• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

-So Simone's brother is just flying a drone through the clouds to evade detection? No autopilot, or locking the joystick so it just circles? No wonder Naveed was expendable.
-So we've got Steve working with the Chinese and Mark getting involved with the Russians. Maybe they'll fight each other for Bauer?
-How did no one investigate Naveed's sister and niece? Did they not run background checks on Simone and see that maybe she might be married to someone, and that someone might have relatives?
-Rask's suicide grenade took out all the MI5 agents.
-Chloe mirrors Rask's screen despite his secure link yet can't login to the bank's account with all the information in front of her?
-PM Fry's assistant is either a traitor or having an affair with him. Since it's 24 it's probably both.
-"A knife in my hand? It's not what you think, but let me hold onto it while I grapple with you."
-Metzer is the only guy that works at that bank.

tenz0r

Yeah, that makes sense, but I don't know... for a guy whose organization is all about exposing the government and revealing the truth, it would be pretty hypocritical to work with a CIA director and frame an innocent man just because of some secret documents. Or maybe Open Cell is just a facade and he actually doesn't give a shit about any of that.

Anyway I also believe it's someone we know because of the disguised voice; Adrian, Mark, Moustachov, who knows. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I honestly think it has to be Adrian Cross, he doesn't really have a role anymore on 24 since he "packed things up" and left the open-cell hideout when they heard about the terrorists being in control of the drones. With only six episodes left, this is the most likely scenario to write him back into the story. For being a main cast member, I would expect for him to appear in more than six episodes. The actor that plays Cross (Michael Wincott) is more known for playing a true bad guy anyway.

It's possible that Navarro and Cross have some past history, which is why they are working together, or perhaps Cross is just hired help for Navarro and his agenda. I would rather they use this new story arc to re-introduce a character from the past (one that makes sense at least lol), but Cross would make more sense for the actor and character in terms of having a role in the remaining six episodes, then just being the open-cell activist leader who disagrees with Jack for a few episodes then disappears. If that was the case, he probably would've been just a recurring guest star and not a main cast star.

I know right. What a beauty
original.jpg

GOOD LAWD! Louie, how did you screw this one up!?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
pretty good episode.

those were some sexy feet, i gotta admit. that was the most memorable thing from the whole episode.

ultron87

That was a great episode. Kate did her best Jack impression yet while escaping from torture, the crux of the episode was an Enter key being pushed and a mole was revealed. I also liked that every world leader apparently has a suspicious anti Jack advisor on staff.

Spookie

That was a great episode. Kate did her best Jack impression yet while escaping from torture, the crux of the episode was an Enter key being pushed and a mole was revealed. I also liked that every world leader apparently has a suspicious anti Jack advisor on staff.

And every intelligence agency having at least one mole.

Rich!

So, we know where the finale is set.

SPOILERS

MASSIVE SPOILERS

WELL NOT THAT MASSIVE. BUT STILL. SPOOOOIIIILLLEEERRS

Southampton.

yeah that's not exciting at all lol

zma1013

I can certainly see her taking the reigns over as the main character of 24. She will certainly never be able to overshadow Jack Bauer, but she is THE go to woman secret spy/assassin/murderer. She does it so well. And she's hot.

I could see that bus coming a mile away but it was still satisfactory, although the special effect for it was very poor, like crappy TV commercial poor.

This season seems to be very predictable all around and I already have an idea of something big that will be revealed in a few episodes that seems completely obvious and very 24ish.

Septimius

So, I got bored during Season 8 and didn't finish it. Is the new one better? Do I need to know anything before watching the new season?

Rich!

So, I got bored during Season 8 and didn't finish it. Is the new one better? Do I need to know anything before watching the new season?

Just watch Season 8 from episode 16 onwards.

That last stretch of 8 episodes is the best 24 ever. Charles Logan vs Jack, the ultimate showdown.

Vibranium

Banned
If you hate season 8 you wont like this new season.

Season 8 got amazing at the end, I was almost out, and then it pulled me back in dammit! Jack non-lethally assaulting Logan's limo and interrogating him are some of the best scenes in television history. Gregory Itzin's acting was amazing.

demolitio

-So Simone's brother is just flying a drone through the clouds to evade detection? No autopilot, or locking the joystick so it just circles? No wonder Naveed was expendable.

That one's pretty funny since as far as I know, you can plot points for the UAV and it just follows that route unless this one is different.

Anyway, Yvonne can take over 24 if Sutherland doesn't want to continue. It will never be the same, but it could still be good and killing terrorists would never look so good.

There's been rumours that a time skip has been abandoned.

I´d actually prefer that. The way it has been going now i would guess we would have a 10 or 12 hour jump during the season and that would just feel wrong. "What was going on during that time?!"

12 hours straight real time Jack Bauer action is fine by me.

Rich!

Yeah. I think it's the only outcome here, considering Jon Cassar has confirmed that he's shooting the finale (the photos of which are set at night). A straight 12 hours will end up at that time, not 24.

Also, they were having issues trying to wrap up the story of the last three episodes when the final rewrites were going on a month back. It's likely they just said fuck it to the time jump.

Top Bottom