• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

the problem with 24 and most shows on network tv with an interesting lead, like say House or CSI miami, the rest of the cast are just... there for the most part.

24 was pretty much just Jack and lady palmer imo.

Palmer was infinitely better than his wife. And Chloe is pretty awesome too. But yeah, most the cast are a bunch of idiots that suffer from selective amnesia and can change loyalty on a dime.

Still, this is the Jack Bauer Power Hour! This train don't stop for anyone else!

Bishop89

well.... i caved and just bought all 8 seasons (+ redemption) of the series on dvd.

REALLY wanted to wait for bluray releases but I cant wait forever for fox, that and I got them all 20% off..

Time to start from scratch again :) (whilst watching the new season :p )

Finally caught up. Good opening. Good to have Jack back. That CQC opening though. Kojima has trained him well.

iI32dsiII0ypR.gif

This caught me totally off-guard.

Yep This made me LOL

Palmer was infinitely better than his wife. And Chloe is pretty awesome too. But yeah, most the cast are a bunch of idiots that suffer from selective amnesia and can change loyalty on a dime.

Still, this is the Jack Bauer Power Hour! This train don't stop for anyone else!
TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY TONY

Dobsie

Ah this is so cool that its set in London, the US airforce base in episode 1 is RAF Northolt. I drive past it every day on my way to work.

dabig2

If this is truly the final 24 Pierce, Novik and Tony need to show up

Mandy too. And Daniel Day Kim for being one of the few named CTU field agents not to get murdered. Maybe throw in a Chase too (like he was out on vacation when the nuke hit so he's totally fine minus the arm still).

It's possible they were, but admittedly we can't be certain. Chloe was arrested (it isn't just implied) in the epilogue to season 8 which was featured on the Blu-Ray's release.

See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4vKxNgnPI

EDIT: See above.

It was in the Season 8 DVD's.

oh, good
thanks for confirming that

well.... i caved and just bought all 8 seasons (+ redemption) of the series on dvd.

REALLY wanted to wait for bluray releases but I cant wait forever for fox, that and I got them all 20% off..

Time to start from scratch again :) (whilst watching the new season :p )

i think i'll do the same , it's strange the they have HD release for amazon's prime but not yet on BD
how's the picture quality ? i know it's not a BD but i'm really sick of the TV-rip that aren't HD and has many pixels on HDTV nowadays

B4D1E

Tony will be back!

Praise the Lord!!!

It's so weird watching 24 now that I follow 24 GAF squad. Everytime something awesome happen, I know it will end up with a gif on this thread lol. It's also great to learn a lot of side stuff that I would have missed.

Bishop89

how's the picture quality ? i know it's not a BD but i'm really sick of the TV-rip that aren't HD and has many pixels on HDTV nowadays

Well you probably would get a better answer from someone else, as i am not the fussiest when it comes to picture quality, but I think it looks pretty good. I have no complaints, but again...Im easy to please lol

Also, first episode of 24 is kidna weird in retrospect lol.

Cant believe its been so long since I first saw it air.

fushi

Pretty sure James Badge Dale parted with the show on bad terms so I doubt he'll be back. I'd be down for the rest though!
Doesn't sound like it:
Switching gears a bit, you were a bit part of the third season of "24." What do you think of the announcement that it's coming back as a limited run series next year?

I know, I saw that! [laughs] I love that show, I loved working on that show, I love Kiefer [Sutherland]. I think it's cool, I don't know what they're going to do, cause it's a limited run?

Yeah, I think it's 12 episodes, but still real-time.

Still real-time? Are they going to skip an hour for traffic?

That's what it sounds like.

Cool, aright. It's a lot more realistic now. We used to get places fast, man! We got from Long Beach to Downtown LA in, like, 10 minutes in one episode.
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/james_b...world_war_z_dungeons_dragons_and_more-2013-05

Juz

Pretty solid premiere. Feels like old school 24 for sure.

Just gotta watch the recaps for the past two seasons as I haven't seen them.

I really liked Chase, and I think he is by far the dropped thread that feels like the largest loss.

He was sort of fucked by the end of Season 3, though, in multiple ways. He was snookered. If he broke up with Kim, Jack would've hated him for letting Kim down, and that relationship would've been shattered and reset to zero, basically. If he stayed with Kim and then appeared in Season 4, there would've been the "where's Kim?" question, and after two seasons of desperately trying to make a post-kidnapping Kim work, they were finally ready to be rid of her in Season 4. So Chase had to go as well if Kim was going. Then they cut off his hand, which basically removed him from field work, though obviously that decision was taken after they'd decided to do away with him..

Still. In many ways I would've very much liked, come Season 4, Chase to be in what became the Curtis role. Head of Field Ops, under that lady whose name I forget. Jack fired, Chase took his job, Chase dumped Kim, that relationship shattered. Jack comes back as part of DOD, fireworks ensue.

Dear God this show is so bad, still. I watched all the seasons as they aired. After five(which was legitimately great) it was so painful, with a few bright spots. So I watched the first ep of this new season, and I swear they just dug up an old script/ shooting layout they used at least five times before. Head of CTU is incompetent, smart person is ignored until it is too late, blah blah. I swear I was watching a rerun. Can't wait until they reconfigure some network drives to compress the packets and then reveal a mole. Please bring back the disabled man who narrowly avoided being sniped but was an expert hacker as Chloe's love interest.

Bishop89

lol... im watching season 1 7am - 8am

and there is this bit where nina is trying to contact jamie (spelling?) and you see one of the tv crew to the side....lol

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The premiere just gave me the impression that the show hasn't learned from its past mistake. I do miss 24-GAF though. We'll see how this goes, a shorter season means they shouldn't have too many useless plotlines to pad things out.

Like the moment Chloe said they had all the schematics and everything they needed and then it deleted itself, I groaned to myself loudly. Like I get why it happen from a writing standpoint, but it was just super predictable. Especially if you've been watching 24 for awhile.

bndadm

and there is this bit where nina is trying to contact jamie (spelling?) and you see one of the tv crew to the side....lol

Yup, you'll also notice a camera tripod or cable I believe in season 1 episode 1-2 p.m. at CTU in a holding room.

Also in the final hour of season 1 in the showdown it cuts to Jack and you catch the cameraman almost right next to him.

Yup, you'll also notice a camera tripod or cable I believe in season 1 episode 1-2 p.m. at CTU in a holding room.

Also in the final hour of season 1 in the showdown it cuts to Jack and you catch the cameraman almost right next to him.

There are tons of things like that in season 1. They obviously didn't shoot for 16:9 that season. It is both hilarious and sad.

Still the best season though.

Nameless

Happy to see Jack's still in possession of that piece of alien tech that instantly grants any motor vehicle FTL functionality. It wouldn't be 24 without it.

Penguin

Yup, Jack's rampage barely made that season tolerable

Yeah, it's like they had to make everyone else stupid in order to make Jack's arc make any type of sense.

One man shouldn't be able to avoid multiple agencies and governments on his tail when he is hiding right underneath em

Oozer3993

I'm gonna miss this episode due to the severe weather here in Cleveland that has preempted shows on every channel. I've only ever missed one episode live. DAMMIT MOTHER NATURE, I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Jack getting soft, hung a man in a way to not kill him, even if he was up there for 5-10 minutes

Top Bottom