• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017-18 TV Season Cancellations: Guess which woman's late night show got cancelled

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There's Johnny Coming to Hulu

...Hulu also will also premiere the new Paul Reiser period comedy There's Johnny, set against the backdrop of the Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, that was originally set to debut on NBC's soon-to-be-defunct streaming app Seeso. Other shows included in the agreement are Syfy's reality competition series Face Off and the UK series Made in Chelsea.

Also of interest

Thanks in no small part fo the success of The Handmaid's Tale, as well as the acquisition of 7,500 TV episodes, Hulu has seen a 98 percent spike in subscribers since March

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Whoa, long wait.

Hm, do I need to start watching This is Us? Saw part of an episode on an airplane and it didn't seem bad. So many people tuning in sort of makes me want to check it out even more.
It’s above average for network television.

A shame more people don't watch the FOX comedies, things aren't going to get any easier when ABC is back with its comedy roster next week.

Dang, I am really surprised This Is Us is doing so well. Most network TV is pretty lousy, but I thought the few episodes I watched of it were especially bad.

Penguin

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/abc-idol-inhuman-1202573827/

Ha so this makes sense finally!

“Inhumans” has not been the only source of friction between ABC and Marvel. Earlier this year, the mandate came down from Disney for ABC to renew its other Marvel drama, “Agents of SHIELD,” despite the desire by some at the network to end the series after four seasons. Having aired on Tuesdays since its inception, “SHIELD” is shifting to Friday nights this season when “Inhumans” finishes its initial eight-episode run.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders - 1.6

Prediction!

Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders

Note - It has This is Us as its lead in

Law & Order: True Crime - 2.3

2.4 for me.

Fail!

Jeez, did people just throw their TVs out the window when This Is Us was over? Lol

I'm not sure why NBC thought a show about 2 kids murdering their parents would be compatible with This is Us...

Slayven

Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders - 1.6

Fail!

I'm not sure why NBC thought a show about 2 kids murdering their parents would be compatible with This is Us...

What a bonehead move. Remember the ancient days of the 90s when NBC knew how to program?

Penguin

Didn't know ABC made The Mayor pilot available. Checked it out really liked it. Can see it getting an audience.

Though can also see some complain, it seems very left leaning.

Pixieking

Banned
B99 adjusted down in the finals, it's going to be a long year for Tuesday comedies on Fox.

It was pretty downbeat, too. Totally makes sense for the storyline to not be a barrel of laughs, but I wonder if it'll make people tune out faster. Wife and I have decided to watch the next 2 or 3 episodes in one go, so it's less depressing... I wonder if others will do the same.

The Mist cancelled. Awww, and we got (barely) got to three pages --50ppp-- on the OT too. ( /s )

tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o4_250.gif

tumblr_nl45ykX4uM1qbsh19o3_250.gif

It was pretty downbeat, too. Totally makes sense for the storyline to not be a barrel of laughs, but I wonder if it'll make people tune out faster. Wife and I have decided to watch the next 2 or 3 episodes in one go, so it's less depressing... I wonder if others will do the same.

Strange way to start the season . . . It's like shows want to get cancelled these days.

Dang, I am really surprised This Is Us is doing so well. Most network TV is pretty lousy, but I thought the few episodes I watched of it were especially bad.

I'm consistently surprised how a lot of people on GAF don't like this show from what I've seen. Its not remotely my typical kind of show and I don't watch it religiously but my wife does so I see a lot of it, and it has some really beautiful scenes and great acting / performances.

I can easily see why its so huge

Pixieking

Banned
Strange way to start the season . . . It's like shows want to get cancelled these days.

Yeah, but like I say, it makes sense for the storyline. Judging from the episode names, I think it maybe would've been more "feel good" if they'd had the first 2 eps back-to-back, but B99 does do drama more often than, say Big Bang Theory, so there would've been no tension there at all with both eps airing straight away. I suppose it all comes down to what viewers are wanting/expecting on the night, and how that affects future thoughts on the series. My wife and I both delay things that are "heavy" or "depressing" til we're in the mood for them, and I'm guessing this is fairly common.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wait they made a frequency tv show? Was it any good? I love that movie.
It's kind of meh since the premise really couldn't be dragged out for a TV series. Probably the best thing about it is that they filmed an ending for it after it was cancelled.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Netflix is putting 500 million dollars into Canadian TV????

I wonder if that means actual TV content, or if that means things like paying for Star Trek since it's filmed here. lol

berzeli

Banned
Netflix is putting 500 million dollars into Canadian TV????

I wonder if that means actual TV content, or if that means things like paying for Star Trek since it's filmed here. lol
Moira "does anyone remember Pan Am?" Walley-Beckett's Anne of Green Gables Cinematic Universe.
Book it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This cancellation news has me...misty-eyed.
Not really, I couldn't even finish the season. Boooooooring.

Rvaan

Banned
You madman, we don't want to kill Berzeli!

The plan is not to kill him but to make him associate pain with the Inhumans TV show. Next time he wants to watch it he remembers the pain from the last time and hopefully does not make the same mistake twice.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The plan is not to kill him but to make him associate pain with the Inhumans TV show. Next time he wants to watch it he remembers the pain from the last time and hopefully does not make the same mistake twice.

Or he'll get so drunk that he thinks he's enjoying it. The show's biggest fan will be born.

Top Bottom