• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Just finished watching. Absolutely incredible, those feels still stinging. I was particularly shocked by Hellers closing remark. That was really fucking grim, even by 24's standards.

I'm very much hoping we get another 12 (or however many) episode season, but with a bit better pacing this time. The Margot/Russians & Chinese plots should've been more evenly divided.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Not sure what I was expecting, but it was something more I guess?

Audrey's death, not so good. That whole miniplot did not work for me.

I can see S10 being a prison break for sure, or, the Russians making Jack work for them which might be more interesting.

Either way, I still really enjoyed this season and look forward to more.

G_Berry

Banned
My reaction to the finale in GIF form...

itWoaa4Ziah77.gif

LOL

Greatest show of all time.

I enjoyed another season of 24, and like the past (this one worse because of the shortened season) it went too damn fast, but that's how you know some is good is when your like "its the finale already" GOD I GONNA NEED ANOTHER HIT STAT!

Hooooly fuuuuuck.

What a finale.

YES at MGS Co-op Tanker Mission
LOL at Cheng thinking he can out CQC Big Boss
RIP Audrey
CMON Kate you should always assume there is a second shooter. Always. This is your fault.
LOL at Samurai Jack
DAMN at Hellers final monologue
FUCK Yeah. 24 Movie NOW. DO IT.

Vally

Wow... what an episode.

At first I was OK with this season being the last, but it can't end like this, we need a season 10, dammit! With Tony, Kate, Chloe and Belcheck trying to rescue Jack, basically what Season 6 should have been.

123rl

Wow, that was rough. That was a great resolution but it was tough to watch. I wanted Bauer to escape back to America as he had been pardoned of all his crimes. Having him captured by the Russians is a massive downer and an awful way to end the series. I just hope this is because it's the setup for a new season or film.

I. Want. More. 24!

Tugatrix

Damn it Audrey ;_;

Jack went apeshit and fucked Cheng Crew

Decapitation was too soft for that SOB

Jack captured by the Russians, he need Tony next season to save him, if they make another season.

Heller speech so hearth breaking

jey_16

Banned
fuck me....that was crazy, can't believe they ended it like that. I thought i should have recognised the guy at the end, didn't realise it was the russians.

there has to be another season, Kate rescues Jack pls

i think I'm going to watch season 3, its the only season i missed....worth watching?

tenz0r

That was awesome, I need more 24 quick. I really hope they bring back 24. Hopefully with the 24 Panel at Comic Con next week, there will be some sort of announcement.

Just rename the show to "Jack Bauer", and forget the real time events. Anything to make it easier for the writers and creators to give us more!

fuck me....that was crazy, can't believe they ended it like that. I thought i should have recognised the guy at the end, didn't realise it was the russians.

there has to be another season, Kate rescues Jack pls

i think I'm going to watch season 3, its the only season i missed....worth watching?

Definitely. It was a great season.

DieH@rd

Banned
Just saw it. It was amazing.
highlander1b2jlo.jpg

Yes, we saw lot of recycled events, but it was very fun to see the Game of Drones, Game of Throws, Return of the Chang, The Quickening, and end with the Russians.

Graet fun. Want more. Kate needs to be main character in S9.

I very much enjoyed that. I'm happy with the ending regardless of which direction they take with it, but I am hoping they decide to rectify Season 6 by giving us the "Escape from Foreign Soil" that that season should have been. Audrey's death was a little funny in how it was executed, particularly the carefree stroll through the park without even considering that there would be more than one individual. I'm glad Chloe survived. Heller's final speech was one of the best monologues in the series. I had honestly thought for a moment after Jack was grabbing Cheng that he was bringing him to a window in that room and was going to chuck him over the edge of the boat and be responsible for World War 3, and when t then became clear he was bringing him to a camera, I thought momentarily that he would execute him before there was confirmation, and be responsibl for World War 3. The Tanker Mission was also quite excellent.

Hooooly fuuuuuck.

What a finale.

YES at MGS Co-op Tanker Mission
LOL at Cheng thinking he can out CQC Big Boss
RIP Audrey
CMON Kate you should always assume there is a second shooter. Always. This is your fault.
LOL at Samurai Jack
DAMN at Hellers final monologue
FUCK Yeah. 24 Movie NOW. DO IT.
Actually, the bolded makes me surprised they passed on the opportunity to have Cheng engage Jack in a sword fight. Not many opportunities present themselves where Jack and his current foe can settle their differences with samurai swords.

Tugatrix

Actually, the bolded makes me surprised they passed on the opportunity to have Cheng engage Jack in a sword fight. Not many opportunities present themselves where Jack and his current foe can settle their differences with samurai swords.

And Queen cue in the background

"Here we are, born to be kings
We're the princes of the universe"

Slowdive

Banned
Jon Cassar on more 24:

"Right now, I think it's safe to say there isn't a next instalment," he said. "I mean, not that there won't be, but there isn't anything planned.

"We need to just get away for a month so we can all just catch our breath again and be human beings again, because you're just in such a heightened state when you shoot the show. And then we can start talking about if there's going to be another 24."

Cassar also hinted that should 24 return, it could deal with Jack Bauer's (Kiefer Sutherland) advancing years.

"As far as age, I think we'll just start playing that," he explained. "Kiefer and I have even talked about it.

"If Jack Bauer comes back, you just start playing the fact that he is getting older and he is not as fast as he was. And maybe that's part of the new story, that he isn't the machine that he used to be and he has to start dealing with that.

"Because that would be interesting, too. I mean, I would like to see that Jack Bauer."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s9...ries-future-there-isnt-a-next-instalment.html

I wonder if they'll announce something at Comic-Con.

I think the SDCC appearance will be more of a retrospective, but they will at least mention that they are not closing the book and are open to more 24. I wouldn't be surprised if we got another season of Live Another Day to close out the whole series in like, 2016 maybe.

stn

I feel like
Audrey's death
was simply done to fill the annual kill-a-major-character-on-24 quota. Could have been just as emotional with Jack being taken away and her having to deal with that. Though Heller's speech at the end...oh man.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I wouldn't mind an Old Jack. It could give the other players a chance to ramp up their participation and give Jack a chance to do something a little different.

Of course that would all rely on strong writing and acting for and from the side characters (not to mention Old Jack)

I just don't think a greatest hits will work again. It's time to change or die.

Edit: an alternate way to do this is a movie. Then again that "movie" preceding one of the recent seasons was weak imo

Meier

I feel like
Audrey's death
was simply done to fill the annual kill-a-major-character-on-24 quota. Could have been just as emotional with Jack being taken away and her having to deal with that. Though Heller's speech at the end...oh man.

Without it, there's no impetus for the Heller speech at the end. That was absolutely gutwrenching.

Great finale, so ready for more. Jack's buddy/mercenary Balchack (sp) was awesome -- nice little addition. The spec ops part with the infrared satellite coverage was incredible.

I'm just glad I don't have to look at Audrey's rat face anymore.

Plus, who doesn't love a suicidal, raging Jack Bauer?

My prediction for the next big bad is Mark Boudreau.

Tugatrix

I'm good with the idea of an old Jack on a more mentorship role. I even think Kate could pick up the mantle, but first she, Tony and Chloe have to save jack from the Russians. A season devoted to Jack escape would be awesome.

give me the Rock Sean connery esque jack.

i still find it hilarious that china is so eager to go to war within hours of one of their ships being hit, especially in 24 universe where nukes going off happens often enough to give pause before making those kind of decisions ;)

Slowdive

Banned
Gordon told Deadline that he and his writing team contemplated killing off Jack Bauer in the season closer, which aired last night in the US.

"We certainly tried out a lot of different endings and we rearranged the furniture every which way in the room," Gordon explained.

"So we knew what it looked like for other characters to have met with different ends and we tried them all on, up to and including Jack himself."

Gordon explained that while the possibility of killing Jack "was intriguing... it had to be done just right".

"This has always been a show that is really about the days and the life of this man and no day is probably as intense as a person's last day," he said.

"So killing Jack was something that was intriguing to us all but it had to be done just right - and that didn't present itself to us."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s9...-live-another-day-ending.html#~oK61tS5QycnMnr

Firebrand

Season started off a bit slow but overall I think it was way better than seasons 6 to 8. Don't mind the 12 episode format, earlier seasons often felt like they were split into multiple arcs anyway.

Casting Kevin McNally just for one scene seems a bit odd, hopefully they've got something planned for him in case there's a season 10.

Yeah, Jack needs to go out like a hero.
Kim picks him up at the airport, but oh no, there's a mountain lion in the back seat

Dammit Kim

Blader

Season started off a bit slow but overall I think it was way better than seasons 6 to 8. Don't mind the 12 episode format, earlier seasons often felt like they were split into multiple arcs anyway.

The 12-episode format didn't even matter in the end, the writers just crammed two stories that would have normally been told in 12 episodes each into 8 and 4 instead.

Top Bottom