• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Junior Men's Ice Hockey Championship |OT| Canada's Salty Holiday Tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
SERGEEEEE

Sergachev isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a player with such an ability and movement with the puck? Sergachev puts the game in another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. Crosby breaks records. Ovechkin breaks records. Sergachev breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

calder

Seems to have too much personality for the habs.
"The way our game is structured and the way Sergachev plays … we’re headed in a different direction. Mikhail is an offensive defenceman and a risk-taker. But the way we’re coached on our team, the way our team is structured, that’s not what were looking for. We’re looking for a steady type of defenceman that makes quick plays and is able to move the puck right away. Tyler Myers fits that bill perfectly.”
- Carey Price

Ristifer

I am never going to buy a Nike product again because of this fucking commercial
Thank you.

I actually leave the room when these commercials come on. What a bunch of annoying fucking ads. Holy shit. I don't usually care too much about irritating commercials, but these take the cake. And you know they'll be running these the whole tournament.

Reckheim

Jokes aside, if the habs were gonna flop one year they should be glad it was last year. That draft was deep as fuck. I could see sargatchev going second or third in this year's draft.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jokes aside, if the habs were gonna flop one year they should be glad it was last year. That draft was deep as fuck. I could see sargatchev going second or third in this year's draft.
So far he's looking like a big steal, there's a very good chance he plays on the Habs next season.

USA looking good. My alma mater, Boston University, has 6-7 kids on the team -- one of them a special talent named McAvoy.

He could take them far.

Red_Man

Guess we won't see Sergachev for the rest of the game.

Sick play from Canada

Red_Man

lol I learned something today, still can't say I like it though
It's really stupid, and something they've definitely backed off of in recent years. It was at its worst during the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

calder

lol I learned something today, still can't say I like it though
It's pretty awful, I cringe every time I see it - which is a lot sadly even though I don't think TSN has used it in years. It's often said in a fairly innocuous "this is a thing that defines us" way which I hope was the original intent but you can tell a lot of idiots say it in more of a possessive "we own this shit" fashion that's absurd and embarrassing.

Holiday

Banned
It's really stupid, and something they've definitely backed off of in recent years. It was at its worst during the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

It's pretty awful, I cringe every time I see it - which is a lot sadly even though I don't think TSN has used it in years. It's often said in a fairly innocuous "this is a thing that defines us" way which I hope was the original intent but you can tell a lot of idiots say it in more of a possessive "we own this shit" fashion that's absurd and embarrassing.
Interesting stuff, thanks for the context!

Quick

Banned

Truth. It's pretty cringey. It's the kind of shit rednecks would eat up.

Like, stepping out of that bubble, it just seems really overzealous and unnecessary. I guess sports in general is exactly like this.

Red_Man

"We can beat that team 100% every time. They're only good in the first period. We should have won that game." - Sergachev. #Habs
Cherry is going to love this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom