh, bead.

Two blockers...and neither touches Morgan on his way to the QB
The way Turner played made it obvious that he was not prepared to play LT AT ALL. I mean he's trash anyway but he was in no way prepared. Knowing the Dolphins luck Laremy Tunsil probably slipped in the shower less than a day before the game or some stupid shit.

squicken

Did Doug Pederson just take a veiled shot at Chip Kelly?

"I think that how we came back in this game, you know, I think it shows the character of this football team and where we are from even a year ago," Pederson said. "I think this game a year ago got out of hand and it got shut down, they got blown out. This group didn't do that yesterday. This group was resilient; this group battled. The sideline was calm. They were — whatever adversity came our way, they were able to overcome it. ... So it’s the sign of a good football team."

He's right. Team cratered last year vs DET when they got down early

Jarnet87

The way Turner played made it obvious that he was not prepared to play LT AT ALL. I mean he's trash anyway but he was in no way prepared. Knowing the Dolphins luck Laremy Tunsil probably slipped in the shower less than a day before the game or some stupid shit.

He was probably getting high.

Imagine week 1 next season when the Steelers line up with Brown, Bryant and Coates. Too bad Stupidvius gonna get suspended by week 5.

Did Doug Pederson just take a veiled shot at Chip Kelly?

He's right. Team cratered last year vs DET when they got down early

They got blown out by the Lions last year because they had a rookie making his first start ever trying to cover megatron 1 on 1, and they had butt fumble at QB and he was totally spooked that game. As soon as he took the snap he was looking to abandon the pocket, and not keeping his eyes downfield at all. LOL at dougie taking shots at anyone when he had the team come out so fucking flat against a terrible Lions team.

Top Bottom