• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Lingitiz

Heller drove off a cliff and lived. Like a boss. He'a the second toughest son of a bitch in the Bauerverse. I doubt he even has Alzheimer's - his body would destroy that weakness. That Missle probally hit his head and blew up and he's still standing strong.

I just imagined this and started laughing for a good minute.

I just imagined this and started laughing for a good minute.

image.php

NANOMACHINES SON

XMast3r

Banned
anyone else catch that when
Navarro
made the call to the
hitman to say where Jordan was he used his non-encrypted phone.

Starkster

Neo Member
This promo for next week is raising a lot of questions for me. Spoilers/speculation, obviously.

Is Heller alive and in hiding, to bluff Margot? If so, has she got is figured, which is why she still has one drone active and heading for London? However, Jack does appear to be in revenge mode, so... hmmmm.

I was thinking about this just then.
What if Jack is just going beast mode to make it seem like Heller really is dead? Playing the long con until the event is over, then reveal that he's off the grid in South-Hampton or something. The one drone could be that it's still the same one that "killed" Heller. I doubt they'd bring more in to London if they're going to fly them into the banks.

I'm also still wondering when/if they're still going to do the time-jump. If it's after the next episode, it would mean that either Al-Harazi dies, and the Russia/China subplot becomes the main, and Jack+Audrey go on the run or whatever.

Tugatrix

RIP Heller you were a true gentlemen, I didn't like the loud clock.

How dare they to commit the sacrilege of damage Wembley, Jack you have to avenge the football.

Bootleg Milo is dumb, glock have no safety, he is still alive for now.

Zaph

RIP Heller you were a true gentlemen, I didn't like the loud clock.

How dare they to commit the sacrilege of damage Wembley, Jack you have to avenge the football.

Bootleg Milo is dumb, glock have no safety, he is still alive for now.
As a non-American who has never even touched a real gun, this fact really surprised me the first time I heard it. American television/film gives the impression that all semi-automatic weapons have a safety.

Tugatrix

As a non-American who has never even touched a real gun, this fact really surprised me the first time I heard it. American television/film gives the impression that all semi-automatic weapons have a safety.

Truth they do sell that idea, I'm also non American and live on a country with strict gun control, but given that I have several family members on law enforcement and military they always loved to talk about this things and they use glock's so I know that glock has no safety. But Bootleg Milo must be a geek, has he never played a shooter? most of the games are pretty detailed on how to operate a gun

Vally

The trick is he's alive.

Jack knew that that soon to the deadline, even if Chloe got something off of Margot's system, they wouldn't have time to act on it. That's why Chloe was actually hacking into the system to loop a feed of Heller on the field. There is an entire 1:10 between the last time we see Heller live with our own eyes and when the missile hit. When they cut to the missile hitting, that's the first time we see the field live and not on drone feed. The first frame the ground is already 20 feet in the air. We also never see Jack after that. Wouldn't they normally have a reaction from him?

Also, all the shit next week is that they're keeping everyone in the dark so Margot can't be tipped off. So they'll go through the episode, get her, and then come out showing Heller ran back off the field.

That's why no silent clock. That's why they "killed" a president on screen...because they didn't. Nothing's changed since that season 4.

That's right I said it.

Yep. And Chloe clearly said that actually controlling the drone would be impossible, yet she was still trying to do something with the other systems that seemed more vulnerable.

They're playing us like a damn fiddle, Heller is still alive

Maybe the explosion was a time-travel portal where Heller would be sent into the past to end this war... before it ever begins.

Seriously though, perhaps in a future episode, the final scene will be Heller's casket and everybody pays respects to him as he's flown back to the US. After that, silent clock.

kurahador

Oh yesss...night time 24 is always the best 24. Still not sure where are they going with Navarro sub-plot.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Wake the bitch up

Hari Seldon

Thinking about cutting my losses now. The season is about to go to shit with that corrupt CIA boss being the main villain. I wish the fucking assholes who wrote this show could resist this predictable shit, but they cannot. Up to now though the show has been decent.

Thinking about cutting my losses now. The season is about to go to shit with that corrupt CIA boss being the main villain. I wish the fucking assholes who wrote this show could resist this predictable shit, but they cannot. Up to now though the show has been decent.

You're making a prediction which probably isn't likely and not based on anything significant besides him being bad and then you're calling the show predictable shit.

Hari Seldon

You're making a prediction which probably isn't likely and not based on anything significant besides him being bad and then you're calling the show predictable shit.

Well this show fills my mind with fuck and I just wish the stupid plot was toned down and the show was just Keefer running around in pure action movie fashion. Every time someone pulls a gun out on someone in the fucking CIA HQ or the head boss turns out to be corrupt I just want to turn the fucking show off, but then there is Keefer running around doing crazy shit which keeps me in. Just get rid of all the stupid shit and let Keefer be Keefer.

The trick is he's alive.

Jack knew that that soon to the deadline, even if Chloe got something off of Margot's system, they wouldn't have time to act on it. That's why Chloe was actually hacking into the system to loop a feed of Heller on the field. There is an entire 1:10 between the last time we see Heller live with our own eyes and when the missile hit. When they cut to the missile hitting, that's the first time we see the field live and not on drone feed. The first frame the ground is already 20 feet in the air. We also never see Jack after that. Wouldn't they normally have a reaction from him?

Also, all the shit next week is that they're keeping everyone in the dark so Margot can't be tipped off. So they'll go through the episode, get her, and then come out showing Heller ran back off the field.

That's why no silent clock. That's why they "killed" a president on screen...because they didn't. Nothing's changed since that season 4.

That's right I said it.

mind-blown.jpg

Vinegar strokes?

Vally

I laughed when they again did a transition between day and night in 5 minutes. Good old 24.

I thought it was decent, it could've been done a bit better but it wasn't so bad compared to other seasons. I remember S6 handling it terribly, it was sunset at the end of one episode and the beginning of the next one was already pitch black night. S7 on the other hand did the transition really well.

Rich!

So this was basically Ryan Chappelles final episode MK2 but with Heller. Hell, Callery even used the exact same audio cue for when they enter the helicopter as he used in the equivalent scene in S3.

Also, I don't think it needed a silent clock. He went out like a badass.

So this was basically Ryan Chappelles final episode MK2 but with Heller. Hell, Callery even used the exact same audio cue for when they enter the helicopter as he used in the equivalent scene in S3.

Also, I don't think it needed a silent clock. He went out like a badass.

Heller willed the silent clock away.

Dalek

I liked when Heller ran into the Secret Service man in the stairwell and Jack took him down. Heller just chuckled with his hands in his pockets. "Jeez, Jack."

DieH@rd

Banned
In the promo, the guy said
"THEY HACKED INTO OUR FEED!" Which makes me believe Chloe made it looked like Heller was there when he wasn't.

No.
Chloe will manage to compromise the ability of terrorists to control the drones. She tried to do that at the end of the episode anyway.

Rich!

i hope not this is going to be that nuke or bomb that detonated in LA, but nothing happened at the end

You're missing the significant difference between this and S6.

S6 - Nuke happens within the first 4 hours. 20 episodes left.

S9 - President blown up on ep 8. Only four episodes left.

The reason S6 was so shit (amongst many other reasons) is because the big event happened at the start.

Tookay

Heller is a true American hero.

Also for those of you thinking the lack of a silent clock means something...

Yahoo:
Coto: Yes, not everyone gets a silent clock. It’s for certain characters. We have a new post-[production] team that may not be up to speed on the whole silent clock thing [laughs].
TV Guide
You killed the president! Unless you want us to believe he might have survived that missile exploding...
Manny Coto: No, it's pretty cut and dry.

Rich!

So, lets just assume (correctly) that Heller is dead. These are the remaining plotlines for the rest of the season:

- Margot and Ian. Looks like they may try another attack regardless - but I expect their arc to finish next week.

- Adrian Cross, Steve Navarro and Chloe. This is obviously leading to something - likely involving Chloe. And Kate of course.

- Bauer and the Russians.

Am I missing anything? I'm guessing Adrian and the Russians will be the endgame this season.

Heller should definitely get a silent clock. If it's due to a new post-production team, maybe it'll be changed when it comes out on DVD.

Faking it would have been cheap and contrived, even by some of the magical wizardry computers are capable of in the 24 universe. Heller's death also fits; he's losing the very thing that makes him, him, and would rather go out on his own terms. Saving him at the last minute would undermine all that.

Deadly

Heller is a true American hero.

Also for those of you thinking the lack of a silent clock means something...

Yahoo:

TV Guide
He should have gotten one though he has been a pretty big character and him dieing :( I mean old Fembauer got one for getting buried alive in S7 even though IIRC it was all planned.

Top Bottom