• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

jack-bauer-cry-o.gif

Tamanon

Banned
I love how 24 goes out of its way to let you know a certain plotpoint will be relevant in the next episode.

"How long to do this thing?" "An hour"

Zodzilla

You would think that after screwing over all those people in the Newport Group, people would stop trusting Jimmy Cooper around their official documents.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I don't get this plot. They're trying to undermine the drone program by saying a lone nut fired on his own troops. Isn't the fact that people can hack drones much more damaging? They can fix the "lone nut" problem by having pairs in the drone control room, or a separate person confirm or unlock weapons.

Drones hacked by terrorists and used fully under their control is much more terrifying to the public, and makes the technology less trustworthy, because a human failure isn't half the problem as the security problem.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I don't get this plot. They're trying to undermine the drone program by saying a lone nut fired on his own troops. Isn't the fact that people can hack drones much more damaging? They can fix the "lone nut" problem by having pairs in the drone control room, or a separate person confirm or unlock weapons.

Drones hacked by terrorists and used fully under their control is much more terrifying to the public, and makes the technology less trustworthy, because a human failure isn't half the problem as the security problem.

at this point, they don't know it's been hacked. Just the words from the lone guy, who has had issues with the commander he killed (along with planted evidence). So basically, they don't believe him.

That's why Jack is now trying to come up with proof of the existence of something that can hack the drones.

in Bourne Legacy there were two pilots in the drone operation room. I'm guess one acts as a navigator and the other fire the weapons.

The terrorist aren't letting people know they hacked it, they just plan to kill the US president in the UK and let panic/anarchy reign

Top Bottom