• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-18 TV Season Cancellations: Guess which woman's late night show got cancelled

Tagg9

Now to hope for Designated Survivor to get the same treatment.

What? Doesn't it have a full season order?

In related news, Natascha McElhone (Kirkman's wife) is going to be starring in a new drama next year, which would mean she'd be absent for the third season (if the series survives). I've no idea how they would write out her character unless they want to pull a 24.
http://deadline.com/2017/09/natasch...hulu-exit-designated-survivor-abc-1202177797/

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I will watch Inhumans while waiting for the return of Agents of SHIELD.

Inhumans is going to be the hottest hate watch of the season. They've got shaved redheads with alien DNA, sweaty black leather outfits in Hawaii, and the production values of a high school charity event. It has everything!

Sober

Well since I cannot make heads or tails of how to start reading Marvel comics, maybe my time is better spent on that.

Inhumans is going to be the hottest hate watch of the season. They've got shaved redheads with alien DNA, sweaty black leather outfits in Hawaii, and the production values of a high school charity event. It has everything!

I made it through all of The Strain, but I'm not even touching Inhumans. I just can't do it.

Seal Team was an enjoyable average quality show, hope it does well.

I'm not interested in watching it, but I hope it succeeds so Boreanaz will continue his decades long streak of being on television. Then in a a decade or so we can have a Bones revival.

Patryn

Awww man. It ended on a cliffhanger too.

Paying attention to the talk around when it premiered it was always a dead show walking. It had the unfortunate luck of the being the last high profile show ordered just before they decided to switch from Spike to The Paramount Network, and any time people asked about the future of the show given the switch I seem to recall people were being really cagey.

Mindwipe

Well since I cannot make heads or tails of how to start reading Marvel comics, maybe my time is better spent on that.

Subscribe to Marvel Unlimited, pick some discrete completed runs. Never worry about reading everything. The MU app has a huge recommendation section with reading orders too.

Comic-GAF is always willing to chip in with recs.

strafer

My interest for NCIS has really fallen ever since Michael left, didn't watch last season apart from the first episode.

But I tuned in for the season 15 premiere.

This used to be my favorite show.

Carcetti

Soo, about this Mist show. It's been haunting my netflix front page now and I was gonna give it a try. Then I remembered that none of the trailers ever showed any monsters. Does it even have monsters?

kurahador

Soo, about this Mist show. It's been haunting my netflix front page now and I was gonna give it a try. Then I remembered that none of the trailers ever showed any monsters. Does it even have monsters?

It has
smoke
monster. Yeah, don't bother.

jrush64

Banned
My interest for NCIS has really fallen ever since Michael left, didn't watch last season apart from the first episode.

But I tuned in for the season 15 premiere.

This used to be my favorite show.

NCIS is a show that is out of compelling story lines to tell. I dont think the new cast is bad but you can definitely see the show's missing DiNozzo.

Whooter

The monsters are mostly the human characters.

Senteevs

So, if they're moving Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Fridays, that's like taking it behind the shed.
I guess it's the last season. Shame.
Apart from season one, I think it actually gets better and better.
I hope they at least finish it and don't end on a cliffhanger.

Patryn

So, if they're moving Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Fridays, that's like taking it behind the shed.

You must have missed the earlier article: ABC wanted to cancel Agents of SHIELD but Disney overrode the decision and forced them to renew it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You must have missed the earlier article: ABC wanted to cancel Agents of SHIELD but Disney overrode the decision and forced them to renew it.
I look forward to S6 airing on Saturday afternoons in the middle of summer.

Senteevs

I'm basing my assumption on that article. They forced them to renew it for this season. If the ratings are not good, I doubt it will happen again.

can't be worse than the The Following

This comment implies that The Following was bad, which it wasn't. It was so amazingly awful that it looped back around to being one of the the best broadcast shows of the last decade.

I wish it was still on. Classic Poe.

Penguin

Seems like a healthy night

Everything above a 1.0 except CW reruns

Fast-Demo-2017-Sep-27.WED_.png

- HBO’s Richard Plepler On OTT Strategy
Recent reports have pegged the number of subscribers to HBO Now at 3.5 million as of last summer, which puts it in front of the pack of network OTTs though still far from the level of linear HBO or non-linear streaming giants like Netflix.

Plepler maintained the move into OTT followed in a long legacy of HBO’s innovation, noting it was an early proponent of multiplexing and video on demand in the 1990s and then set out to develop HBO Go in the early 2000s. When HBO Now was first being contemplated, he recalled, there were about 5 million broadband-only homes in the U.S. At the time of the service’s unveiling, in March 2015, that number had crept up to 8 million. Today, Plepler said, about 19.5 million homes have only broadband rather than traditional cable or satellite service.
I haven't seen HBO Now numbers recently, nor had I looked at the cord cutter numbers in a while. Just wanted to post this in the thread as some people might be interested. The 3.5 million number seems off because Time Warner said they had 2+ million in February of this year on a conference call. As of last year, HBO had about 50 million subscribers in the US.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Poor Blacklist, only a 1.1. At least we got this fifth season.

Looks like ABC viewers gave Speechless the Blood & Oil treatment, ouch.

Is that good or bad for Survivor and Seal Team?

A little soft for SEAL Team. Compare its 1.5 to the 1.6 that NCIS got last night and the monster numbers the CBS comedies got on Monday.

1.7 for a show as old as Survivor is probably pretty good, although it got a 2.3 last year, which is a serious drop.

It gets to get help from Once Upon a Time, whats the worst that could happen.

Top Bottom