• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-18 TV Season Cancellations: Guess which woman's late night show got cancelled

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
- HBO’s Richard Plepler On OTT StrategyI haven't seen HBO Now numbers recently, nor had I looked at the cord cutter numbers in a while. Just wanted to post this in the thread as some people might be interested. The 3.5 million number seems off because Time Warner said they had 2+ million in February of this year on a conference call. As of last year, HBO had about 50 million subscribers in the US.
Maybe half of the HBO Now subscribers only subscribe during GoT?

Rvaan

Banned
Are the people who are making the Inhumans drinking game making the OT (read as support group) or is someone else doing that?

Maybe half of the HBO Now subscribers only subscribe during GoT?
Heh. I think people grossly overestimate the annual HBO Now churn based purely on GoT subscribers that drop after the season, but I am curious how many people actually do that.

Patryn

Sepinwall on Inhumans:

At that TCA panel, Loeb repeatedly scolded critics who took issue with one aspect of the show or another, insisting we were being unfair in judging an unfinished product. Amazingly, the version that will air on Friday night is worse than what the TCA got to see in the summer.

God damn. This thing is so DOA. I'm thinking 0.2.

berzeli

Banned
I feel like the drinking game should be it's own thing in case folks wanna actually watch and enjoy the show on their own...
I'm not sure if there's enough interest to maintain two threads, and considering how virtually every thread on Inhumans has been renamed Inhumass it would be very on brand for the OT to just take the piss.

ZeoVGM

Banned
You must have missed the earlier article: ABC wanted to cancel Agents of SHIELD but Disney overrode the decision and forced them to renew it.

The article made it sound like there was debate at ABC ("some" thought it should be canceled) but I'm sure the pressure from Disney pushed them in the direction of renewal.

So, if they're moving Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Fridays, that's like taking it behind the shed.
I guess it's the last season. Shame.
Apart from season one, I think it actually gets better and better.
I hope they at least finish it and don't end on a cliffhanger.

We'll see. Here's hoping they can get a solid hold on Fridays that ABC is happy with.

Penguin

I'm not sure if there's enough interest to maintain two threads, and considering how virtually every thread on Inhumans has been renamed Inhumass it would be very on brand for the OT to just take the piss.

That's a fair point

Perhaps Cornballer can weigh in?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished The Good Place season 1, that was super pleasant. Top tier TV Gaf recommendation tbh. Extra points for being able to follow Season 2 weekly on Netflix.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Prediction!

Will & Grace - 1.8

Notes:

- Will & Grace was one of the highest rated comedies of all time
- It's been 11 years since the series finale
- Last fall's 2016 YouTube election special became a viral sensation, leading to the show being revived
- The show had never been available to stream anywhere until last month, so up till now the only way for it to gain new fans was via DVD and/or syndicated TV
and/or piracy ☠️
- The new season is actually getting good reviews

Mixed feelings about Mist. It was goofy as heck, but i kinda got into when it abandoned the source material and became low budget Silent Hill in the last 3rd.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does The Good Place do alright in the ratings?

G0523

Prediction!

Will & Grace - 1.8

Notes:

- Will & Grace was one of the highest rated comedies of all time
- It's been 11 years since the series finale
- Last fall's 2016 YouTube election special became a viral sensation, leading to the show being revived
- The show had never been available to stream anywhere until last month, so up till now the only way for it to gain new fans was via DVD and/or syndicated TV
and/or piracy ☠️
- The new season is actually getting good reviews

I'm gonna be optimistic about this one. So I'm gonna go with a 2.3.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just watched episode 3 of The Orville, the dreaded “you should watch this because the critics did when thry slammed the show and its only fair” episode.

And the critics were wrong to slam this show. A handful of failed jokes aside, this show is shaping up to be a pretty decent Star Trek, if they adjust the writing according to the valid critism on the humor they have a pretty good show right there.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
An OT has been prepared. These are the thread title ideas:

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Marvel's Inhumane Television

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Bucking the trend of MCU quality

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Not the X-Men, but totally the X-Men

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Come for the dog, stay for the alcohol poisoning

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Blame Scott Buck, or God

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Making high school productions blush

berzeli

Banned
Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | At least Lockjaw looks cute

From the review thread:
Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | what the f*** did I just watch?

This one isn't mine but I can't find who came up with it:
Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Losing Faith Inhumanity

Considering October is Halloween month:

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | We Don't Need Ratings Where We're Going

As for actual ratings guess, pffff: 0.7 because some people can't help themselves to watch a trainwreck.

Rvaan

Banned
For your consideration:

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Crimes Against Inhumanity

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Marvel Shoulda Black Bolt'd Away From This

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Oh The Inhumanity

Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Fridays on ABC | Loeb Buck'd Up

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Will & Grace - 2.0
Inhumans - 0.8

I'll probably check out Will & Grace tonight. I'm definitely watching Inhumans.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Marvel's Inhumans |OT| Just Smoke Som--wait, we've been here before...

Top Bottom