• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-18 TV Season Cancellations: Guess which woman's late night show got cancelled

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

It got 68K in L+SD and 87K in L+3.

That is fucking awful, but also not unexpected given that it was sent out to die.

I'm not sure the new programming they're developing is going to fare any better. They have The Boys, Scarlet, and Warrior coming up next.

The Boys is at Amazon now and Scarlet is most likely dead. Warrior has been ordered to series though.

What exactly is the appeal of Cinemax in 2017?

There isn't any. Hence the upcoming 2018 reboot.

Zoe

Yep. I watched but it wasn't very good so I doubt I'll watch anymore. I'm just not interested in a multi-cam comedy with a laugh track in 2017. No matter how many Trump jokes they made it just felt tired and stale.

I thought it leaned too hard on all the Trump jokes, but I think they hinted at the end that this would be the only episode like that.

I just witnessed the dumbest scene on a major network on a primetime show I have ever seen....

And it wasn't Inhumans(and honestly I even enjoyed the stupidity of the scene.)

What show?

Hawaii 5-0.

Forest fire has the gang trapped in the middle, McGarrett runs through the burning forest and gets rescued,
He returns with a helicopter and lowers the winch, all 3 cant be rescued by it for some reason,
so McGarrett tells them to strap it to a nearby cabin and to get in......

He then lifts the entire cabin up by helicopter and flys into the sunset

Rvaan

Banned
Hawaii 5-0.

Forest fire has the gang trapped in the middle, McGarrett runs through the burning forest and gets rescued,
He returns with a helicopter and lowers the winch, all 3 cant be rescued by it for some reason,

That... that's not how that works.

TripOpt55

Hawaii 5-0.

This gave me a good laugh.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Hawaii 5-0 was jealous of all the buzz Zoo got this summer.

One of the most hilarious things ever.
They certainly topped the plane landing on a mainstreet and the Power Rangers tier military Iron Man suit.
620-8.jpg

I love this show lol.

Linkura

Hawaii 5-0.

Holy shit, this is completely insane.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I can't wait to see what Week 2 of Marvel's Inhumans looks like.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The ratings or the episode?

The ratings. Heck, maybe the episode too lol. You gotta think, the opener was their 'A' game. How much cheaper can it get

Linkura

Exorcist premiere....

jayzd.gif

And of course they locked the premiere on their site so no-cable folks like me can't watch yet...

Inhumans only dropping .1 between the two hours is somewhat surprising. Makes me think most people were indeed watching it for the trainwreck.

Penguin

The ratings. Heck, maybe the episode too lol. You gotta think, the opener was their 'A' game. How much cheaper can it get

Yeah when episode 2 basically starts with them trimming the budget between Medusa's hair and putting Lockjaw to sleep (not like that!), you have to imagine what the non-IMAX stuff looks like...

finished The Good Place season 1, that was super pleasant. Top tier TV Gaf recommendation tbh. Extra points for being able to follow Season 2 weekly on Netflix.

I agree. Watched the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed it. I'm digging the cheery outlook. Positive fun.

Netflix international strikes me as a better gig than what we get in the US. Rebroadcasting shows like this and Star Trek beats the heck out of a Hulu or
god help us
CBS All Access subscription.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I agree. Watched the first couple of episodes and really enjoyed it. I'm digging the cheery outlook. Positive fun.

Netflix international strikes me as a better gig than what we get in the US. Rebroadcasting shows like this and Star Trek beats the heck out of a Hulu or
god help us
CBS All Access subscription.
When I read that Star Trek Discovery gets weekly airings ok Netflix I was pretty pissed off.

Also I find it weird that Netflix has Fuller House, but not Full House.

Pachimari

I’m not feeling The Good Place too much. I took a month break or so from my viewing as I got tired of the whole Chidi teaching her thing, but I like it’s simple nature and comedy well enough really.

Started up This Is Us just now and it was something entirely different than what I expected, as I had been thinking of Atlanta every time This Is Us had been mentioned. I liked that it was so relationship focused and I hope some interesting storylines or arcs come out of some of these plots.

Inhumans was barely bad. I liked the pilot and what they set up but it kind of falls apart the second with some very bad dialogue, some strange set ups and boy does it get boring at times, cause I feel the plot itself doesn’t have much freshness to bring. I’m definitely in for the whole season though.

Slayven

I was just thinking about The Middle, here is a show that been on for almost a decade and no one talks about it.

I’m not feeling The Good Place too much. I took a month break or so from my viewing as I got tired of the whole Chidi teaching her thing, but I like it’s simple nature and comedy well enough really.

Started up This Is Us just now and it was something entirely different than what I expected, as I had been thinking of Atlanta every time This Is Us had been mentioned. I liked that it was so relationship focused and I hope some interesting storylines or arcs come out of some of these plots.

Inhumans was barely bad. I liked the pilot and what they set up but it kind of falls apart the second with some very bad dialogue, some strange set ups and boy does it get boring at times, cause I feel the plot itself doesn’t have much freshness to bring. I’m definitely in for the whole season though.

The first 3/4 was boring and over written. The whole thing should have been a smooth 90 minutes if that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
been rewatching Hannibal (I never finished S3), were those rumblings of it coming back legit? Hopefully Netflix picks it up if true, if only because its the one I have easy access to ;_;

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm not feeling The Good Place too much. I took a month break or so from my viewing as I got tired of the whole Chidi teaching her thing, but I like it's simple nature and comedy well enough really.
So you haven't even finished the first season? You have no idea how great this show is. S2 just keeps getting better also.

Linkura

With the Exorcist and Scream Queens making it past season one, it makes you wonder just what the hell were Fox thinking. And I say this as a fan of both shows.

Yup, before I read your post, I was going to mention Scream Queens as well. Fox is really weird sometimes...

Pachimari

So you haven't even finished the first season? You have no idea how great this show is. S2 just keeps getting better also.
I haven’t finished it yet. But I think I like to watch an episode here, and an episode there whenever I feel like it. It can make you in a better mood. I got 7 episodes left.

Also come to think of it, I’ve never seen a single episode of Will & Grace.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I haven’t finished it yet. But I think I like to watch an episode here, and an episode there whenever I feel like it. It can make you in a better mood. I got 7 episodes left.
I agree with you, I stopped binging shows.

Yup. The Exorcist, on the other hand... not sure why they renewed it.
They were probably hoping the good word of mouth would attract more people.
No one expected the show to be worth watching but it turned out to be really good.
I remember one critic that was harsh on the pilot that went back and wrote an editorial to say he was wrong and most of the flaws he pointed out in the first episode actually ended up making sense later in the show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Still waiting for those final Friday numbers...

Oops, my mistake. Wow, they really don't have much coming up and the cupboard is bare right now, too. At least Warrior sounds like an interesting concept.

They had some really interesting sounding things that were killed after Corey Bloys took over. :/ (RIP Micronesian Blues)
Yep, Warrior sounds awesome. Hopefully they can find someone who is great at martial arts and can also act.

Yep. It never should have even been renewed. Fox deserves the low numbers.

They probably would have been better off renewing Pitch.

Linkura

They were probably hoping the good word of mouth would attract more people.
No one expected the show to be worth watching but it turned out to be really good.
I remember one critic that was harsh on the pilot that went back and wrote an editorial to say he was wrong and most of the flaws he pointed out in the first episode actually ended up making sense later in the show.

Yeah, I liked the show myself, but there has basically been zero press coverage or hype for this season. If they really wanted to make a second season work, they didn't try hard enough.

They did try for Scream Queens, but that situation was totally hopeless.

berzeli

Banned
Inhumans will not be long for this world...
Good. I just got done with the first episode. It's impressive just how bad it is, it's like everything is the first draft/idea.

I'm honestly astonished.
I'm just saying, this is a real photo:
pLQUaZO.jpg

(although I'm not sure a helicopter could do it)
Should I be a Neil deGrasse Tyson and point out that the physics for what you posted and the helicopter thing is wildly different? No, no I should not because the world doesn't need more Neil deGrasse Tysons.
been rewatching Hannibal (I never finished S3), were those rumblings of it coming back legit? Hopefully Netflix picks it up if true, if only because its the one I have easy access to ;_;
Are they in talks about it? Yes.
Does that mean anything? No.
Should Bryan Fuller shut the fuck up about it until he knows something for certain because it is just cruel at this point to tease? Yes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Killjoys any good? I assume... not >_>

Top Bottom