• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Mario Strikers Charged GAF World Cup

Haunted

Dash Kappei said:
Haunted, if you want/can we can even play our match earlier than 23:00 or something... just let me know.
I hope so. :p I can go online right now... don't want to stay up as long as I did yesterday. Will you be there? We can play either right now or 19:30 for example.

Haunted

GROUP TABLES for the new page:

GROUP A
Code:
    Player            W-L-NC     Games     Goals     G.Ratio     Points

1. Haunted One        7-0-0      14:0      65:15       +50         42
2. MasterMFauli       5-1-0      10:3      27:18       + 9         30
3. maxmars            3-1-0       6:2      22:20       + 2         18
4. dk_                3-3-0       6:7      29:26       + 3         18
5. Bo130              1-4-0       4:9      22:34       -12         12
6. Dash Kappei        1-5-0       4:11     23:39       -16         12
7. Koren              1-5-0       3:10     24:47       -23          9
8. Darktails          0-2-0       0:4       2:16       -14          0

Group B
Code:
    Player            W-L-NC     Games     Goals     G.Ratio     Points

1. Swisslink          7-0-0      14:1      73:28       +45         42
2. CapnDrake          6-1-0      12:5      35:30       + 5         36
3. Tanasten           3-2-0       8:4      41:27       +14         24
4. Myke Greywolf      2-4-0       5:8      19:27       - 8         15
5. Phife Dawg         1-3-0       3:7      20:20       +-0          9
6. radioheadrule83    1-4-0       3:8      17:44       -27          9
7. Toma               0-2-0       0:4      14:18       - 4          0
8. nli10              0-4-0       0:8      10:36       -26          0
The tables are updated up to post #608

edit: I've modified the first column to keep track of everyone's games: W(ins) - L(osses) - N(o)C(ontest).

Koren

Err... Maxmars, your first invitation failed, but was that you the second time ? I've some doubts, because it was nothing like you... Or you experimented much lag, were tired, on the phone or something.

I can admit that I'm playing better in the evening, but that doesn't make any sense ?

Haunted

If those failed invites with Koren just now are any indication, this night is going to end in frustration for Dash and I. :(

I played friendlies against maxmars yesterday, I played ranked matches 2 minutes ago - I can't fathom what the problem might be. :/

*sigh* I'm cursed since yesterday. Shouldn't have run over that gypsy woman's dog.

Koren

Haunted One said:
If those failed invites with Koren just now are any indication, this night is going to end in frustration for Dash and I. :(
That's indeed strange. I've no way currently for investigating the matter, since I can't access my router at the moment to see the network packets. Maxmars also sent me an invitation which failed :(

Strange... I wish you all the luck for tonight. I hope it's my connexion, not yours...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Haunted One said:
I hope so. :p I can go online right now... don't want to stay up as long as I did yesterday. Will you be there? We can play either right now or 19:30 for example.

Oops!
I'll be there in 20 minutes, ok?
Can you?

EDIT:

Not again.... damn

And Max I can't see you online, didn't we say 20:00 Italy time?

Swisslink

Phife Dawg said:
Well you know it's best for me during the weekends but you were busy reading HP :p.

For anyone in group B, I'm definetly available Saturday and Sunday this week. Saturday from around 12-16 CET and Sunday from around 10-16 CET.

Won't be logged in in Strikers all the time though. So please respond either in the thread or drop me a pm.

Ok, Saturday/Sunday is alright, this weekend I don't have to read a book :p

Haunted

Dash Kappei said:
Oops!
I'll be there in 20 minutes, ok?
Can you?
I will. :)

;_;

I also didn't manage to play with Koren, who in turn didn't manage to get a game going with maxmars.... Something is not working in the service.

Dash Kappei

Haunted One said:
I will. :)

;_;

I also didn't manage to play with Koren, who in turn didn't manage to get a game going with maxmars.... Something is not working in the service.

Now it's reaaaaaaally gettin' on my nerves FFS!!!

Let's just edit our posts so that we don't clutter the thread.

Try to invite me, ok? It seems clear I can't invite you 'cause it disconnects.

I hate that I can have a ranked match whenever I want without any problem!
Hauntie said:
We should just play ranked matches over and over until we're matched up against each other. >_<

:lol:

-__-

Haunted said:
what happens when you accept the invite? I always get kicked out to the main menu with the error code 86070, both when I invite you and when I am invited. Jesus Christ, fix this, Nintendo!

Yep, the same and it says "Invite declined" or something similar (I have the game set in Italian)

Haunted

We should just play ranked matches over and over until we're matched up against each other. >_<

what happens when you accept the invite? I always get kicked out to the main menu with the error code 86070, both when I invite you and when I am invited. Jesus Christ, fix this, Nintendo!

I've deleted and re-added you... again. I'll invite you when you show up in my friends list again, should be ready any second now. Are you online right now?

And it can't even be some kind of incompability with our connexion or routers or whatever, because we already played against each other. This is so bizarre. :(

Damn I saw you busy... playing a match with Koren... as soon as I'm done we'll try again
and it works? gah!
and no problem, but I was just testing my ranked match connexion for a second. :/

maxmars

Dash Kappei said:
And Max I can't see you online, didn't we say 20:00 Italy time?

I've been there up to 20:00, but then I had to log out because of wife needing assistance. Currently cooking dinner!

Koren: yeah I had to answer the phone so I just let the match go on by itself.. Sorry.

Dash Kappei

Haunted One said:

I've deleted and re-added you... again. I'll invite you when you show up in my friends list again, should be ready any second now. Are you online right now?

Damn I saw you busy... playing a match with Koren... as soon as I'm done we'll try again

Koren

Thanks for the match, Dash Kappei, very close and interesting all the way...

maxmars said:
Koren: yeah I had to answer the phone so I just let the match go on by itself.. Sorry.
Don't be sorry, I expected something like that. You could have turn the game down if you wanted.

It's definitively impossible to play while doing something else ;)

Haunted

It finally worked ... with some lag. :/

not ideal by any means, but definitely better than nothing.

Haunted 2 (6) - Dash 0 (1)

Dash, I was really surprised by how much better you were than in the last Cup (the last time we played). Much improved defence and high passes. Well done. I had some luck in the first game that you didn't get an early lead, since you were really aggressive and pushed the ball dangerously close to my goal relentlessly. I have to say that I was ruthlessly effective, though. Three shots, three goals in quick succession. :p

The second game was even closer, but thanks to Daisy's special, I scored the two goals necessary to win (a bit cheap, I know - sorry >_<).

maxmars

Sorry Pierino La Peste, I would have liked you to win as I'm not going to play the2nd phase anyway so I can't make any use of these points but..

Maxmars 2(6) - Dash Kappei 0(1)

Dash Kappei

Haunted One said:
It finally worked ... with some lag. :/

not ideal by any means, but definitely better than nothing.

Haunted 2 (6) - Dash 0 (1)

Dash, I was really surprised by how much better you were than in the last Cup (the last time we played)

Well, thanks.
But I'm a little bummed that I had to play 2 consecutive matches where I only could ****ing shoulder everyone and give free items because I had so much ****ing lag that I couldn't risk it. I mean, I think I always been fair in my matches but this is stretching it... :lol If it wasn't for the connection being so unreliable I would've dropped your match and especially the one with Max where his Boos where always a mile away with me guessing "where is he gonna go now".
Not so much fun I'd say.
Btw, well done to both your really good players (Hauntie you're great as always) and Max has improved very much.

maxmars

Bo130 said:
Max, I can play tonight, if you're available. Just tell me when.

Eh, I've just given the TV back to the missus, perhaps later, but don't wait for me.. If we will meet, we will meet.

Dash Kappei

maxmars said:
Sorry Pierino La Peste[/B]

:lol :lol :lol

I couldn't had win even if you wanted me to! :D

Btw, why aren't you gonna play? Holydays? Arrgh! Don't wanna pass to the next round just cause you forfait!

Koren

Bo130 : if you come online, I'm available when you want...

Haunted One said:
The second game was even closer, but thanks to Daisy's special, I scored the two goals necessary to win (a bit cheap, I know - sorry >_<).
I guess I'm not the only one that discover how to use it against the goalie :lol (I've just noticed that two days ago O_O)

Haunted

Dash Kappei said:
Well, thanks.
But I'm a little bummed that I had to play 2 consecutive matches where I only could ****ing shoulder everyone and give free items because I had so much ****ing lag that I couldn't risk it. I mean, I think I always been fair in my matches but this is stretching it... :lol If it wasn't for the connection being so unreliable I would've dropped your match and especially the one with Max where his Boos where always a mile away with me guessing "where is he gonna go now".
Not so much fun I'd say.
Btw, well done to both your really good players (Hauntie you're great as always) and Max has improved very much.
Well, considering the lag you had, I'd say you played pretty damn well against me. I scored less goals against you than any other player in the Cup so far. I hope we'll get lucky and play a totally lag-free game in the future. *crosses fingers*. Still, with all that - thanks for the games, Dash.

Koren said:
I guess I'm not the only one that discover how to use it against the goalie :lol (I've just noticed that two days ago O_O)
:D I found out half way through the first tournament. With that move, Daisy is a hell of a lot more dangerous than before, I'd say. I'm not really sure how one can defend against it. A powerful move.

Dash Kappei

Haunted One said:

Well, cheap is a big word since I consider it a trade off where other Captains have strong shooting and a good deke.

Wario special, THAT I really hate but I don't even know if that can be considered cheap.

Incredibly I managed to stop all the shoot but one in your superfast megastrikes, that doesn't do much to support my claim that I had massive lag I'd say :lol :lol

Haunted One said:
Well, considering the lag you had, I'd say you played pretty damn well against me.

:) Thanks mate.

You know what? At first I thought you had some problem too 'cause after kick off you were running around the field doing nothing... why is that??? I even thought you were waiting for me or wanting me to have te lead and then destroy me with no mercy! :lol

maxmars

Dash Kappei said:
:lol :lol :lol

I couldn't had win even if you wanted me to! :D

Btw, why aren't you gonna play? Holydays? Arrgh! Don't wanna pass to the next round just cause you forfait!

Actually, work then one week of vacations. I may be on and off the net next week depending on internet availability, but I'm going to forfeit my presence after first round in order not to disrupt things too much.

Here's a random fan clapping our team after what is unfortunately one of the last matches for this cup.

popeBenedictXVI.jpg

maxmars

Haunted One said:
With that move, Daisy is a hell of a lot more dangerous than before, I'd say. I'm not really sure how one can defend against it. A powerful move.

Bowser can incinerate the goalie as well.

Haunted

Dash Kappei said:
Incredibly I managed to stop all the shoot but one in your superfast megastrikes, that doesn't do much to support my claim that I had massive lag I'd say :lol :lol
:lol :lol Well done.

maxmars said:
Bowser can incinerate the goalie as well.
ah, but he can still block the ball while on fire, right? (Actually, now that you mention it, I've never tried this out. :eek:) *fires up Strikers Charged again*

Dash Kappei said:
You know what? At first I thought you had some problem too 'cause after kick off you were running around the field doing nothing... why is that??? I even thought you were waiting for me or wanting me to have te lead and then destroy me with no mercy! :lol
:lol Since I didn't know the lag situation for you, I didn't want to run in and score a goal in the first 5 seconds of the match. :lol After I had the impression that you could control the ball properly, I started playing in earnest.

The GROUP TABLES have been updated yet again.

*whew* and with that, I'm officially done with my games for the first round. I'm going to have a close look at the 4th placed of Group B, since that'll be my next opponent in the quarter-finals. :D

Bo130

Koren said:
Connecting bug, I've deleted you and entered you back, should be okay now...

OH ****! I've started the game pulling the stick down-left. I can't play at all, found out after your first goal in the first game. Would you mind doing a rematch, I left the game after 20 seconds.

Koren

Bo130 said:
OH ****! I've started the game pulling the stick down-left. I can't play at all, found out after your first goal in the first game. Would you mind doing a rematch, I left the game after 20 seconds.
Of course I don't mind... So I was right (but the game went on :lol )

Coming back in seconds...

By the way, to reset the stick, you just have to unplug it and plug it again in Wiimote. It works, even during game.

Bo130

Yeah, I thought about disconnecting it afterwards. I wouldn't exit the game, if you hadn't noticed the error yet :)

*sigh*. Let's keep trying for a bit more. Worked after a while for me yesterday for some reason...

Koren

Bo130 said:
Yeah, I thought about disconnecting it afterwards. I wouldn't exit the game, if you hadn't noticed the error yet :)
Oh, OK :)

But now, troubles to set the match... Grr.. (there's something strange with the network this week)

Would you try to set up the match ?

OK, you've already done it. Crosses fingers...

Not better :(

nli10

I'll Aim for 10 - 11 UK time if the Girls are bored of Wii Degree on the TV by then :lol

Thats 9-10 GMT I believe (I'm terrible with times).

Group B your victories await!

Dash Kappei

_DK sorry I can't stay around anymore, I've been playing from 19:00 and now my gf claims my presence. :)

Tomorrow I'll be free like today, same times.

Also, Darktails if you're there drop a message 'cause we still have to play our match.

Koren

Nice nice match (even if it was a bit laggy in the beginning of the first match), thanks a lot. I'm really really shaking, the sudden death is really bad for my health

Koren 2 (7) - Bo130 1 (6)

And I won't have to kiss Fanny (a big accomplishment for me ;) )

For the others : it was 2-3 2-1 for the two first matches, 2-2 on the last, and then something like 1 or 2 minutes before the golden goal...

Bo130

Noo :(

Koren - 2 | 3 - Bo130
Koren - 2 | 1 - Bo130
Koren - 3 | 2 - Bo130 (SD)

= Koren 2 (7) - 1 (6) Bo130

That wasn't very good :(

Yeah, thanks for the match :).

Bo130

I had quite a lot of lag, but I don't think it'll get better if we try again. I've only asked for a rematch because of lag one time, and that was worse than this. I didn't really have a chance to progress to the next round anyway, so let's keep it at this, shall we? :) Good game.

The comment was just that I usually play better :)

Koren

Bo130 said:
The comment was just that I usually play better :)
No doubt. Me also, probably (I was more stressed than usual, if possible).

We'll just say that you were kind enough to allow me to grab a victory in this tournament, since you have already one ;) and we can set a free match when you want.

Capndrake

Capndrake 2 (8) - Tanasten 1 (7) (Is that right?)

Holy shit, thank you Tanasten for involving me in the greatest match I have ever played. So tense.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Drake won our match.

Tanasten (1) 7 - CaptainDrake (2) 8

It's like Drake said.

I'm still in. If someone wants to play, go on.

Edit: Drake, was the last game 2-3 or 3-4?

Capndrake said:
Capndrake 2 (8) - Tanasten 1 (7) (Is that right?)

Holy shit, thank you Tanasten for involving me in the greatest match I have ever played. So tense.

Man, I thought I won the game for 3 times, but my Koopa did not scored. BTW, good game. You're too violent thought and too relaxed :(

Koren

Would you accept a match outside of the cup, Tanasten ? I don't think I ever had a chance to play with you...

Capndrake

Capndrake 2 (7) - Nli10 (2)

Just an average match really. Sorry for not making it spectacular, Nli.

Tanasten, I thought it was:

1st: 3-1 for you
2nd: 4-2 for me
3rd: 3-2 for me

Was it 4-3 the second match? It was so tense that I forgot half of what happened :p

Top Bottom