• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2nd Mario Strikers Charged GAF World Cup

maxmars

My plan for the week:

- I will be at home this evening and friday evening. I'd like to play with whomever is around.

Bo130? Dash? Haunted? Fresquito? Dk_? DarkTails?
DarkTails, I still see you as not having added me to your friends list. Is that the case?
I know MMF is psyched by the E3 so he won't be around.

- Wed and Thu I will be doing other stuff, so I can't play.

Looking forward to play with you guys. :D

fresquito

Okay, bad news here. Well, good news for me, I hope.

I'm leaving the tournament. Starting tomorrow morning I will be hospitalized. Next week I'm having some difficult surgery and won't be here for the rest of the month in the best case scenario. In the worst, I won't ever be here again :lol

So, well, it's been nice playing with you guys. Someone will have to take care of the scoreboards as I won't be here.

Have a nice time and good luck to everybody (except to you Haunted, you don't really need it :D).

Haunted

maxmars said:
My plan for the week:

- I will be at home this evening and friday evening. I'd like to play with whomever is around.

DarkTails, I still see you as not having added me to your friends list. Is that the case?
I'm sorry, max. I don't have a Wii at the moment. (and final exams for this semester coming up so I wouldn't have a lot of time to play anyway). I'm hoping to have it back next week, though. I think we'll play in the last week of July then. :)

fresquito said:

I'm leaving the tournament. Starting tomorrow morning I will be hospitalized. Next week I'm having some difficult surgery and won't be here for the rest of the month in the best case scenario. In the worst, I won't ever be here again

So, well, it's been nice playing with you guys. Someone will have to take care of the scoreboards as I won't be here.

Have a nice time and good luck to everybody (except to you Haunted, you don't really need it ).
Well, that sounds really serious. But if it's 'good news' for you, I wish you the best luck with your surgery. I'm a positive guy, so I'll just say - I'll see you in the next tournament for sure. :D Get well soon.

Bo130

fresquito said:
I'm leaving the tournament. Starting tomorrow morning I will be hospitalized. Next week I'm having some difficult surgery and won't be here for the rest of the month in the best case scenario. In the worst, I won't ever be here again :lol

Oh :( You've been on the list for some time, or did you get in an accident as of late? Not good to hear, no matter what.

Don't think of the scoreboard update. I'll do it, if no one else will :). Get well soon, good luck with the surgery.

EDIT: Max, I'd like to play you tonight, but the Wii won't let me get online AT ALL now :s. I've tried restarting both the computer and the Wii, and reinstalling the program on the CPU, but nothing seems to work. Any help, guys? If I get it to work, I'll be ready by tonight :D

fresquito

Heh, thank you to both of you. I've been in the list for more than a year, and it was time already. In fact, I'm pretty angry at my doctor, I should have had this surgery last year, but I've been on stand by for all this time. But well, it seems the waiting is over.

The surgery is serious, yes. I have an aorta artery aneurysm, right besides the heart valve. So I will be open wide and get cut my artery and be replaced by an artificial tube. I've been told it's quite safe, but there're risks. So I can't be sure of the outcome, but I think everything will go smoothly. Heh, like I can think anything else :lol

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I'll reinsert all the friend codes for people in my group that I can't find online. I suggest you do the same thing with me. :)

maxmars

Fresquito, I've had heart surgery myself and can understand the apprehension.

If anything, know that nowadays this kind of stuff is not a mistery as it could have been years ago, and even if it involves critical organs it's not as risky as it used to be.

Godspeed and get back soon, we'll be waiting for you!

Koren

fresquito said:
I'll go with the "good news". I wish you the best, and hope to see you well as soon as possible...

Like Haunted One, I want to be positive. Do we set a match for beginning of august right now ? :D

Ugh, really bad news :-(
I wish you all the luck there is, fresquito :-(
You´ve been the abolute favorite for this world cup imo, so it´s kind of even worse...
But anyway, we´ll see you at thext world cup, that´s for sure :)

dk_

maxmars said:
My plan for the week:

I know MMF is psyched by the E3 so he won't be around.

- Wed and Thu I will be doing other stuff, so I can't play.

Looking forward to play with you guys. :D
I will be available this evening and post here when I'm online (around 18 p.m. and additionally 20 p.m.).

@ fresquito

Good luck man!

maxmars

dk_ said:
I will be available this evening and post here when I'm online (around 18 p.m. and additionally 20 p.m.).

dk_, I won't be home until 18:00 GMT / 19:00 Portugal / 20:00 Germany.

maxmars

Don't worry, being home alone means I have nothing else to do apart from some cleaning, so even if you are late I'm not missing anything. :D

If one of us two don't show up, let's write in the forum as usual of course.

Bo130

Gah, help me out here guys. I can't find any useful information on the official site.

I got my firewall updated yesterday, that's the only difference between back then and today, and now it won't let me get online at all. I just downloaded the latest driver/version from the website, following the readme exactly as it said. I still can't get online. I get to the point where I have to grant my Wii to get online, but in the initial connection test after that it doesn't find anything :(. Any ideas on what's wrong and what might work? I'm willing to try pretty much anything by now, it really annoys me.

maxmars

Uh, I am using an hardware router, I'm not current on the Nintendo USB key woes sorry.

But probably it's got to do with your firewall setup.. Try disabling it just for a quick test, then bring it up again.

Hey guys, someone from group B up for a game? Swiss, Myke? Otherwise I'd be playing RE4 Wii (finally arrived).

Max: Yeah, she's a pretty famous model from Brasil (famous enough for me knowing her name).

fresquito said:
Heh, thank you to both of you. I've been in the list for more than a year, and it was time already. In fact, I'm pretty angry at my doctor, I should have had this surgery last year, but I've been on stand by for all this time. But well, it seems the waiting is over.

The surgery is serious, yes. I have an aorta artery aneurysm, right besides the heart valve. So I will be open wide and get cut my artery and be replaced by an artificial tube. I've been told it's quite safe, but there're risks. So I can't be sure of the outcome, but I think everything will go smoothly. Heh, like I can think anything else :lol
I wish you the best of luck for the surgery.

Get well soon and kick our butts in the next tourney :D .

edit:
Off to shoot some Ganados

maxmars

Maxmars 2(8) - dk_ 0(5)

I must say a pretty hectic match, the ball going everywhere and not many mistakes by any of the two players.

It's been great to see several comebacks, and the opponent not being swamped by such comeback (this is the stuff of pros'), but instead fighting back with even more determination. Maschio!

Great match Dennis.

dk_

Yap, congratulations maxmars.

That was by far the worst game in my young MSC career. Maybe I should have played a training matrch before. So it was my first match today and I had many bad passes plus some other stupid mistakes.

All in all, the game was won by the better player.

maxmars

Good job in match 2, you put to use your hammers bros very well. :D

A couple of times I just knew they were coming and I couldn't do anything about it.. Out of players, items and ideas!

The plant thing is pretty neat, though. :D

Thanks for the serie, I always wanted to try a few characters against the same person for comparison.. This is very useful.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
fresquito said:

I wanna stay positive on this, so:
Godspeed, I'll see you soon mate! You'll be kicking more ass than ever after your comeback I'm sure :)

Bo130

maxmars said:
But probably it's got to do with your firewall setup.. Try disabling it just for a quick test, then bring it up again.

I did this, and nothing happened. Still the same error code,

Error Code 52242
Can't connect to the internet
Please Try Again Later.

I got something else before I got the latest driver, then it couldn't find the USB it seemed. Any other ideas now? I contacted a friend he can get online, so it can't really be a problem at Nintendos.

maxmars

Bo130 said:
I got something else before I got the latest driver, then it couldn't find the USB it seemed. Any other ideas now? I contacted a friend he can get online, so it can't really be a problem at Nintendos.

Hmm sorry, I can't help you. I really don't have enough experience with the usb thing to give you an informed advice, sorry. I do own it, but I only use it with the DS, not here at home and in general it's always worked.

EDIT: here's something I found on the internet:

Error Codes 52240 - 52242
This error code usually indicates that the Wii console was able to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, but is blocked from reaching the appropriate server(s).

It is likely that the router in your network has a default IP address of either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. This will need to be changed to 192.168.2.1. For details on changing this setting of your router, please consult your router's manual, or contact the manufacturer of the router.

maxmars

A few things about the cup & myself:

- I'm going to be able to play on friday, 18:00-21:00 GMT (which means 20:00-23:00 in Italy/Germany/France). Dash, Bo130 (if you solve your usb problems, of course), Darktails? Is anyone of you going to play on friday?

I know Haunted this week is away (good luck with your uni stuff by the way..)

- Fresquito: he's already played some matches, we should decide what to do. We have three options imo:

1) follow standard rules and have him lose by default subsequent matches (unfair for those he already played -- other players get a free win)

2) delete his next matches from the schedule (unfair for those who didn't already play with him -- taking away the chance of scoring points)

3) take him out of the cup and delete all matches he already played (unfair for fresquito's honour) with all associated scores (unfair for Toma who's got to do some extra work).

I'm actually for option 3) but dedicating the cup to Fresquito, with all the wishes of life and recovery. Beside, Toma has been a bit lazy with the scores lately so he can rectify the situation. :D

- Group B looks in disarray. Having a month to play matches doesn't mean you can disappear for three weeks.. Guys, be heard. Try to set up matches, even two weeks in advance, it will give people confidence that you will honour your enlistment and will also let them schedule their own life.

Catch you later (or friday at worst) and thanks for enduring my rants. :D

Bo130

I'm back. At least I think so, it just worked :D

I accidently found out that my dad had another Firewall installed on my computer yesterday. Bah. I've ready to play in the next couple of hours if anyone is waiting for the Nintendo's E3 conference like me :)

Oh, and I'm all in for a variation of 3. I'd say we let him be in the tournament till the end of the month. If he's not back by then, he'll get removed from the tourney all together. He played most of his matches anyway, so if he's feeling really great by then, we should let him finish :)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Phife Dawg, can you play this weekend?

I have no chance of connecting at 18:00 GMT until Saturday... :/

If you can connect at 21:00 GMT, you will almost certainly find me online.

maxmars

Bo130 said:
I'm back. At least I think so, it just worked :D

I accidently found out that my dad had another Firewall installed on my computer yesterday. Bah. I've ready to play in the next couple of hours if anyone is waiting for the Nintendo's E3 conference like me :)

Great!

Bo130 said:
Oh, and I'm all in for a variation of 3. I'd say we let him be in the tournament till the end of the month. If he's not back by then, he'll get removed from the tourney all together. He played most of his matches anyway, so if he's feeling really great by then, we should let him finish :)

Agreed. Actually, when I had my heart surgery, after one week I was already at home, so there's a chance he will just continue, although he probably will go somewhere with fresh air and little stress, it's the norm. I don't want his new cyborg apparatus to pop because of the tension from the game! :D

However, we should have a decision taken before Jul 31st so everyone please feel free to express an opinion.

Haunted

maxmars said:
3) take him out of the cup and delete all matches he already played (unfair for fresquito's honour) with all associated scores (unfair for Toma who's got to do some extra work).

I'm actually for option 3) but dedicating the cup to Fresquito, with all the wishes of life and recovery. Beside, Toma has been a bit lazy with the scores lately so he can rectify the situation. :D

- Group B looks in disarray. Having a month to play matches doesn't mean you can disappear for three weeks.. Guys, be heard. Try to set up matches, even two weeks in advance, it will give people confidence that you will honour your enlistment and will also let them schedule their own life.
Thanks for the good wishes, max. :) I'm really distracted by E3 at the moment, though. GAF is sapping my precious time away! :lol

But I agree on all accounts. I say we remove fresquito's games if he isn't back in time for the final group tables.

And Group B should really get cracking. I haven't seen tanasten, CapnDrake, nli10 and Toma lately - what's up, guys? You're the veterans in the group, do something. :p

Dash Kappei

Haunted One said:
But I agree on all accounts. I say we remove fresquito's games if he isn't back in time for the final group tables.

And Group B should really get cracking. I haven't seen tanasten, CapnDrake, nli10 and Toma lately - what's up, guys? You're the veterans in the group, do something. :p

Point and point.

:)

Max, with the kind of work I'm doing these day it'd be easier to me to just play whenever we're around at the same time. I can't really plan anything in advance right now and I'd hate no showing up: usually evening\night is ok with me so just PM a couple of hours before on the very same day you'll be able to play, chances are there will be no problem then for me

Usually, 90% says if I'm on Gaf means I can also play at least one round of Strikers.

maxmars

Dash Kappei said:
Max, with the kind of work I'm doing these day it'd be easier to me to just play whenever we're around at the same time. I can't really plan anything in advance right now and I'd hate no showing up: usually evening\night is ok with me so just PM a couple of hours before on the very same day you'll be able to play, chances are there will be no problem then for me

Usually, 90% says if I'm on Gaf means I can also play at least one round of Strikers.

Well I know that I will be at home and ready to play friday (tomorrow) at about 20:00 (we're both in Italy, so Italian time) up to 23:00, therefore if you see, tomorrow, that you can be available in that slot, just write here the time you can also be there and I'll show up at that time.

If you don't manage, then we'll just play the last week of july. :)

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
I kept my Wii on and online yesterday from 21:00 to 23:00 GMT. No one appeared.

Can I please, please, jump to group A? I'll replace Fresquito!

Myke Greywolf said:
Phife Dawg, can you play this weekend?

I have no chance of connecting at 18:00 GMT until Saturday... :/

If you can connect at 21:00 GMT, you will almost certainly find me online.
Weekend is usually good (esp. sundays). I usually get up quite early. How about sunday around 10:00 CET? Or maybe 12:00 CET? Later on I'll probably play some real life football as the weather's great this weekend around here.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Phife Dawg said:
Weekend is usually good (esp. sundays). I usually get up quite early. How about sunday around 10:00 CET? Or maybe 12:00 CET? Later on I'll probably play some real life football as the weather's great this weekend around here.

I'll be online Sunday morning, then!

Haunted

Myke Greywolf said:
I kept my Wii on and online yesterday from 21:00 to 23:00 GMT. No one appeared.

Can I please, please, jump to group A? I'll replace Fresquito!
No group jumping, sorry.

PM the others in your group to make some appointments. Looks like they're not frequenting this thread as often as they should. :( But everyone checks (or at least sees) their PM's once in a while. Also, if others from your group show as 'connecting' in your friends list, instead of 'not available' (w/ a Mii picture next to the name), you should try to re-add them, as that might be an error of the game's online lobby.
Myke, as soon as I get my Wii back, I promise you to play friendly match(es) against you. :D

edit: Now look what you made me do, Myke - I've just PM'd reminders to tanasten, Toma, nli10 and CapnDrake - hopefully they'll pop in here to check and play some matches. ;) :D

And for Group A... max, Dash - as I said, my Wii is not with me at the moment, but as soon as I get it back and our schedules allow it, we'll play our games! :D I'm satisfied that I've already played 5 of the 7 games in the group before half of the time is over, though. Only need to play against 'the Italian battalion' and I'm done.

nli10

I'll try and get on more, but with work & summer social life I haven't been able to plan ahead much and there is usually no-=one on at all when I check.

Will try later, and post before I go on.

maxmars

Haunted One said:
Only need to play against 'the Italian battalion' and I'm done.

I'm rooting for Vatican this round, if you don't mind. :lol

As for tomorrow, I had to switch trains.. I will probably not be able to play tomorrow evening. However I'll be back on 23rd july.. Have fun & be cool everybody.. Don't get banned! Or get banned and go outside, whatever. :D

I'm off for a military tattoo, hopefully it's as good as it seems.

Capndrake

Just a note to everybody in Group B: I'm waiting for E3 to be over before I start playing my matches. So you'll see me next week for sure.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Hi Everyone. I'll try to be playing mathes everynight, close to 22:00 GTM.

I have been a lot busy lately. New job, new life, new friends... too busy. I'm sorry!

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
tanasten said:
WTF mike. Will we be able to play together? :(

I don't know what the hell was wrong with our connections... they just dropped whenever we invited each other, and when we finally got it going, the connection dropped during the first game. :(

Maybe we'll have more luck tomorrow.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Myke Greywolf said:
I don't know what the hell was wrong with our connections... they just dropped whenever we invited each other, and when we finally got it going, the connection dropped during the first game. :(

Maybe we'll have more luck tomorrow.

Let's hope so. I think that the problem is mine. I will check it out.

Swisslink

Thx XD

someone has too much time!

lol, yeah, that's it :p
Had nothing to do XD

@Group B.
If anybody wants to play, just write down here. :p
Preferred time: 12:00-24:00 (in Germany/Italy/France/Switzerland XD)

Dash Kappei

DashKappei said:
To everybody in Group A: E3 is over so I can start playing again my matches (not that I refused anything, just that I can be around more). So you'll see me for sure, just PM me if you want to play or at least pop a post around here.

Koren

Nice random encounter, Haunted One... thanks. (I guess it was you the Basti with DK, two Hammer Bros and a Boo ?)

Both time i was 3-2 fifteen seconds before the end, both time you managed to win T_T Very well played...

I was scared of a second megastrike on the second match (I had a little bit of lag, nothing serious, but it makes megastrikes tricky) when I saw that you got once again your special...

Haunted

Koren said:
Nice random encounter, Haunted One... thanks. (I guess it was you the Basti with DK, two Hammer Bros and a Boo ?)

Both time i was 3-2 fifteen seconds before the end, both time you managed to win T_T Very well played...

I was scared of a second megastrike on the second match (I had a little bit of lag, nothing serious, but it makes megastrikes tricky) when I saw that you got once again your special...
:O :O

I wasn't online at all, sorry. My Wii is not even in my apartment at the moment (it should be back on Tuesday, though). The one you played.... he was an impostor! :lol :lol
Bastian (long form of Basti) is a pretty common name here in Germany. :)

Sorry to hear that you lost, though. :/

Myke you there? I can see your status now btw. So if you're up for a game leave a message.

Anyone else from group B? Swiss, Nli10?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Now online... let's do it!

Edit: I'm inviting you now... are you there?

Edit 2: Myke Greywolf vs. Phife Dawg: 2 (2) - 0 (0)

Great game... I'll put it online later for everyone to watch. :)

Myke 2 (2) - Phife 0 (0)

GG Myke. One shot-one goal, that's what I call effective :lol . If I knew before you'd choose DK I would've chosen the home team-grml.

Top Bottom